Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

What Now?

Search this Thread

Old 5/15/11, 08:18 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What Now?

I have been in serious wreck with firetruck. IT WAS NOT MY FAULT. The firetruck had no sirens on. They t-boned me. My gf was almost killed. Please please please no hate comments. I already have difficulty sleeping. I see her face every 30 minutes. I just wanted to know. What do you guys think I should do now? I have a 98 Malibu to drive . I do miss my mustang BUT my girlfriend is alive. She had life threatening injuries and a blood transfusion.
Old 5/15/11, 08:25 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
What now about what? What to do about your car? Your GF? Insurance? Sleeping?

Hope everything works out for you man.
Old 5/15/11, 08:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

I think he means all of that.
Old 5/15/11, 08:39 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D.
What now about what? What to do about your car? Your GF? Insurance? Sleeping?

Hope everything works out for you man.
Yeah... Just everything except legal stuff. I don't want to debate that. I know what to do with that.
Old 5/15/11, 08:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Josh I think you need counseling bc this is an unimaginable event to have to get through alone.
For your girlfriend I would make the best of everyday and be there for her, bc she suffers too. Counseling will help you the most, even with sleep and the pictures u have haunting your mind. I had one of my friends die from getting killed by a train. I finally got past it. And it's been 3 years.
For your car. I'd sell your old mustang to a junk yard when the time comes to get another mustang, when you can move past this bc you will never forget.
What I can do for you is be here for you to talk to and help you get through this. you are like family. And I am here for you.
Old 5/15/11, 08:44 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Blackout
Josh I think you need counseling bc this is an unimaginable event to have to get through alone.
For your girlfriend I would make the best of everyday and be there for her, bc she suffers too. Counseling will help you the most, even with sleep and the pictures u have haunting your mind. I had one of my friends die from getting killed by a train. I finally got past it. And it's been 3 years.
For your car. I'd sell your old mustang to a junk yard when the time comes to get another mustang, when you can move past this bc you will never forget.
What I can do for you is be here for you to talk to and help you get through this. you are like family. And I am here for you.
Thank you so so much. That means a lot. Your like family too man. I will get someone to talk to along with You, Everett, and Jonathan.
Old 5/15/11, 08:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

You will get through this...
Old 5/15/11, 08:48 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Blackout
You will get through this...
Yep.
Old 5/15/11, 08:55 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Car - Depends - if it's totalled, check NADA and start getting an idea as to what your car is worth. If repairable, get it to a bodyshop w/ a good reputation and let them deal w/ the ins co.

GF - be by her side as much as you can. You will feel better knowing you're doing everything you can for her. She will appreciate it.

Sleeping - here's a trick I learned that took some discipline. Try to mentally compartmentalize. When you're at the hospital, it's time for her. When you're at work, it's time for work. When you're in bed, it's time to sleep. Take a Benedryl to take the edge off, and don't let yourself think about her. Tell yourself that you're doing everything you can, and you need to get rest so you have the energy to be with her tomorrow. Do what you can to control your thoughts. It takes mental toughness. I learned this when I had to deal w/ something similar before.

Best to both of you.
Old 5/15/11, 10:02 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D.
Car - Depends - if it's totalled, check NADA and start getting an idea as to what your car is worth. If repairable, get it to a bodyshop w/ a good reputation and let them deal w/ the ins co.

GF - be by her side as much as you can. You will feel better knowing you're doing everything you can for her. She will appreciate it.

Sleeping - here's a trick I learned that took some discipline. Try to mentally compartmentalize. When you're at the hospital, it's time for her. When you're at work, it's time for work. When you're in bed, it's time to sleep. Take a Benedryl to take the edge off, and don't let yourself think about her. Tell yourself that you're doing everything you can, and you need to get rest so you have the energy to be with her tomorrow. Do what you can to control your thoughts. It takes mental toughness. I learned this when I had to deal w/ something similar before.

Best to both of you.
Thank you so much man. That helps a lot
Old 5/15/11, 10:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Im extremely sorry to hear about this but ive been down this road too. I watched in my review mirror as one of my best friends was nailed by an 18 wheeler. Sent him spinnin into a telephone pole and that hit paralyzed him from thw waist down and he died from blood loss and internal injuries 3 days later. This happned last year and it still haunts me to this day. Im here for you man.
Just try and help your GF in anyway you can. For me praying was the only way i managed to stay sane during that period.
Your mustang can wait, it is after all a machine. Just be by her side as much as you can and this may sound crazy but talk to her too. She may not be responding but talkin about memories and just whatevers on your mind can help! Itll help ease the weight off ur shoulders and her subconcious will here and shell know your still by her side.
God Bless and hope for the best
Im here for ya
Old 5/15/11, 10:41 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Hawaii 5.0
Im extremely sorry to hear about this but ive been down this road too. I watched in my review mirror as one of my best friends was nailed by an 18 wheeler. Sent him spinnin into a telephone pole and that hit paralyzed him from thw waist down and he died from blood loss and internal injuries 3 days later. This happned last year and it still haunts me to this day. Im here for you man.
Just try and help your GF in anyway you can. For me praying was the only way i managed to stay sane during that period.
Your mustang can wait, it is after all a machine. Just be by her side as much as you can and this may sound crazy but talk to her too. She may not be responding but talkin about memories and just whatevers on your mind can help! Itll help ease the weight off ur shoulders and her subconcious will here and shell know your still by her side.
God Bless and hope for the best
Im here for ya
Actually amazingly she is talking fine. She is walking better than me. She just got her forehead severely cut to where I could see her skull and her hand was broken. I can show pics of car yet for legal reasons but trust me. If u see my car u would think nobody survived. It means a lot that you support me. Thank you very much. There are a lot more decent people here than online. I have gotten many many nasty comments. My gf and her family doesn't blame me and in fact are extremely supportive of me and that's all that matters. Praying helps me too. Not to offend anyone.
Old 5/15/11, 10:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Great news! And lemme guess the fire truck barely had a scratch right?
Cuz with my best bro his car (new edge) was almost split in half. 18 wheeler and a slightly bent front bumper and the chrome needed a repolish...
Old 5/16/11, 06:53 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 124 Likes on 100 Posts
Hope everyone gets well. Get a copy of the accident report, show it to the best Lawyer in your area. They will do everything for you. It took me three years to get my settlement from my wreck (rearended while stopped at a red light). I got enough to pay cash for my 2011 V-6 Mustang and my next one too . Hang in there.............