Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

What phone do you use?

Search this Thread

Old 7/30/14, 06:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OnceYouGoBlack
See? Your typo proves that apple sucks :-) Tell me what makes the iPhone 5s better than the Samsung S5? *crickets*
1: Apple 2:Apple 3:Apple 4:Apple is king 5:it is absolutely beautiful 6:Apple 7:insanely easy to use and adapt to. 8the build quality is incredible. Need I say more?
Old 7/30/14, 06:29 PM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
See? Your typo proves that apple sucks :-) Tell me what makes the iPhone 5s better than the Samsung S5? *crickets*
Let's see. Better camera, better screen viewing angles, better apps, better ecosystem, MUCH faster, MUCH better looking, MUCH better quality, NOT plastic, doesn't look like a bandaid, better battery life, better support, gets apps first as opposed to port knockoffs, higher social status, better finger print scanner (and don't tell me it's dumb. I can't stand swipe and unlock now. Clicking the button to turn on the screen and unlock in one move is amazing. Don't hate just bc scamsung can't figure out how to steal innovation and make it work), better speaker quality, fits in my pocket, Siri, ...

Do I really need to keep going? The galaxy line is a sloppy seconds knockoff. They dump features that iPhones have or are rumored to have and never execute them. It's junk. Landfill filler.
Old 7/30/14, 06:34 PM
Bullitt Member

lol...

The camera is far inferior to the S5. Trust me...
The viewing angles? that's debatable.
Better apps? you gotta be kidding. how's that apple maps working out for ya?
ecosystem? what? Those things are made by 4yos in sweat shops
Better battery life? Nope.
Samsung has biometrics.
Social status? LOL
You can turn on the samsung in one click/move too???
Better speaker quality? never tested it.
The s5 won't fit in your pocket? you must wear really small pants sir.

Anyone who knows **** about computers uses an Androd device. iPhones are for socially inept monkeys. :-) i mean that in the nicest possible way.
Old 7/30/14, 06:36 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by typesredline
...higher social status...
Lmao. :rollseyes: Well I knew it wouldn't take long for this to turn into an Apple fangirl thread. Let's go ahead and lock it down.
Old 7/30/14, 06:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by stupidgenius36
Lmao. :rollseyes: Well I knew it wouldn't take long for this to turn into an Apple fangirl thread. Let's go ahead and lock it down.
no no no, I want to see where this goes...

Last edited by Supersnake04; 7/30/14 at 06:45 PM.
Old 7/30/14, 07:00 PM
Cobra Member

lol... The camera is far inferior to the S5. Trust me... The viewing angles? that's debatable. Better apps? you gotta be kidding. how's that apple maps working out for ya? ecosystem? what? Those things are made by 4yos in sweat shops Better battery life? Nope. Samsung has biometrics. Social status? LOL You can turn on the samsung in one click/move too??? Better speaker quality? never tested it. The s5 won't fit in your pocket? you must wear really small pants sir. Anyone who knows **** about computers uses an Androd device. iPhones are for socially inept monkeys. :-) i mean that in the nicest possible way.

No professional camera test has scored the s5 better than the 5s. Do you know what ecosystem means? It means that the apps/iTunes/iPhone/Mac/Apple TV/iCloud integration that is unmatched. Really? You can use one hand to click and unlock the s5? I call bs. We know exactly who makes the iPhones. They aren't 4 yr olds. And that is irrelevant, the iPhone is still significantly better/nicer quality/looking. iPhone App Store STILL has more apps and of higher quality than google play. I love how you didn't address speed and power. Bc you know full well that the 5s SMOKES the s5 in benchmarks and real world testing. And yes battery life also SMOKES the s5.

Also I know just as many IT admin, vp's etc that use iPhone as android. The argument of iPhone is for idiots android is for tech savvy is bs crap.

