Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

Fellow Mustang Fanatic: "Hello from Canada"!

Search this Thread

Old 11/7/11, 07:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Fellow Mustang Fanatic: "Hello from Canada"!

Hi all,.. I'm a 46-yr.old car fanatic/mechanic/bodyman,.. from Ontario, Canada. I've always loved Mustangs,.. but for some reason...waited until this year to get one???... I think that's because the mustang that I've always wanted,.. was a $74,000 Shelby GT500KR!!,.. and being a vain,..egotystical alpha-male,... nothing else would do...LOL..ha..haa..haaaa. Anyways,.. I finally got my 1st one, a 2000 Mustang LX coupe in September,.. I only had it for one month,..because my whole plan.. was to buy and sell, [for kick-a$$ profit], three or four vehicles this year,...to get enough money together to buy my 1ST "KEEPER" MUSTANG. Now my dream is coming true,.. I'm flying to Toronto, Ont., tomorrow, [Nov.08,2011], to pick up my newly purchased 2005 Mustang coupe. I look forward to being a part of this forum. Specs: Legend Lime 2005 mustang coupe 77,000 km.'s, 4.0L V-6 w/T-5 5-spd. manual trans., Hurst short throw shifter, Pypes shorty headers, Pypes true dual exhaust system w/X-pipe & Mac mufflers, BBK cold air intake, Screaming Demon coil pack, Taylor Street Thunder spark plug wires w/NGK Platinum plugs, billet grill, custom gages, H&R lowering springs [only installed fronts for stance], SCT tuner, Alpine CD/MP3/iPOD player w/MTX speakers, Falken FK452 tires on 18" Bullit Chrome wheels. I LOVE MY NEW MUSTANG,...and I haven't even driven it yet!!!
Old 11/10/11, 04:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Welcome to The Mustang Source from one Canadian to another! Enjoy your new Mustang!
Old 11/11/11, 02:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks "SCOTT2",... boy do I have a story to tell..... Three days ago, Tuesday November 8, 2011,.. I flew out of Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada,.. to Toronto, Ontario, Canada... to go and pick up my "new to me", 2005 Mustang coupe. I saw the car... and "WOW"!!!... she's even more beautiful in person! So we do the paperwork,... and the car is mine.... I start driving back east home to Thunder Bay. Stopped in Lively, Ontario,..[a small community just outside of Sudbury, Ontario],.. for the night. I get up Wednesday morning,.. look out the window at my new beauty,... and again.."WOW"!!! she's a dream.. very clean... because it's raining cats & dogs out there. Took to the hwy again,.. and it rained ALL day. We'd been driving for 6-hours when we were 40-km.'s West [South], of Wawa, Ontario, Canada,... some of the most dangerous roads in Canada,.. due to the "major" hills. We hit 12% grades and such for miles... then I noticed something,.. the shoulders suddenly turned "WHITE"!!...snow??? sh*t!!... so we kept driving, [there was nothing behind us...towns, businesses...nothing,.. for 50+miles!!]. We got to the top of a hill the locals call, "REDROCK HILL",.. shifted from third down to second for the loonnngggg drive down the 5-mile long, winding,.. 12% grade hill. As soon as it got into second... [I was just going over the crest of the hill],.. the mustang began to lightly fishtail. Then,.. it just "whipped" to the right.. and I was facing downhill, looking out my drivers side window,... there was no more control to adjust anything... just the 30* angle we were drifting into the ravine at. The car slid down the embankment about 30-feet or so.. until we "leapt" partway over the 12' wide x 6' deep ditch, [an elongated letter u shape], at the bottom. The front bottom part of the bumper hit the other side of the ditch,.. and we stopped dead, [no pun intended... because if we kept on the road any longer,... and still swerved off... we would have hit a rock cut at the bottom of a 40' deep ravine....and probably WOULD have died]. So,... basically,.. I'm happy to be alive...and even happier that the mustang only has minor damage... and that I have "FULL INSURANCE COVERAGE"!! ... They're fixing it,.. and an auto carrier is then bringing it home to me. *[I finally got home late last night, Thursday Nov.10/11, with the help of a Greyhound bus ride]. What a ride....
Old 11/11/11, 02:22 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Dang! Glad you are ok. In the mustang world White means STOP. Glad your new ride is gonna make it also.
Old 11/11/11, 04:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
WOW, all I can say is I am glad you were not hurt and that there was only minor damage to your new Mustang! King City is only 25 minutes north of Toronto. No snow here yet, but there was snow last night in Barrie (about another 30 minutes North). I have already put my car away for the Winter. Be safe!
Old 11/11/11, 05:03 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Holy Smokes! Glad to hear you and the new car are okay. One thing you dont have to worry about - mods. It sounds like there is nothing left to do after reading that list.
Enjoy!
Old 11/12/11, 02:04 PM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Welcome to TMS