Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Western States National Parks Tour

Search this Thread

Old 2/14/14, 07:59 PM
Cobra Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
Western States National Parks Tour

Planning is complete for our 2014 Western States National Parks Tour. Reservations have not been made, but we have identified places to stay. We would welcome any Mustang owners who would like to tag along for any part of the tour. PM me if you would like more details, but here is a summary. An image of the route map follows.

Thursday, May 29th - Leave home in Western Washington and drive over Chinook Pass to Walla Walla, WA.
Friday, May 30th - Drive from Walla Walla to Boise, ID and stay near the Basque quarter.
Saturday, May 31st - Leave Boise early and drive to the Golden Spike National Historic Site to see a re-enactment of the driving of the Golden Spike, then continue on to Salt Lake City.
Sunday, June 1st - Drive south (avoiding Interstates and see Capitol Reef National Park on the way to Boulder, UT where we will visit the Anasazi State Park Museum.
Monday, June 2nd - Drive to Bryce Canyon National Park and spend several hours there, then continue to Springdale, UT near Zion National Park.
Tuesday, June 3rd - Visit Zion.
Wednesday, June 4th - Drive down into Arizona and then up through Monument Valley on the way to Moab, UT.
Thursday, June 5th - Visit Canyon Lands and Arches National Parks.
Friday, June 6th - Take a float trip on the Colorado River.
Saturday, June 7th - Drive up to Rock Springs, WY.
Sunday, June 8th - Drive up through Grand Teton National Park, through Yellowstone National Park to lodgings outside the east entrance.
Monday, June 9th - Spend the day touring Yellowstone.
Tuesday, June 10th - Drive to Cody, WY and visit museums there, then on to Big Timber, MT by way of a road that should be a hoot.
Wednesday, June 11th - Take I-90 to Coeur d'Alene, ID.
Thursday, June 12th - Continue on I-90 to home.