Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

Hardcore Mustangs' show car!!

Search this Thread

Old 8/14/07, 08:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hardcore Mustangs' show car!!

My name is Ernie and I own my own shop in San Diego called Hardcore Mustangs. I mainly work on the S197 bodystyle since it's 80-90% of our business. I enjoy helping customers create their dream stang and seeing them smile when they see their own creation. I have worked on hundreds of stangs in the past 11 years and have given the task of creating the ultimate stang. Here is the story of the car you are about to see....

A little over a year ago I was approached by several sponsors to create a mustang that most people would love. At the same time I was given the ultimate task to create this masterpiece in a time limit. It was brought up to me that there was a certain mustang that was created from stock to a show car in a few days. I made a comment that me and my team can create a better mustang in less time. I reserched and spoke to my team and came up with a dream build in 6 hours or less. Everyone tought we were crazy to think we can create such a feat. For those who know me I challenged myself and agreed to the project. We only had less than 2 months to prepare for the show. I created a dream list of parts for this car in which I contacted the sponsors. Most sponsors agreed to help out with our project. I had to buy a stock 07 GT Coupe from a nearby dealer. Before I bought the car we had to decide on a color that will stand out from all others. We decided on Nittro Blue from Kustom Shop. The car had to have a black base coat so we picked up a 2007 GT Coupe in black. We started tearing up the car the same night and learned short cuts that will help us cut the time during our install. We practiced for a few weeks with suspension, brakes, motor, exhaust, and body parts. We took the car to the 2006 International Auto Show in Anaheim CA. On October 7, 2006 from Noon-4:45pm we achieved a dream like no other, a full show car in less than 6 hours. Here are the specs when we were done.

Sponsors

Saleen --HID Lights, Suspension package, control arms, panhard bar, Extreme 5-spoke wheels, 14' Brake kit
Mac Performance --- Custom side exhaust
Mechanix Wear --- Protection Gear for the crew
Nitrous Express --- Nitrous kit w/10lb bottle
Classic Design Concepts --- Directional Mirrors, Sequential tailights, strut shock kit, Detail corral, floor mats, GT 500 pedals
Blow By Racing --- Full BBR kit, Eleanor hood
Whipple Supercharger -- Full Polished 10lb kit with intercooler
Corbeau --- CR-1 Micro-suade seats
Nos Energy Drinks --- provided drinks to keep the crew up and awake
Kustom Shop --- Nittro Blue custom Paint
HCM --- Labor of course
SS Inserts --- All chrome accents in motor
Lucas Oil --- Support and tons of oil for the car
Diablo Sport --- Hand held tuner
Vertical Doors --- Vertical Door kit
Dunlop Tires --- 275/35/20

Since then we have added these mods

Glass Top from CDC
Fully built engine by ST Motorsports
Fully polished motor by HCM
Full suade door panels by HCM
A-pillar 3-gauge pod with Autometer gauges
CDC center gauge pod with Autometer gauges
Interior accents to match exterior paint

We are still working on making this car better so stay tuned for updates.

This car has helped us launch our business from the ground up. And so we would like to thank everyone that helped us and supported us. Even now a lot of people even on here have been helpful with our business. Thank You.

I hope you guys enjoy the pics and I am opened to any comments, but don't scorch me to death. LOL

Keep in mind this car has won several Best in Shows including (Fun Ford Weekend, Mustangs in the park show) It has also received over 30 awards mostly being 1st place at many different shows.

Here it is completely stock

And now the transformation