Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

Getting ready to order a new GT Premium

Search this Thread

Old 9/2/12, 02:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Getting ready to order a new GT Premium

As the subject suggests, I'm going through the comparisons in preparation for ordering a new GT Premium. My wife is buying me a new mustang for my 50th birthday, and I've narrowed down all the technical features for a GT Premium once we decided it wasn't the right time to buy a Shelby. The only technical mod that I know I'll make once I get the mustang is to replace the mufflers with GT500 mufflers.

The one area that I'm challenged with is the external appearance. I'm posting my thoughts and pictures of a couple "feature examples" even though the colors aren't right. My hope is there is someone on this forum with a car that is a close match, and I'd love to see your pictures.

I've always loved white Shelby's with the Guardsman Blue stripe. I'm leaning heavily towards getting one in performance white with a single stripe like this yellow stang has.

Name:  13mustangboss302_01.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  35.5 KB

I'll have the glass roof, and the stripe will be painted. I think I also want a side stripe, and I like the faded stripe on Twin Turbo's:

Name:  GTCS_side_stripe.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  213.6 KB

I'd probably inset "GT" in white where his has GT/CS.

I'll have the spoiler and side scoops like seen on Twin Turbo's, but I'm undecided on whether to paint the hood vents. I'm concerned they'd look tacky and not enhance the look I'm going after. Others who have painted theirs black seem to work well, but with my blue stripes, I think the only color that might look good would be the same blue.

This site is loaded with very helpful info, and so far I've found it to be my most heavily visited mustang site. Thanks everyone.
Old 9/2/12, 03:45 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Welcome to TMS!
Old 9/3/12, 04:17 AM
Cobra Member

Welcome
Old 9/3/12, 07:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

Welcome to the forum
Old 9/4/12, 05:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Welcome and good luck on your order!
Old 9/4/12, 06:20 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by KodiakMustang
As the subject suggests, I'm going through the comparisons in preparation for ordering a new GT Premium. My wife is buying me a new mustang for my 50th birthday, and I've narrowed down all the technical features for a GT Premium once we decided it wasn't the right time to buy a Shelby. The only technical mod that I know I'll make once I get the mustang is to replace the mufflers with GT500 mufflers.

The one area that I'm challenged with is the external appearance. I'm posting my thoughts and pictures of a couple "feature examples" even though the colors aren't right. My hope is there is someone on this forum with a car that is a close match, and I'd love to see your pictures.

I've always loved white Shelby's with the Guardsman Blue stripe. I'm leaning heavily towards getting one in performance white with a single stripe like this yellow stang has.

I'll have the glass roof, and the stripe will be painted. I think I also want a side stripe, and I like the faded stripe on Twin Turbo's:

I'd probably inset "GT" in white where his has GT/CS.

I'll have the spoiler and side scoops like seen on Twin Turbo's, but I'm undecided on whether to paint the hood vents. I'm concerned they'd look tacky and not enhance the look I'm going after. Others who have painted theirs black seem to work well, but with my blue stripes, I think the only color that might look good would be the same blue.

This site is loaded with very helpful info, and so far I've found it to be my most heavily visited mustang site. Thanks everyone.
Dude! Hands down, what a great 50th present. Moreover, what a great wife! You will figure it out, take your time. When you do, enjoy the ride, your life and your wife. This makes me so happy for guys like us. Congrats!!!