Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Totaled GSXR1000.....sad day

Search this Thread

Old 6/3/12, 07:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Totaled GSXR1000.....sad day

Well, the bike is no more

From this(Notice the orange writing just behind the mirror, it'll make sense in the last picture...)
Name:  d1215a55.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  219.1 KB

And yesterday...
Name:  65fdbd1d.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  203.6 KB
Name:  40261be0.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  627.4 KB
All the snot/spit/blood on the inside of the visor...
Name:  70485d42.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  576.4 KB
Name:  09b4a3c7.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  502.3 KB
Name:  40377d8b.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  308.3 KB

Going 35 on a back road and I saw a car stopped on the shoulder, slowed and moved to the solid yellow, as I moved to the center and got >20 yards away and he decided he wasn't going to look and just turn out. I locked it up, back got squirrely and met the van's door. Hurt my shoulder, head, left foot/ankle, some road rash and alot of pain...

Last edited by slostang; 6/3/12 at 09:56 PM.
Old 6/3/12, 07:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guessing your okay and that's good, sorry about the bike. I remember the day I laid mine down, OUCH! Hurt for a good week straight
Old 6/3/12, 07:54 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
ouch! Is it fully totalled, or just the panels and rear section broken?
Old 6/3/12, 07:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Zackery C
Guessing your okay and that's good, sorry about the bike. I remember the day I laid mine down, OUCH! Hurt for a good week straight
Alive, I updated my first post as too what happened. I wasn't at fault, just another MINI VAN dad killer....
Old 6/3/12, 07:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by StangMahn
ouch! Is it fully totalled, or just the panels and rear section broken?
I'll know more tomorrow when I get there, a friend said the frame is straight, I will need a front/rear clip, front end, pedals, pegs a repainted frame just from what I can see. The motor is a FAR from stock 1000 so I would like to see it come back, but....
Old 6/3/12, 08:01 PM
GT Member

Sorry to hear about this. Hope your ok. It's really sad how much people do not pay attention at all on the road. Especially to motorcycles. Best of luck with the bike getting fixed. Keep us posted
Old 6/3/12, 08:35 PM
NTTAWWT

if its fixable, you could make it totally badazz! Id have to come up with a racebike-esque looking paint scheme
Old 6/3/12, 08:36 PM
NTTAWWT

btw, road rash is a *****. wearing just jeans?
Old 6/3/12, 08:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

if its fixable, you could make it totally badazz! Id have to come up with a racebike-esque looking paint scheme
I LOVE the white 600 plastics

http://www.madhornets.com/fairing-bo...ing-2006-2007/

And just a clean rear, no size on it.
Old 6/3/12, 08:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

btw, road rash is a *****. wearing just jeans?
I was in what you see me in, in the first picture.
Old 6/3/12, 08:52 PM
NTTAWWT

outside of a pair of boots, that's what I would wear as well, maybe some more riding oriented jeans. luckily at 30 mph the rash probably wasnt as bad as it could have been.
Old 6/3/12, 08:53 PM
NTTAWWT

those plastics are sweet, Id go with something somewhat subtle but super sweet looking for paint
Old 6/3/12, 09:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

outside of a pair of boots, that's what I would wear as well, maybe some more riding oriented jeans. luckily at 30 mph the rash probably wasnt as bad as it could have been.
I like the feel shifting with sneakers, I have a odd feel in boots so I can wear them. And if I wouldn't of hit the van I am sure the rash would of been worse, but I lost alot of speed when I hit the van I assume. I was unconscious for about 15-20 minutes. I had a severe concussion and a mild MILD brain bleed.

those plastics are sweet, Id go with something somewhat subtle but super sweet looking for paint
Thats what I like, I just want a "freshened" look.
Old 6/3/12, 10:04 PM
NTTAWWT

dang kid! Glad you're alright! that sounds like a hell of a hit!
Old 6/4/12, 08:07 AM
Cobra R Member

Gald you are okay. bike can be replaced. I have been down before myself, no fun for sure. I wear riding pants/jacket and sidi boots, I got into wearing gear from dirt bike days. I have had more close calls the last year or so then ever, drivers are more distracted today.
Old 6/4/12, 09:40 AM
NTTAWWT

it's the truth, that's the thing that scares me away from riding for the most part. The levels of distraction and outright stupidity make it awful hard to avoid having some cager ahole nearly kill you. The worst part is, that its not just towards bikes, they do it to me in my stang, and even to my dad when he's at work driving semi's, I really dont get it.
Old 6/4/12, 10:28 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Glad you're ok. This is the reason I won't ride a bike on the street.
Old 6/4/12, 09:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

dang kid! Glad you're alright! that sounds like a hell of a hit!
I'd assume a wild ride, I don't remember much other then what the witness statement reads, and I'm ok with that lol
Originally Posted by skunk21
Gald you are okay. bike can be replaced. I have been down before myself, no fun for sure. I wear riding pants/jacket and sidi boots, I got into wearing gear from dirt bike days. I have had more close calls the last year or so then ever, drivers are more distracted today.
I'm just not a big "gear" guy, I know I'm wrong but it's not me. I will wear all but pants and boots. My jeans and supras are my gear lol
Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Glad you're ok. This is the reason I won't ride a bike on the street.
I don't blame you, people could care less, or changing the radio or talking on a phone.....
Old 6/5/12, 02:19 AM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I remember being hit. Lady changed into my lane without looking and clipped my front end. Bike went sideways and slammed into the ground shooting me into the back of her car. Rolled off the trunk and slid on the road for a good distance. Luckily i was wearing pads and gloves so all i had was some scratches and a messed up ankle and shoulder on the right side. She got a ticket and i got the bike fixed so everything is ok. Glad to see you werent seriously hurt and good luck on gettin that beauty back on the road!
Old 6/5/12, 03:35 AM
Cobra Member

Your story is very similar to mine! I had a 2004 black/yellow GSXR750 i bought brand new and slammed into a crown vics left side passenger door!!! Was on a two lane hwy when the guy decides to make an illegal u turn with no turning signal, i really didnt have much time to hit the brakes, hit the car door, did a front flip and landed on the roof and slid down the other side of the car and believe it or not i landed on my feet!!! It was a wild ride!! Come to find out the man driving the car was me tally handicap!!! And as far as the jerks not paying attention or the road rage guys???? I figured out real quick what to do with them!!! I was on the interstate one time and a guy swirves at me and almost puts me in the median, all i did was lay on the horn at him, i go to pass him and he flips me off! Im like really dude? So the next time that happened to me again i would ride with a handful of marbles in my pockect!!! Lets just say the next guy wasnt so lucky because he had like 20 marbles hitting his windshield!!! I know it was probably wrong but that was in my wilder days!! And for the road rash.... Yes it burns like hell, i think id rather have a broken bone!!! Well bro im sorry about your wreck, im glad your ok and hope it all works out for ya

Lata!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Totaled GSXR1000.....sad day