Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

99 Mustang Oil leak and vibrations.

Old 2/4/19, 01:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99 Mustang Oil leak and vibrations.

Hello everybody, I need some help with my 99 mustang. I recently fixed the misfire but now I'm getting vibrations and a oil leak. My oil leak is coming from where the engine meets the transmission, but my power-steering fluid is all gone. the oil seems to be motor oil. I checked the boots for the power-steering rack and have a small tear in it. That is leak one done, but the motor oil leak is a mystery, I checked the oil on it on a level surface and it seems full maybe just a tad bit over full. Now for the vibrations, It seems like the engine is shaking , but the motor mounts in front are three months old which makes them new and no oil has gotten on them, for the tranny mount is is new as well, but has gotten some oil on it. For the balancer it seems to have some blugged rubber and no cracks. Any one has any ideas on my vibration and oil leak.
Old 2/5/19, 07:26 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 773 Likes on 565 Posts
sounds like maybe your rear main seal is leaking. Do you have an auto trans or a stick? Replace those power steering hoses.
Old 2/5/19, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn
sounds like maybe your rear main seal is leaking. Do you have an auto trans or a stick? Replace those power steering hoses.
I have a auto trans and I'll have done once I do a wash down and know for sure that it is rms
Old 2/7/19, 08:50 PM

So i had the rear main seal replaced today and the transmission mount. Still have the vibrations but it now shifted to the front of the car. it used to be in the seats and center console. What can cause it to be shaking now?
Old 2/8/19, 07:27 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 773 Likes on 565 Posts
tires out of balance? Harmonic balancer is going? Bad tire? Maybe try putting the front tires on the back and the back ones on the front. Does it vibrate while not moving or only when you are moving?
Old 2/8/19, 01:02 PM

Update: the oil leak came back, same spot I believe. It vibrates on start up and fades out when warm but not fully. Than when you start moving it comes slowly, But when you go onto a main road and get up to 45 it there but slightly noticeable but you feel it in the pedals and foot well. also when you pop the hood you can see the engine shaking from what i see side to side. I have picture of the balancer and i believe it is bad and tech teach says it looks cracked.