Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Well Its Happening.....

Search this Thread

Old 9/15/04, 03:25 PM
Queen Of Nascar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back in May and early June, I called several Ford Dealerships before I found one that would preorder my car. Today I got a call from one saying OK, he was ready to order me a car now. He was floored when I told him I had ordered already, ordered way back in early June, and that I had a Vin # and my car had already been built. He practically called me a liar and said there was NO WAY. He said they were not even going to begin building the car until Sept. 27. He called his GM into his office and repeated what I told him. That person also said I was full of "manure". Anyway, long story short, I emailed him a link to this site. Just goes to show you-there are still dealers out there who don't know much or have'nt took the time to really find out whats really going on, but then again this IS South Carolina
Old 9/15/04, 03:57 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Don't you love getting worked over then getting to prove them wrong? Letting them get theirs so to speak.
Old 9/15/04, 04:00 PM
The Man... keeping you down.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
May not be a good business practice, but I'd post the Dealers name so others won't come into bad misfortune with them.

Remember, this is the internet. Its all just opinions
Old 9/15/04, 04:20 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Donna, call them back and tell them you'd like an apology or you're going to report them to the BBB.
Old 9/15/04, 08:28 PM
I'm people, and I like.

you tell'em Donna

stupid dealerships that know nothin'
Old 9/15/04, 10:38 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

We need a do not do business with list. B)
Old 9/16/04, 04:37 AM
Queen Of Nascar

I really felt like "kicking him in the ding ding" as kevinB120 would say.
When I get my car I am going to drive thru there lot and Dealership was D&D Ford in Greer SC.
Old 9/16/04, 08:45 AM
I'm people, and I like.

Originally posted by Donna@September 16, 2004, 3:40 AM
I really felt like "kicking him in the ding ding"
OUCH! :shock:

Old 9/16/04, 09:27 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by MachMe@September 15, 2004, 6:23 PM
Donna, call them back and tell them you'd like an apology or you're going to report them to the BBB.
Yuppers... I would do this too.

It's a shame that the sales people aren't as informed any more. Not saying ALL... but there are A LOT that just don't keep themselves trained.

Especially in this day and age with the internet. Do they know just how easy it is too look this stuff up and get yourselve educated on it before you walk throught their doors.

And I bet they especially liked getting owned by a female too There's a few dealerships around here that are still stuck in the dark ages with that stuff.

Go get 'em Donna!!!
Old 9/16/04, 09:37 AM
Team Mustang Source

And I bet they especially liked getting owned by a female too There's a few dealerships around here that are still stuck in the dark ages with that stuff.

Go get 'em Donna!!!
Isn't that the truth. The dealership that i work for is owned by a female, she also happens to be the biggest Subaru dealer in the US, we are very aware of the lack of credibility given to females in this business. It has been a struggle for her coming up in the business and we try to be very conscious of this in dealing with our female customers.

By the way, I don't think the BBB has much effect. Has anyone actually ever called them prior to purchase to see who's on their list?

Paul
Old 9/16/04, 09:47 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by Karpro@September 16, 2004, 9:40 AM
By the way, I don't think the BBB has much effect. Has anyone actually ever called them prior to purchase to see who's on their list?

Actually I have used their website when looking for somethings. Like a contractor to put a garage on my house. But not for a car dealer.