Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Travel Agents?

Search this Thread

Old 12/2/14, 07:55 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Question Travel Agents?

Is anyone a travel agent, or does anyone at least have "the hook-up" on a trip to Orlando?

My wife and I really want to take our 2 boys (ages 3 and 4) to Disney World the week of March 9th-13th, but we've never planned a vacation like this before... and our preliminary searches are looking CRAZY expensive. We've been looking at every option: Flying vs. driving, how many park days, how many nights, where to stay, trying to find places to trim costs and its all pretty overwhelming.

Any help from anyone with experience would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 12/2/14, 05:34 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
I'll tell you this, Disney really is expensive. The entry fees are pretty bad and the stuff in the park is even worse. We were there in 2006 on a senior trip; breakfast at one of the Disney hotels was like $8 for a bowl of cereal and a carton of milk.

I think Al goes with his family from time to time, might be worth chatting with him.
Old 12/2/14, 06:09 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
I've been twice.

First time we stayed at a Disney resort. Think it was the yacht club and at all Disney food and it was expensive of course. We saved up for it and wanted to do it right the first time.

Second time we stayed at the Swan I think it was. This time I needed two rooms. Wife actually got a good discount for being a teacher. The Swan and Dolphin are Westin hotels I think but they are on property and we would ride the boat to Epcot and MGM and shuttle to MK. We also made an effort to eat off site. There's so much good food in the area and the best is off site. Both times I never cared for the Disney food or the expense. We just worked around the food. I really liked our second trip. Had all the food and fun with a decent price. The park tickets however are terribly priced. No way around it. Just takes planning. We spent more time at Epcot and MGM yeah anywhere because it was so convenient for us. Heck we could walk to Epcot and did and one night we walked back from MGM even because bits were so loaded.
Old 12/3/14, 06:31 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 773 Likes on 565 Posts
we have been there twice also. It has been a while but we went all inclusive the last time. Food, fast passes and what ever else comes with that. We ate alot and mostly what ever we wanted unlimited. Fast passes were very nice = little to no wait for rides. We did one park a day. We saw people with younger kids that wanted to trade them to us for our older more manageable kids. LOL Lot of rides younger kids cannot go on. I am glad we waited until our kids were a little older.