Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

2009 Mustang Pony Package New member introduction

Search this Thread

Old 6/23/23 | 12:30 PM

Talking 2009 Mustang Pony Package New member introduction

Hello Everyone!

My Name is Danny and I recently purchased a 2009 S197! Her name is AVA and she's a 45th anniversary PONY package with a V6 automatic engine. I bought her with about 110,000 miles and she's in great shape. This is my first car purchase and since then I have been interested in learning about maintenance, upkeep, and easy mods. She is mostly all stock at the moment except for the taillights and sweet exhaust from the previous owner. I plan to be adding a lot more to her in the future. Let me know what you think I should add first!

AVA

Last edited by dannycevilla; 6/23/23 at 12:32 PM.
The following users liked this post:
m05fastbackGT (6/23/23)
Old 6/23/23 | 12:39 PM
The Analog Admin!

Welcome,

Hopefully The Car Was Well Maintained By Previous Owners. If You Got Service Records With Vehicle you can Determine From That What May or May Not Need Attention. First Thing I Would Do Is Get VIN Number and Call your Local Dealer and See if Any Recalls Were Overlooked. Those are Free Repairs.

Before Making Mechanical Changes Get Used to The Car So You Know it's Characteristics. If No Service History is Available I would Seriously Advise To Have All Fluids Checked & Serviced To Avoid Future Issues. This Site has A Ton Of Info on the 05-09's So Some Searching Around Should Provide Plenty of Options For Your Vehicle as Far as Mods or Maintaining it!

Nice Car! Enjoy it! Looks Really Clean! Nice Color, Nice Wheels and Nice Condition! Externally I would not Change a Thing!

Oh and Hopefully You Have 2 Keys! It Can Get Sticky if You Only Have 1 and Lose it! If You Do Have 2 You Can Simply Get the Correct Key about Anywhere These Days and Program it Yourself! Then You Are Covered If Lose One!

This Post Will Explain in Detail!

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...rocess-542327/

I Did a Lot With the 05-09's in the Day If are Interested.

https://themustangsource.com/forums/f700/

KC

Last edited by 05stangkc; 6/23/23 at 12:49 PM.
Old 6/23/23 | 12:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Hi and welcome to the forum. Nice looking car and nice scenery too.

Based on the photo: snow tires! And you might want some winter wheels to go inside them, so you can save your good wheels from the winter elements.
Old 6/23/23 | 01:26 PM

Hey thanks!

I will definitely be looking into those free repairs from the dealership. Good thing to know!
Where is a good place to get all fluids checked and serviced?
Old 6/23/23 | 01:31 PM

Hey, thanks for the welcome!

I bought it early last winter and bought some new fire hawk all season tires from firestone. They did pretty well after putting some sand bags in the trunk. I am planning on not driving it during any more winters to help preserve her.
Old 6/23/23 | 01:43 PM
The Analog Admin!

Originally Posted by dannycevilla
Hey thanks!

I will definitely be looking into those free repairs from the dealership. Good thing to know!
Where is a good place to get all fluids checked and serviced?
Well A Good Shop May be Hard To Find But worth The Effort. Make Sure & Go to The Next Local Car Show in the Area & Talk To Folks with Similar Vehicles. A Internet Search of Local Shops With Reviews Would Be Good as Well! Most Mustangers are Pretty Particular So Try & Find Others with Similar Cars for References. There are Good Dealerships out There and They Know the Cars & What Goes Wrong as They Have seen it Day in Day Out So Consider That as Well! Always Consider The Source when Getting Opinions and Check Things For Yourself.

Read That Owners Manual Cover to Cover as a Start! If you Don't Have One You Can Download it For Free along With Other Info you May Not Have!

