Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

Greeting from Saxapahaw, NC

Search this Thread

Old 3/18/11, 09:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greeting from Saxapahaw, NC

Hi all. Yes, I really live a small town in North Carolina called "Saxapahaw"; I'm originally from Miami, FL though. So... I have become utterly obsessed over getting a 2012 Mustang GT premium for my 40th birthday this Fall (first one, but it would be my second Ford), and found this forum to be the best, most informative Mustang resource on the net. You've all already become most helpful in much of the configuration decisions I'm making, decisions which may unfortunately be a bit premature, haha.

I currently drive a 2005 Mazda3s 2.3 liter automatic, and while I do appreciate it's excellent reliability and fuel efficiency, I am bored to tears with it during my 60-mile (round trip) daily commute. I was never particularly a stang fan growing up in the 80's, but I absolutely loved the classics that I only saw in books/magazines, and was really, really excited the first time I saw a 5.0 with a classic aesthetic. Now that the Mazda is probably reaching it's end-of-life, I have been Mustang-dreamin' every night!

Justifying the extra $400 or so in annual fuel costs and potentially $300 in insurance is proving a bit difficult to explain to the wife, but I'm completely sold! I'd rather pay a bit of a premium to own something I can be proud of, and probably keep longer if I really "bond" with it, which I'm sure I would. Anyway, I look forward to learning even more from you, and hopefully share my own Mustang experiences later this year!

Mike