Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

Aloha from Hawaii

Search this Thread

Old 2/4/11, 11:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aloha from Hawaii

Hey everyone on TheMustangSource!

My name is Ken and after owning mostly all of the Mustang's rivals I have finally converted back to the big blue oval and bought a new 2010 Mustang GT convertible in Sterling Gray.

2010 you say?!?!? Yes I found this car on the roof of a local dealer way in the back just waiting for me to take it home. In Hawaii it sucks bad trying to buy a new vehicle. Every dealer charges MSRP+ some sort of mark-up because you don't have an option to purchase the car anywhere else really.

The new 2011s with similar equipment were all marked up from sticker and to purchase one with the same equiment was going to run about 45k. I spent a full day negotiating for this leftover that stickered at $40,750 and finally took it home for 32k and a free ESP warranty.

It's a Premium Convertible with the 400A rapid order deal. It also has optional wheels, the shaker 1000, a really nice cloth top, HIDs , active security, and for some reason - a spoiler delete?

Best part is that is a manual transmission and exactly what I was looking for. I have been totally lurking on the forums since I bought it reading about modifications and problems etc and decided this was a great owner's forum to be a part of. My last Ford, a 2003 SVT Lightning, was bulletproof and after bad experiences galore from GM and Dodge I have committed to never buying from either of them again.

Here's some quick pictures from my cellphone of the car. The lack of spoiler bugs me sometimes but the blacked out stealth Bullit look is kind of cool at the same time.

Old 2/4/11, 12:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Very nice car! Congratulations...

I won't even ask what the weather is like where you are!!
Old 2/4/11, 12:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Kiloton10
Hey everyone on TheMustangSource!

My name is Ken and after owning mostly all of the Mustang's rivals I have finally converted back to the big blue oval and bought a new 2010 Mustang GT convertible in Sterling Gray.

2010 you say?!?!? Yes I found this car on the roof of a local dealer way in the back just waiting for me to take it home. In Hawaii it sucks bad trying to buy a new vehicle. Every dealer charges MSRP+ some sort of mark-up because you don't have an option to purchase the car anywhere else really.

The new 2011s with similar equipment were all marked up from sticker and to purchase one with the same equiment was going to run about 45k. I spent a full day negotiating for this leftover that stickered at $40,750 and finally took it home for 32k and a free ESP warranty.

It's a Premium Convertible with the 400A rapid order deal. It also has optional wheels, the shaker 1000, a really nice cloth top, HIDs , active security, and for some reason - a spoiler delete?

Best part is that is a manual transmission and exactly what I was looking for. I have been totally lurking on the forums since I bought it reading about modifications and problems etc and decided this was a great owner's forum to be a part of. My last Ford, a 2003 SVT Lightning, was bulletproof and after bad experiences galore from GM and Dodge I have committed to never buying from either of them again.

Here's some quick pictures from my cellphone of the car. The lack of spoiler bugs me sometimes but the blacked out stealth Bullit look is kind of cool at the same time.
Aloha brotha! Hey where in hawaii you from because im from honolulu myself. I only go there during the summers to visit family though but right now im in south texas. Welcome to the site and beautiful car (:
Old 2/4/11, 01:14 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
HIDs and Spoiler Delelte...

Awesome. Welcome to the site!!
Old 2/4/11, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Hawaii 5.0
Aloha brotha! Hey where in hawaii you from because im from honolulu myself. I only go there during the summers to visit family though but right now im in south texas. Welcome to the site and beautiful car (:
I am a total haole and live/work up at the base in Kbay. My wife just got on with the HPD though and were planning on staying here for good. Been here a couple of years and you just can't beat da island life.
Old 2/4/11, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Jonf
Very nice car! Congratulations...

I won't even ask what the weather is like where you are!!
That first picture was last weekend out cruising. I have a garage for it but I can put the top down year round it is great!
Old 2/4/11, 01:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

I am a total haole and live/work up at the base in Kbay. My wife just got on with the HPD though and were planning on staying here for good. Been here a couple of years and you just can't beat da island life.
Nice! Whenever im out and about during the summer im usually cruisin along waikiki and go all around oahu or just go through the mountain passes. Next time im over there ill shoot ya a pm, maybe get some other people goin for a nice island cruise
Old 2/4/11, 01:37 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The lack of spoiler bugs me sometimes
Welcome!

Yeah I find it kind of interesting how not that long ago a cool car had to have a spoiler. Now its going the other way. Guess spoilers went from cool to everyday on everything and the appeal is wearing thin.