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...p-ford-549326/

KC

Last edited by 05stangkc; 6/23/23 at 01:45 PM.
Old 6/23/23 | 01:49 PM
SUPERCHARGED RED ROCKET ------------------Master-Moderator

Welcome aboard and congrats on the recent purchase of your "09" V6 Mustang... She most definitely appears in really great condition with 110k miles... Meanwhile, hope you'll enjoy your ride for many great years to come and thanks for posting such an awesome pic as well.
Old 6/23/23 | 01:52 PM

Sorry for a second reply but I just remembered an issue I've been having since purchasing. For some reason the auxiliary jack in the middle storage console doesn't work. Whenever I try to play something through the aux feature, all I see is a message to activate sirius xm. I've searched and found one other owner with the same issue. I was wondering if anyone else was aware of this and had a solution. I'm getting tired of using my Bluetooth transmitter haha.

Thanks!
Old 6/23/23 | 02:04 PM
The Analog Admin!

Originally Posted by dannycevilla
Sorry for a second reply but I just remembered an issue I've been having since purchasing. For some reason the auxiliary jack in the middle storage console doesn't work. Whenever I try to play something through the aux feature, all I see is a message to activate sirius xm. I've searched and found one other owner with the same issue. I was wondering if anyone else was aware of this and had a solution. I'm getting tired of using my Bluetooth transmitter haha.

Thanks!
Auxiliary input jack

Your vehicle is equipped with an Auxiliary Input Jack (AIJ). The Auxiliary Input Jack provides a way to connect your portable music player to the in-vehicle audio system. This allows the audio from a portable music player to be played through the vehicle speakers with high fidelity. To achieve optimal performance, please observe the following instructions when attaching your portable music device to the audio system. Required equipment:

1. Any portable music player designed to be used with headphones 2. An audio extension cable with stereo male 1/8 in. (3.5 mm) connectors at each end To play your portable music player using the auxiliary input jack:

1. Begin with the vehicle parked and the radio turned off.
2. Ensure that the battery in your portable music player is new or fully charged and that the device is turned off.
3. Attach one end of the audio extension cable to the headphone output of your player and the other end of the audio extension cable to the AIJ in your vehicle.
4. Turn the radio on, using either a tuned FM station or a CD loaded into the system. Adjust the volume to a comfortable listening level.
5. Turn the portable music player on and adjust the volume to 1/2 the volume.
6. Press AUX on the vehicle radio repeatedly until LINE IN appears in the display. You should hear audio from your portable music player although it may be low.
7. Adjust the sound on your portable music player until it reaches the level of the FM station or CD by switching back and forth between the AUX and FM or CD controls.

Troubleshooting:

1. Do not connect the audio input jack to a line level output. Line level outputs are intended for connection to a home stereo and are not compatible with the AIJ. The AIJ will only work correctly with devices that have a headphone output with a volume control.
2. Do not set the portable music player’s volume level higher than is necessary to match the volume of the CD or FM radio in your audio system as this will cause distortion and will reduce sound quality. Many portable music players have different output levels, so not all players should be set at the same levels. Some players will sound best at full volume and others will need to be set at a lower volume.
3. If the music sounds distorted at lower listening levels, turn the portable music player volume down. If the problems persists, replace or recharge the batteries in the portable music player.
4. The portable music player must be controlled in the same manner when it is used with headphones as the AIJ does not provide control (play, pause, etc.) over the attached portable music player.
5. For safety reasons, connecting or adjusting the settings on your portable music player should not be attempted while the vehicle is moving. Also, the portable music player should be stored in a secure location, such as the center console or the glove box, when the vehicle is in motion. The audio extension cable must be long enough to allow the portable music player to be safely stored while the vehicle is in motion.

Are You Following These Instructions as Per Owners Manual?? Page 36&37

KC

Last edited by 05stangkc; 6/23/23 at 02:28 PM.
Old 6/23/23 | 09:35 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
Welcome aboard and congrats on the recent purchase of your "09" V6 Mustang... She most definitely appears in really great condition with 110k miles... Meanwhile, hope you'll enjoy your ride for many great years to come and thanks for posting such an awesome pic as well.
Best of luck!