Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

Search this Thread

Old 2/9/05, 09:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE WAITING UNTIL 2006 TO GET THEIR NEW STANG?
I'M GOING TO LET FORD GET THE BUGS OUT OF THE 2005's. IT'S NICE TO BE THE FIRST ONE ON THE BLOCK, BUT I KNOW THE '06 WILL BE BETTER.
Old 2/9/05, 04:14 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by STANG89@February 9, 2005, 12:13 PM
I'M GOING TO LET FORD GET THE BUGS OUT OF THE 2005's. IT'S NICE TO BE THE FIRST ONE ON THE BLOCK, BUT I KNOW THE '06 WILL BE BETTER.
I can understand your throught process, but I think the first year gremlins will be few. This Mustang seems to be well though out. The only think I hear that might be an issue is the Shaker Stereo CD portion skipping and it's not even clear whether it's a damping issue or an issue with the head unit. That's just an issue with a few of the 10s of thousands of '05 Mustangs currently built.

What I have seen in the past, especially with Ford and GM, they tend to "dedontent" the little things in subsequent years of a model's run to squeeze more profit out of them. YOu can also bet, with the Mustang's current popularity, there will be a price increase, too. So, the '05 Mustang wil probably be the most feature rich/least expensive car in the current model's life span.
Old 2/9/05, 05:50 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

the 18" rims would be a reason alone to wait, but I already have an 05 on order.
Old 2/9/05, 07:29 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by graphicguy@February 9, 2005, 6:17 PM
What I have seen in the past, especially with Ford and GM, they tend to "dedontent" the little things in subsequent years of a model's run to squeeze more profit out of them. YOu can also bet, with the Mustang's current popularity, there will be a price increase, too. So, the '05 Mustang wil probably be the most feature rich/least expensive car in the current model's life span.
"Dedontent"? Decontent? Reduce content? ???

Not certain of a price increase, but you can also bet on on better financing and rebates. Many of those people buying stangs now are those that have been waiting for this car for years or see the hot new thing and just have to have it. Once that group is past, price will come down.

Note that V6's are not selling fast. Expect GT sales to continue at a good pace but slow down too.
Old 2/17/05, 02:08 PM
GT Member

From what I understand, Ford had the new Stang in development for much longer than most cars just to avoid the first year bugs. They took great care to work the bugs out of it before it hit mainstream production and they took great pains to make sure everyone knew it too. The only reason I can see to wait for the 06 is for the possibility of any expected or unexpected special editions. Either way you are getting a sweet car. If you are waiting on the 06 you may as well wait on the 07 and get the Cobra.
Old 2/17/05, 04:13 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

[quote=graphicguy,February 9, 2005, 6:17 PM]
Originally Posted by STANG89,February 9, 2005, 12:13 PM
I can understand your throught process, but I think the first year gremlins will be few. This Mustang seems to be well though out. The only think I hear that might be an issue is the Shaker Stereo CD portion skipping and it's not even clear whether it's a damping issue or an issue with the head unit. That's just an issue with a few of the 10s of thousands of '05 Mustangs currently built.

It was an electronic problem- it has been addressed and replaced with an updated unit without skipping and rewinding. I just got mine, and am over the moon happy.
Old 2/17/05, 04:22 PM

Originally posted by DiamondBlue+February 9, 2005, 7:32 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DiamondBlue @ February 9, 2005, 7:32 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-graphicguy@February 9, 2005, 6:17 PM
"Dedontent"? Decontent? Reduce content? ???

Not certain of a price increase, but you can also bet on on better financing and rebates. Many of those people buying stangs now are those that have been waiting for this car for years or see the hot new thing and just have to have it. Once that group is past, price will come down.

Note that V6's are not selling fast. Expect GT sales to continue at a good pace but slow down too.
[/b][/quote]
Have you ever seen a new model year cheaper than the previous year? I think not. The only reasons I can see for waiting is the color changes or special editions. the 18" inch wheels shouldn't be a factor because with the price increase you could probably have bought a nice set of wheels. Just my opinion though.
Old 2/21/05, 12:29 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Dad05@February 17, 2005, 6:25 PM
Have you ever seen a new model year cheaper than the previous year? I think not. The only reasons I can see for waiting is the color changes or special editions. the 18" inch wheels shouldn't be a factor because with the price increase you could probably have bought a nice set of wheels. Just my opinion though.
Yes, I have seen a new model year cheaper than the previous year. Happens all the time.

Note I also said rebates and other incentives will bring down out the door prices.
Old 2/24/05, 12:34 PM

I'm also waiting for an '06. The first new Stang I saw on the web was the Titanium with 18" wheels and silver LeMans stripes from the Detroit (NAIAS) show last year. Love at first sight is an understatement. I was very disappointed that those options weren't available on the '05.
For me, getting the titanium color is worth the wait. I doubt that the stripes will be available as a factory painted option, but I will be getting that done ASAP. I must have that car!!!! :worship: