Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Vape Nation |OT| Let's quit cigarettes together

Search this Thread

Old 5/29/20, 08:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vape Nation |OT| Let's quit cigarettes together

I am incredibly grateful that vaping has become much more common, as more and more people are exposed to much better alternatives than Smoking.

Let's click a few basic frequently asked questions right outside the gate:

Is vaping safer than Smoking cigarettes
With the research we have now, Yes, it is generally accepted that vaping is significantly safer than cigarettes.

What about that light popcorn I heard about
A substance that is associated with the myth of light popcorn - diacetyl. This can be found in some flavorings. Although diacetyl inhalation is absolutely associated with respiratory diseases, it should be noted that the amount of diacetyl contained in cigarettes is significantly higher. For example, more than 500 times higher. If you are worried about vaping because of light popcorn, but you smoke...you should know that you are significantly safer hovering when it comes to inhaling diacetyl.

You can also find vaping liquids that are absolutely free of diacetyl, if you want to be even safer in this matter.

This is just a myth. A brief description of this situation can be found here.

Is vaping generally safe
You inhale nicotine into your lungs along with a couple of other substances (traditionally a flavoring agent and some combination of vegetable glycerin and/or propylene glycol). Although these ingredients have been recognized by the FDA as safe to eat in other products, you inhale them, not swallow them. Never consider vaping a safe activity. Think of it as a safer activity than Smoking (as far as we know at the moment and currently).

Vaping makes you look like a jerk, or the products are huge and bulky, and the community is full of ****ing weirdos
Of course, there is a stigma associated with vaping, but this is much less true today than even a year ago.

You should know that there are a huge variety of products that allow you to VAPE, and they all come in different sizes. You don't need to carry around this huge VAPE tank. You don't need to buy liquids in dropper bottles, buy coils, or research how ohms, watts, and amps affect the output of devices.

With the fairly recent popularity of pod systems, you can have extremely portable and easy-to-use Vape products that fit in the small 5th pocket of your jeans and buy more pre-filled liquid capsules at your local gas station or convenience store. And save a lot of money.

You can buy products that look like USB memory cards and fit easily in your pocket and don't leak (Juul, Rubi, Bo, Phix, Infinix)
You can buy products that have different shapes and fit easily in your pocket and don't leak (air, drop, icon, stealth, breeze)

...there is no shortage of options that all come with different pros and cons.

People who smoke cigarettes condemn people who smoke? Of course, this will happen in some circles. But switching to vaping is a matter of your health.

__________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

So it's over.

Feel free to talk about your vaping experience, ask questions about vaping or vaping products, post VAPE memes...whatever you like best.
Old 5/29/20, 09:16 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 779 Likes on 568 Posts
did you type all that?
Old 5/29/20, 12:14 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 152 Likes on 115 Posts
Originally Posted by Glenn
did you type all that?
i doubt it ..it was more than i could read in one sitting .
The following users liked this post:
Glenn (6/1/20)
Old 5/29/20, 03:41 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,191 Likes on 1,634 Posts
Originally Posted by HOSS429
i doubt it ..it was more than i could read in one sitting .

IMHO and not to sound high and mighty here but if you have to talk yourself into it being safe then you are sadly kidding yourself. There is absolutely NO WAY this could ever be considered safe and or healthy. The lungs need oxygen and that's it anything extra is bad for us all. I live in an area that has manure spread on all of our fields. We breath in several POUNDS a year can't think that that is doing me any good. Why would I ever want to add to that list by breathing in something extra.
Old 5/30/20, 12:30 PM
Cobra Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
You obviously know that smoking tobacco is bad for you. So just convince yourself that it is a terrible waste of money and you don't want to do it anymore and walk away from tobacco. And don't turn to some alternative that may not be quite as bad for you.
Old 6/1/20, 07:11 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 779 Likes on 568 Posts
maybe if they put THC in those vape things that would be OK

Old 6/1/20, 05:38 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,191 Likes on 1,634 Posts
Originally Posted by Glenn
maybe if they put THC in those vape things that would be OK
Old 12/20/23, 06:24 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You've covered some common questions well. Vaping does appear to be a safer option compared to smoking, especially regarding diacetyl exposure. It's crucial for folks to understand that while vaping may be safer, it's not entirely risk-free. As for the stigma and the variety of vaping products, you're spot on. The vaping community has evolved, and there are discreet and user-friendly options available. Plus, the flexibility in product choices ensures there's something for everyone. And if you're exploring ways to relax, you can SPAM PILLS. It can be a calming choice.

Last edited by 05stangkc; 12/26/23 at 07:31 AM.
Old 12/20/23, 06:32 AM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,588 Likes on 1,915 Posts
I Believe Vaping Has Been Proven Worse Than Cigarettes!

KC

Waiting for The A*I Reply.

Last edited by 05stangkc; 12/20/23 at 06:39 AM.
Old 12/20/23, 02:41 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 551 Likes on 357 Posts
I actually used Vaping to quit cigarettes 8.5 years ago then weaned myself off of the nicotine with the vape and quit vaping right after I had my back surgery 8 years ago
The following users liked this post:
05stangkc (12/20/23)