Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

02' v6, from LI - NY

Search this Thread

Old 1/23/13, 06:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink 02' v6, from LI - NY

Hey what's upFairly new mustang owner here and loving every second of it. I had no idea how to drive a stick prior to owning this car and thought I was gonna die after the second day.. Lol but by day 3, i couldn't believe I waited so long to drive stick.....
Any ways, I'm here hoping to get some tips with some simple mods. I would like to get some better sound out of my v6. I know it will never sound like an 8, but it doesn't have to be so quiet.. Just looking for some tips.
Apparently I don't seem to know anyone who can help out, which is what led me here..
Thanks
VV
Old 1/23/13, 06:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Finally someone with the same color stang I have. As for your question, most people will tell you tune, gears, and exhaust with a TB (throttle body) to get more ponies, out of your pony. As for sound I'm not a expert on the new edg v6 exhaust sounds. A good safe bet would be to get flowmasters and convert it to dual exhaust.
Attached Thumbnails 02' v6, from LI - NY-image-3247777586.jpg  
Old 1/23/13, 08:25 PM

That's pretty much what I've been reading. I've only seen my color in a gt. never in a v6. I'm not even looking for speed.. Lol. Back is so light compared to what I'm used to, I really love the sound that comes out of a nice set of pipes, and how pretty it looks under the hood. Lol. Thanks
Old 1/23/13, 08:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by vv-33
That's pretty much what I've been reading. I've only seen my color in a gt. never in a v6. I'm not even looking for speed.. Lol. Back is so light compared to what I'm used to, I really love the sound that comes out of a nice set of pipes, and how pretty it looks under the hood. Lol. Thanks
I have a GT and I never seen my color before on the road so that makes me happy. Also remember just because it's loud doesn't make it a nice sound. When I had my v6 I just made it loud and it sounded aweful, that's what I get for straight piping it.
Old 1/23/13, 09:35 PM

Yea I'm not looking for just loud.. Just a nice purr... Lol.
Old 1/23/13, 09:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by vv-33
Yea I'm not looking for just loud.. Just a nice purr... Lol.
Flowmasters would be good then lol.
Old 1/25/13, 08:04 PM

How's it going I'm pretty new to this site too. Which part of Long Island you from? I'm from Lindenhurst originally but I live in savannah ga now I build business jets for Gulfstream aerospace.
Old 2/9/13, 03:25 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Welcome to TMS!