Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

Hello everyone!

Search this Thread

Old 6/14/17, 10:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hello everyone!

Hi all -

I recently purchased a '14 GT Premium, and am loving it! It's my first Ford and fastest car I've ever owned, so it's been a blast. I spent several months trying to find exactly the car I wanted, I only left the Brembo brake package and Saddle leather behind when I bought this car. Otherwise, it's spec'd exactly as I wanted it.

I live in Fort Mill, SC (a suburb of Charlotte, NC), and joined this forum mostly to have access to the classifieds and get information about the car (for when I am wrenching on it).

My background is IT, but I've been playing with cars since before I had a license, and haven't stopped since then. I have worked in dealerships as well as a service writer for a small independent shop, and have been the family/friends go-to mechanic. I currently work at a first-tier tire company.

So since I cannot post a "want ad" in the classifieds yet (maybe post count??) I will ask here in my introduction:

Does anyone have a set of the BLACK 19x10 wheels (as seen in my avatar) that they want to sell? I am looking for a wider rear set to match my OEM 19x8.5 fronts... They were manufactured by OE WHEELS LLC, but are no longer in production or in stock anywhere. I am guessing that my only chance will be to get a secondhand set...
Old 6/15/17, 06:32 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 776 Likes on 567 Posts
Welcome and post a few pictures
Old 6/15/17, 10:09 AM

It has the following options:
400A equipment group (Premium package)
Rear sensing/security package
3.73:1 gears
tape stripe delete
Comfort package (twin power & heated seats/heated mirrors/pony lights)
19" machined aluminum wheels
GT Coupe accessory package 4 - pedestal rear spoiler

I's not clean right now, needs a bath!

The only modification it has right now are some custom axlebacks - they deleted the mufflers and added resonators and 3.5" tips in their place.

I love the sound (aggressive, no drone) but hate the smaller-than-stock tips! I am looking for a set of 4"-4.5" tips to put on in their place.

Last edited by krazykarguy; 6/15/17 at 10:16 AM.
Old 6/15/17, 10:36 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 841 Posts
Nice car! I had a friend who had resonators in place of the mufflers. He used the stock tips so it looked completely stock but sounded badass. Sadly, he totaled the car and now has a Corvette.
Old 6/15/17, 11:02 AM

The prior owner had some muffler shop make up this axleback. I have never seen resonators built like these are... the inlet and outlets are not aligned longitudinally in the resonator and this must be how it manages to be so quiet. It crackles quite a bit on overrun, too!

I would really like to change the tips on it, from a direct rear view, the tips are comically small.
Old 6/15/17, 03:43 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,174 Likes on 1,621 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your first pony!