Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

Hello all! Got some questions for ya

Search this Thread

Old 1/25/11, 07:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello all! Got some questions for ya

I just graduated college last year and finally have a "real" job, in celebration of this, it is just about time to get rid of my crappy 2000 civic for a new car with some ***** under the hood. After doing lots of research, I'm 97% sure that new car is going to be a mustang . Everyone on here seems very nice and insightful so I figured I'd shoot out a couple of questions!

Since I'm not loaded quite yet (hah) I'm lookin to go for the V6 since I've read nothing but good things about it and it seems like it will have plenty of punch for me, especially after owning a corolla and a civic thus far... Anyways this is what I'm lookin to build: A black, manual stang w/ hood and side scoops, that sexy pedestal spoiler, the dark stainless billet grill, the 18" gray wheels and possibly the performance package. This is my dillema, the PP... Do you guys recommend it or not? I mean it sounds great, but in all honesty I don't want the 19" wheels because tires are sooo expensive for them, despite how amazing they look...

Since I'm somewhat new to the real world of cars, do you think I would even be able to notice a difference between a standard setup and the GT's setup? Also, does the change in setup really make that much of a difference in the off the line acceleration? Say I did get the PP, do you think a dealer would be willing to swap out the 19" rims/tires for those 18" ones and tires that i mentioned above?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 1/26/11, 09:27 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Welcome to the site!

If you are not into the 19" wheels, I wouldn't go with the performance package -- you'll probably be overpaying. You can make the other PP mods yourself if you feel like you need them. But coming from a civic, I don't think it will be necessary for a little while!
Old 1/26/11, 11:10 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Check out the 2011 or 2012 V6 Mustang Club of America Edition. Would meet most your criteria.

-danny
Old 1/26/11, 07:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks for the advice! Thats what I was afraid of... over paying. Is the ride difference really all that noticeable between the PP and not (or in this case, the gt vs the regular v6)? I'm not car-educated enough to make those adjustments myself, plus I'd be too afraid I'd screw something up hah. In terms of the MCA edition, if I was going to get up that high in price, I'd probably just go for a GT instead (plus you cant add any accessories on it)... but the GT is a little more than I want to spend at the moment.