Last edited by typesredline; 7/30/14 at 07:04 PM.
Old 7/30/14, 07:02 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by stupidgenius36
Hey he asked. I answered. It's a known fact that the iPhone is seen as a higher social class item.
Old 7/30/14, 07:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

I realize I'm no authority figure here, but can we all please keep the tone a little more, shall we say, polite? I'd rather my thread stay open. Just asking.
Old 7/30/14, 08:42 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Supersnake04
I realize I'm no authority figure here, but can we all please keep the tone a little more, shall we say, polite? I'd rather my thread stay open. Just asking.
Ok
Old 7/30/14, 09:45 PM
Cobra Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
Hey he asked. I answered. It's a known fact that the iPhone is seen as a higher social class item.
LMAO. Isn't it supposed to be a telephone?
Old 7/30/14, 10:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
I've had both Apple and Android. I like both. Each of the 2 products are great in different ways.
Apple performs better but breaks when dropped. Android doesn't always break when dropped but won't perform as well, which could be how it works with the carrier.
Android updates will eventually leave your phone useless for online and apps. Probably sooner than Apple.
Both take great pics and vids.
My Apple is more friendly with on line apps.
Old 7/31/14, 04:13 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
This thread has gone stupid. I have a 5S. It's fast. It doesn't lock up or drop apps. I also have a PC at home, a MacBook, a tablet, an iPad, and a DSLR camera for quality pictures. The 5s doesn't give me a lick of issues just like the 4s and the 3GS didn't either. There's nothing that an android phone can give me that I need that an iphone can't. Fanboy no but Apple pisses me off a lot less than my PC or android device does so I will stick with Apple products. PC upgrade next will be Apple also.
Old 7/31/14, 05:55 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
This thread has gone stupid. I have a 5S. It's fast. It doesn't lock up or drop apps. I also have a PC at home, a MacBook, a tablet, an iPad, and a DSLR camera for quality pictures. The 5s doesn't give me a lick of issues just like the 4s and the 3GS didn't either. There's nothing that an android phone can give me that I need that an iphone can't. Fanboy no but Apple pisses me off a lot less than my PC or android device does so I will stick with Apple products. PC upgrade next will be Apple also.
Exactly. I think the iPhone for noobs and android for savvy is hilarious. Just bc the interface is well thought out and works vs an os that is glitchy and jumbled doesn't mean that using it makes you old or dumb. You do indeed need to be much more tech savvy to operate an android successfully, but that's only bc it's a train wreck. The smart choice is actually apple.
Old 7/31/14, 06:39 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Exactly. I think the iPhone for noobs and android for savvy is hilarious. Just bc the interface is well thought out and works vs an os that is glitchy and jumbled doesn't mean that using it makes you old or dumb. You do indeed need to be much more tech savvy to operate an android successfully, but that's only bc it's a train wreck. The smart choice is actually apple.
Well the "tech savvy" always will hate on the Apple. Not sure why since they don't use their phones for anything more than I use mine for. True you "can" do things with android devices that you can't do with Apple but who really does any of those things anyways. There's not much any of the android guys do with their phones on a daily basis that iphone users don't. So where's the hate coming from? Jobs is dead do no use hating him anymore. I would love to hear any advantages there are for an android phone. So far a bigger screen is all I'm seeing.
Old 7/31/14, 07:23 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Well the "tech savvy" always will hate on the Apple. Not sure why since they don't use their phones for anything more than I use mine for. True you "can" do things with android devices that you can't do with Apple but who really does any of those things anyways. There's not much any of the android guys do with their phones on a daily basis that iphone users don't. So where's the hate coming from? Jobs is dead do no use hating him anymore. I would love to hear any advantages there are for an android phone. So far a bigger screen is all I'm seeing.
Which is coming soon to Apple, finally. I can't wait. I wish the teardrop iPhone 5 concept became a reality. My thumbs are so tired of this little 4" screen. I do love my Magpul case though
Old 7/31/14, 07:39 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
Which is coming soon to Apple, finally. I can't wait. I wish the teardrop iPhone 5 concept became a reality. My thumbs are so tired of this little 4" screen. I do love my Magpul case though
Shut the hell up! You have a magpul case too? Lol. I had dark blue to match the stang. They stretch out on the corners after a while so now I have the "clear".
Old 7/31/14, 09:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
this?
Attached Images  
Old 7/31/14, 09:54 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Shut the hell up! You have a magpul case too? Lol. I had dark blue to match the stang. They stretch out on the corners after a while so now I have the "clear".
I know! Mine just started doing that and I'm very disappointed because I love it otherwise!! Mine is gray, which I got to match the furniture I'm getting for my AR build haha. I was thinking about freezing the case for a few days to see if it shrinks up lol
Old 7/31/14, 09:57 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Did they warranty it for you? Or did you just buy a new one...
Old 7/31/14, 09:59 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Supersnake04
this?
This one lol
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: What phone do you use?