Notices
Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

What Happened to the Site?

Old 6/22/18, 03:06 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What Happened to the Site?

I'm guessing there may have been discussion on this before, but I dropped in to check the site out last night after a fair amount of time away (alright, more than a fair amount) and this place was so dead that, were it an actual brick and mortar establishment, you could set off a bomb and not kill anybody. I thought it might be the time of day, so I checked back in this afternoon and, same thing. It looks like new members are joining at a pretty good pace, and there looks to be a ton of guests lurking, but discussion is meager to put it mildly compared to what I remember. What happened, just attrition?
Old 6/23/18, 09:18 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 96 Likes on 92 Posts
Originally Posted by jsaylor View Post
I'm guessing there may have been discussion on this before, but I dropped in to check the site out last night after a fair amount of time away (alright, more than a fair amount) and this place was so dead that, were it an actual brick and mortar establishment, you could set off a bomb and not kill anybody. I thought it might be the time of day, so I checked back in this afternoon and, same thing. It looks like new members are joining at a pretty good pace, and there looks to be a ton of guests lurking, but discussion is meager to put it mildly compared to what I remember. What happened, just attrition?
Yeah, it has died a horrible death. Just a few years ago I could post something and get a response in minutes (at least a smart assed comment that was funny, even if it wasn't helpful, lol) but now, nothing for days.

I figure that it can mostly be blamed on facebook. That satanic hole of worthlessness has sucked in so many people that they automatically go there for info and other ****.

Sad really, because I had made a lot of good friends on here that I really enjoyed bantering with and had a lot of fun BSing with. I miss a lot of them.
The following 2 users liked this post by Rather B.Blown:
jsaylor (6/23/18), Stage_3 (6/24/18)
Old 6/23/18, 10:52 AM
I tweaked the button...
...and got lucky!

Received 135 Likes on 120 Posts
I'm just not here 24-7, but I do check in about every day for somethin'.

Busy busy busy...
The following users liked this post:
jsaylor (6/23/18)
Old 6/24/18, 03:42 AM
Cobra Member

Received 298 Likes on 271 Posts
People are trolls & losers & only want to argue with others, so we're better off without them, TBH.
Old 6/24/18, 04:20 AM
FR500 Member

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
In 2009 when I first joined this Forum they would be 40-60 people online at 5-6 am when I would log on . Now it's just me or 2-3 other Members . It's like that on the other 10 Mustang Forums I'm a Member of. The F150 Forum I'm a Member of is very active .
Old 6/24/18, 02:18 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts
I'm sure it's a lot of things, people going to FB groups, going to other cars, other forums. People don't put the same amount of effort into posts that they used to. I see posts with a lot of views, but almost nobody replies. You reply to people, even the ones that aren't one-post-wonders, and you don't even get a thanks back when you answered their question. We used to have posts like Taco Bill's write ups way back in the day that were bolt-by-bolt walkthroughs. I just don't see that same detail anymore. Lotta reasons for it, some that people are too busy, some "been-there, done that" mentality, some "go search". The same thing happened to a bike forum I'm on. I see at most 10 posts a day there now from the same 25 guys when there used to be a couple hundred over there. Nobody does a big writeup anymore because so much of it's covered already.
Stage_3 (6/24/18)
Old 6/24/18, 05:43 PM
Mustang Fanatic

Received 406 Likes on 369 Posts
Originally Posted by Cavero View Post
I'm sure it's a lot of things, people going to FB groups, going to other cars, other forums. People don't put the same amount of effort into posts that they used to. I see posts with a lot of views, but almost nobody replies. You reply to people, even the ones that aren't one-post-wonders, and you don't even get a thanks back when you answered their question. We used to have posts like Taco Bill's write ups way back in the day that were bolt-by-bolt walkthroughs. I just don't see that same detail anymore. Lotta reasons for it, some that people are too busy, some "been-there, done that" mentality, some "go search". The same thing happened to a bike forum I'm on. I see at most 10 posts a day there now from the same 25 guys when there used to be a couple hundred over there. Nobody does a big writeup anymore because so much of it's covered already.
A lot of it is on Youtube nowadays as well. A lot of people go to Youtube to find out how to do different things.
Cavero (6/26/18)
Old 6/24/18, 06:56 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 289 Likes on 260 Posts
In the 5-6 years I've been on here, traffic has gone down a lot. Especially after the gen 6 came out.
Old 6/24/18, 07:01 PM
Mustang Fanatic

Received 396 Likes on 359 Posts
Originally Posted by SpectreH
In the 5-6 years I've been on here, traffic has gone down a lot. Especially after the gen 6 came out.
Well now we know who caused it...
Old 6/24/18, 07:25 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak View Post
Well now we know who caused it...
Hahahahahaha. Sorry...I didn't mean to do it.
Old 6/25/18, 08:57 AM
Cobra Member

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
About a year after I joined it seemed to start to slow down. You could post something and even the Ford people would chime in on the same day. Now they are nowhere to be found. Not even the sales people from the Mustang stores nothing. I don't get it. The Challenger site is full of people like always. What happened???
Stage_3 (6/25/18)
Old 6/25/18, 01:32 PM
Play Date Madam
TMS Staff

Received 162 Likes on 137 Posts
Originally Posted by Gravydog316
People are trolls & losers & only want to argue with others, so we're better off without them, TBH.
Old 6/25/18, 03:23 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 153 Likes on 138 Posts
Life gets in the way. Still checking in frequently, but not spending as many hours here. Still try to put in my 2 cents if I think it will be useful.

Do think that Ford no longer cares about our S197s and the older models, they really want you to buy a new S550.

Last edited by shaneyusa; 6/25/18 at 08:58 PM.
Old 6/25/18, 04:26 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 96 Likes on 92 Posts
Originally Posted by shaneyusa View Post

Do think that Ford no longer cares about our S197s and the older older models, they really want you to buy a new S550.
I tell them to want in one hand and $hit in the other, see which one fills up first.
Stage_3 (6/25/18)
Old 6/25/18, 08:45 PM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
I've been wondering the same thing for months. It used to be super active here. But Ford service is gone. Venders are gone.

If I were to blame something it would be the GT app. It's not very good.
Old 6/25/18, 09:00 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 153 Likes on 138 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown View Post
I tell them to want in one hand and $hit in the other, see which one fills up first.
Yea, but they are pushing every way they can. Still like my body style better than the new... I just want the additional HP and the interior and handling refinements. Will keep mine for the foreseeable future.
Old 6/25/18, 10:02 PM
Play Date Madam
TMS Staff

Received 162 Likes on 137 Posts
Originally Posted by typesredline
I've been wondering the same thing for months. It used to be super active here. But Ford service is gone. Venders are gone.

If I were to blame something it would be the GT app. It's not very good.
The app is part of it. It drives users away just as much as it drives vendors and service away - they have to use it too.
Old 6/26/18, 06:43 AM
Cobra Member

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Do you all really think that most people use this site with a mobile device?
Old 6/26/18, 07:55 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

If I use a mobile device, I just use the browser. The app sucks so I don't even bother with it. I think I even deleted it.
Old 6/26/18, 08:45 AM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38 View Post

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What Happened to the Site?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.