Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Were you a spoiled little brat?

Search this Thread

Old 6/30/05, 10:02 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ugh. My hubby has a sister. Total beyotch.

My Mom has 3 sisters....All kind of Stormy. My Granny likes the oldest and youngest. My mom and favorite aunt are the middles and needless...UGH.

My Dad has a brother. My Rich Granny Can't give her baby enough money...

My greatuncle has two kids.....His baby gets a new car every year and shes 3 years older than me...

I have None, and Whoooo hoo. No Sibling Rivalry.

My two love each other dearly, but they will try to kill each other at a moment's notice. What I learned from being an only child and lots of observation is to treat them equally, and not favor them.
Old 6/30/05, 10:13 AM
GTR Member

I have to work for and pay for everything. I bought my PS2 myself, i bought almost every matchbox car and diecast i own by myself. I think the fact that i work for everything allows me to be a better person and lets me appreciate things more.
Old 6/30/05, 10:14 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Fordracing200@June 30, 2005, 12:16 PM
I have to work for and pay for everything. I bought my PS2 myself, i bought almost every matchbox car and diecast i opwn by myself. I think the fact that i work fore everything makes me a better person and lets me appreciate things more.
Doug -
Old 6/30/05, 10:36 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 342 Likes on 215 Posts
Originally posted by Fordracing200@June 30, 2005, 12:16 PM
I have to work for and pay for everything. I bought my PS2 myself, i bought almost every matchbox car and diecast i own by myself. I think the fact that i work for everything allows me to be a better person and lets me appreciate things more.
Any shoplifters around here?

Old 6/30/05, 11:55 AM
GT Member

I was an only child, and I wished I had older brothers or sisters to learn mistakes from, such as:
What classes to take in High School, and if you've had a 0 period your Sophomore and Junior years, you only need to take 4 periods your Senior year, and not go to all 6 like a schlub, and wonder why all the other Seniors are out of classes.
When going to take the ACT test, make sure you know what it is, and how it will affect your college entrance. And take it more than once, and throw the SAT in there while you're at it.
When in college, don't take an "F" in a class because you didn't know about incompletes when you were laid up in the hospital for 2 months, and your professors couldn't give a rats **** that you were in the hospital.
Don't go renting an apartment because of 'the view' when you first are out on your own. 'The View' is an extra $120 a month dumbhiney. Make sure you're making that kind of money to throw away.
The list goes on and on and on.
Don't even get me started on dating..........

Now, this isn't a knock on my parents at all, but it's hard when you don't have anyone to look and learn from when your parents had you at 35 yrs old, your mom is Japanese and speaks broken English, and your dad was in the Military and his 'old school' values are just a tad different from today's standards.

But to answer the original question, YES I AM, and at 33 I hope it lasts forever!!
Old 6/30/05, 09:02 PM
GTR Member

Originally posted by 1 BULLITT@June 30, 2005, 11:39 AM
Any shoplifters around here?

Nope, not yet. But when i see your mystic in your driveway, be prepared to be missing some things such as the motor, tranny, rear end, rims, seats, hood, trunk, bumpers, etc.
Old 7/1/05, 10:23 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I remember my mom would sometimes trick me by saying she bought a toy I wanted, and say its in the shopping bags, but it wasn't there when we got home.
lol
Old 7/2/05, 05:41 PM
GTR Member

ha ha, thats a good idea for kids that tease
Old 7/2/05, 06:16 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

YES, yes I was. Also the baby. My siblings hated it. All is good now, I spoil myself.
Old 7/2/05, 11:45 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by ManEHawke@July 1, 2005, 10:26 PM
I remember my mom would sometimes trick me by saying she bought a toy I wanted, and say its in the shopping bags, but it wasn't there when we got home.
lol
man, im glad my parents never thought of that lol

oh did anyone else have to be put on a leash when they went to the mall when they were lil? lol, my parents bought a child leash for me. but as long as I wore it, it looked sexy :dance:
i dont blame them tho lol

ill try to find it, its on the garage, but thats about as easy to navigate as....welll.... its just not easy lol
Old 7/3/05, 12:37 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

No leesh here, but I did get lost alot. It's scary getting lost in a big mall when you''re a little kid. I kinda liked the rush though lol.
Old 7/3/05, 08:08 AM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
it IS scary getting lost when u were litlte. what i did was find my way to the toy stores and decide to live there forever lol.
Old 7/3/05, 02:56 PM
GTR Member

ha ha ha, i got lost once i ended up in a book store, I was so confused, i was like "why is Doctor Suess Here? WHERES MY MOMMY????"
Old 7/4/05, 01:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

No leash here. I always knew when my mom yelled "KERA FAITH!!!!!!" that I had better show myself & I had better show up quick. But seriously I nEVER got lost. Not once. Which is pretty surprising knowing me like I do.

