Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

What do you think of "concierge medicine?"

Search this Thread

Old 8/3/08, 08:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What do you think of "concierge medicine?"

I recently came across a physician considering concierge medicine (explained in these articles http://www.physiciansnews.com/busine...alogredis.html and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concierge_medicine) but it basically consists of a doctor providing special and more personal services for a much smaller patient list in exchange for an annual fee ranging from $1,000 to $20,000 (ouch) per year in addition to regular insurance. This doctor would be downsizing from a few thousand patients to a few hundred to enable a more personal experience. What do you think of this service? Good idea? If you were this doctor's patient, would you be willing to pay an annual fee of a couple thousand dollars (more likely closer to 1k than 20k) to have full access to your doctor round the clock in addition to other convenient services?

Last edited by jmanpatsfan; 8/3/08 at 10:22 PM.
Old 8/3/08, 08:47 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
If I had the money to spare for what I would hope would be faster, quicker service I would. I would consider this to be a luxury. And besides all he's going to do is take on more and more patients until you are right back where you started. Waiting in the main waiting room, then in the smaller waiting room, then in the exam room. I think there's a Seinfeld joke in there somewhere, or was it Carlin?

Anyway if it meant I didn't have to blow an entire afternoon to go to a doctor, then YES. If I thought it would actually ever really change things YES. But put me down as doubtful.
Old 8/3/08, 08:56 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Don't a lot of Doctors do this kinda thing already ? I'd think Hospitals keep them in check because if the goof their toast or the hosptal would or is on the hook for mal practice, I suppose even if they branch out alone they still have to keep it all to date credentials and all but I'd think that some on thier own may get lazy and maybe skip a beat or two ? I'd like almost to tell my Gov't stop taking my tax dollar as I want to use it for my own private physician and not for you to squander, only if ait could be done or a trust worthy enough private doctoe
r was that good.
Sorry I retyped but this is kinda what I meant. wireless key board sucks Very old pc. now I'll have that beer (kidding) I'm on call no wobblies tonight !

Last edited by GottaHaveIt; 8/3/08 at 09:46 PM.
Old 8/3/08, 09:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
Don't alot f ocodoaowdu some bbig isi like a Hospital say would be on the hook for his/her screw up big insurance and all and they must have to abide by licencing requirements and all , now if they solo will some of that be missed ? It shouldn't bto keep a Doctor statuoy lout ipoulty o't rtai y ollr wi it ftcr hiy ik Iwoul
Ummmm............what..........?
Old 8/3/08, 09:08 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Ed are you typing on a blackberry because your computer locked you out....

Or are you hitting the sauce a little too hard again?
Old 8/3/08, 09:35 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
no sauce piec of garbage pc