Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

Getting back into the hobby

Search this Thread

Old 1/3/16, 02:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Getting back into the hobby

Hi guys,

Its been a few years (1993) since I have owned a performance car due to a personal mishap that got me caught me up and out of the hobby for a while. Anyways pulled the trigger, and bought myself a GT Mustang (2011) over the holidays here. I'll post pictures soon.

Anyhow, back in '93, I was attempting to lay a burnout at a car show. I ended up losing control of my 409 Bel-Air and slamming into a couple of parked cars that no one was in or near, thankfully. I got out of the car, a few guys came over running and screaming profanity at me, and letting me have it. After tempers escalated, I attempted to throw a swing which, I missed, and a few guys grabbed me, pinned me down, until the law enforcement showed up, and I was promptly arrested for disorderly conduct, and ticketed for reckless driving. Needless to say, my wife had me take some time, almost 23 years away from the hobby.

I am back now, and I am looking forward to a good time as a hobbyist, and I have learned my lessons about responsibility. I am back for good this time, no more shennanigans!

Happy New Year Everyone!
Old 1/3/16, 06:56 PM

These new 5.0 cars are alot of fun. Drive safe.
Old 1/4/16, 06:08 AM

Thanks, I will definitely try to drive more safely. Hell, I am turning 69 this year, I gotta live one last time! I definitely learned my street fighting days are over as well. I got a few years to enjoy this bad boy.
Old 1/4/16, 12:04 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
congrats on getting back in the game. hope you enjoy it safely and responsibly this time. bad experience always teaches us more than the good ones. thanks for sharing your story.
Old 1/4/16, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by CiniZter
congrats on getting back in the game. hope you enjoy it safely and responsibly this time. bad experience always teaches us more than the good ones. thanks for sharing your story.

thanks i learned my lesson that night. those guys should have given me a beating too, but they spared me for whatever reason. i was definitely a moron for crashing into their cars. it didnt impress my wife either when i tried to start a brawl either. especially a brawl with one pointless missed punch, which i ended up getting pinned down screaming "you'll regret this!" and then i was arrested in front of my wife.thankfully she bailed me out later that evening. i am not proud of my history, but its better to share it and come back to the hobby honestly. maybe some young fellar will learn not to be a hothead, as it got me no where. I was in the wrong for exploding like i did. time to get back to leave it to beaver.
Old 1/6/16, 09:29 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome good story.