Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

First thread from Rob

Search this Thread

Old 11/11/18, 07:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
First thread from Rob

Hi, all—i’m new to TMS but very pleased to join like-minded Mustang owners on this national forum! My dream of owning a red Mustang convertible came true in June, 2016–a dream I’ve had since age seven! It’s a 2013 red candy metallic clear coat with the stone interior which I LOVE. Happy to be part of the club here!

2013 V6 red candy metallic clearcoat premium convertible w/ Pony package, AT, leather stone interior--everything is stock. At 61, I'm finally in the car I've wanted since age 7. Thanks to all of you who can diagnose problems put forth in this forum, and welcome to all the new members!!

Last edited by Rob Graf; 12/4/18 at 09:03 PM.
Old 11/12/18, 09:13 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 684 Likes on 347 Posts
Welcome..
Old 11/12/18, 09:36 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 841 Posts
That is a great color combination. Did you get a V-6 or GT?
Old 11/12/18, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by 1 Alibi 2
Welcome..
Thank you! Good to be with you here!
Old 11/12/18, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by SpectreH
That is a great color combination. Did you get a V-6 or GT?
To be honest, the second I saw the car I knew I wanted it even though it is not a GT! It’s a V6. I appreciate your encouragement, SpectreH! What do you have?
Old 11/12/18, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Rob Graf
Hi, all—i’m new to TMS but very pleased to join like-minded Mustang owners on this national forum! My dream of owning a red Mustang convertible came true in June, 2016–a dream I’ve had since age seven! It’s a 2013 red candy metallic clear coat with the stone interior which I LOVE. Happy to be part of the club here!
I do have a question for anyone out there with this issue: my ‘13 convertible V6 Premium has developed some very audible squeaks in the back end when going over train tracks or uneven pavement. I hear these squeaks mostly in cold, dry weather. Any thoughts about what I should do? My car has only 18,300 miles on it and is out of warranty.
Old 11/12/18, 10:43 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
Welcome aboard!

Assuming you're still stock, the '13 has two each rubber bushings for the two lower control arms, the upper control arm, and the panhard bar in the back on the axle and body. There are also four bushings for the sway bar if equipped (I wanna say all '13s have them? ) one on each end at the shock mount, and two in the middle of the bar.

The colder weather makes the rubber harder until they warm up, and any more extreme movement ensures there's gonna be noises. That coupled with 5 years of time/exposure/use/wear, and... squeak! It's not the mileage, it's the materials.

There's not much on a stock suspension you can do beyond replacing the bushings. It'd help to identify which of the bushings is giving you troubles. The likeliest is the lower control arm front bushings, but the sway bar bushings could also be the thing... could be any of them.

Any of the arms can either be replaced, and upgraded to better materials, design, and/or bushing material for better handling/axle control, or just have the bushings replaced to OEM. Some pieces like the lower control arms, may be just easier/price effective to replace the entire piece rather than press out and press in a bushing.

You may can get away with only one set of the things. Like one set of lower control arms, and all the rest is fine.

Of course, I am guessing. Easy to use my past experiences to take a guess and still be wrong, maybe. The best bet, if you're not mechanically inclined and versed, is to take the car to a good mechanic who you can trust, and can tell you what's up. I mean, it could be any of the above, or it could be spring perches, or some sort of metal rubbing that'd be a little odd, but maybe something worked loose...

Hope some of that helps. Again, welcome!
The following users liked this post:
Rob Graf (12/3/18)
Old 11/21/18, 06:15 PM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,964 Likes on 1,589 Posts
Welcome to TMS and congrats