I actually have 4 older brothers, 1 older sister, & 1 younger sister. BUT~ I have never met my sisters or 3 brothers(they're my dad's other kids). The only brother that lived with us is 10 years older than me. And he always says that he had it made growing up until I came along & messed everything up.

Besides my brother got everything he wanted. My grandpa didn't know what "no" ment. Thenb I was born & he wanted me spanked for everything. But my mom refused saying that she wasn't going to spank me for something I was let get by with everyday.

My mom bought me a 4 wheeler a week before I turned 4. My grnadpa bought me a car when I was in the 4th grade. I ALWAYS got a toy when we went to town. I ALWAYS ate a McDonalds happy meal "Chicken macnuggets w/ Dr Peppers & ~this is important now~ 2 NOT 1 but 2 BBQ sauces). My brother & I had our own TV & VCR even though we had to share we did have our own. I almost always got to rent a movie every weekend. I was NEVER made to took naps (because I didn't & still don't like naps).

So in thoses terms yes I was spoiled. Although I think that my mother was trying to make up for my not having a father that gave a darn(haven't seen or heard from the S O B since I was 3). So, I believe that is why I was spoiled. Although I have been told that I wasn't a brat.

My friend's grandmother said I always came to church with a little purse & would always dump it out & give my candy & gum away to the others in class. Although I don't remember ever doing that. I guess it's possible. But if so then I have changed a lot since then.

So, I guess you could say I was spoiled but not a brat.
Old 7/4/05, 09:08 AM
GTR Member

ummm, ok

I have 3 sisters, but no brothers
Old 7/4/05, 09:59 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

When you get called by your middle name......You know you have had it!
If I don't answer to April, my borrrrrrrrrring middle name always gets my attention.

My Grandmother protested my name and has never called me April.

Oh- And It took me 2 years of whining to get my room painted purple.
Old 7/4/05, 06:03 PM
GTR Member

ha ha, my room is all re-done to a nature scheme. Light wood paneling, light moldings, a fuzzy carpet, a few FFW and 03 cobra posters, and a few shelves full of FORD diecast cars
Old 7/6/05, 01:36 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by kerafaith@June 30, 2005, 1:04 AM
:yes:

Of course I was spoiled, still am even at 23. But then again I am the baby . What do you expect. :scratch:

That's sad. Don't you have a job?!

I'm the same age, and am completely on my own now. Being an only child, I guess I was slightly spoiled, but not really - I would'nt call it spoiled. Well fed and cared for, yes - but not spoiled. My parents paid for all car expenses until now (crappy cars though), part of my college (I did the rest with scholarships and my own money) and paid for food and other necessary expenses. I had some toys, but never anything really big like a TV, video game system, or electric/motorized car. I was happy with Lego sets (I paid for the larger ones myself) and bikes.

I never took it for granted or took advantage of it, though. My parents gave me a good set or morals, so I'd feel awful taking something from them that I shouldn't have. They knew this and trusted me completely with anything. I worked hard in school and didn't do any really stupid things, so I guess they didn't feel bad helping me out. If I'd suddenly failed out of school or taken up pot, I'm sure I could have kissed the car goodbye.

When I buy a new car - soon, I hope - my dad gets my current one back. It needs a tuneup soon and he said something about paying for it, but I insisted on footing the bill...after all, I'm driving it!

I sometimes wish I'd had siblings, just for learning and having someone to play with, but it's ok. At least I'm able to spend time alone and keep myself busy without going insane.
Old 7/6/05, 01:56 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Something about being an only child. Even now I treasure my alone time. I live for it...Love it.

And I am fully able to find creative ways to amuse myself without waiting on someone to do it for me.
Old 7/6/05, 02:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@July 4, 2005, 10:02 AM
When you get called by your middle name......You know you have had it!
If I don't answer to April, my borrrrrrrrrring middle name always gets my attention.

My Grandmother protested my name and has never called me April.

Oh- And It took me 2 years of whining to get my room painted purple.

And that borrrrrrrrrrring middle name would be?????

C'mon April, you didnt think we would let that slip by, did you?? :P

Quick Reply: Were you a spoiled little brat?