Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

There Are Times

Search this Thread

Old 8/7/05, 01:48 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yesterday we had a pool party with 16 of our closest friends at a girlfriends house in San B County. Gorgeous property, huge pool, and horse stables in the back....

After playing chicken, diving contest, (read a lot of drunk people doing some REALLY bad dives.) swim contests, drinking, 110 heat, and pull ups on the diving board (some of us are ex competition swimmers) We went out for sushi and dancing... Got up this morning to a beautiful day, threw open the blinds to the sun and blue skies over the Pacific Ocean.

Ya know, there is nothing like being able to drink for 12 hours straight, and have no hangover the next morning!

I am sitting at my desk, look to the left, and I see the rollerbladers are out in force with the bike riders, and the waves crashing on the shore... to my left is the man who just cooked me a full egg breakfast, cleaned the kitchen, watching X Games. My cats are sound asleep in the sun coming in the window, and life couldnt be better!

Days like these I love where I live, and dont feel soooooo dang old.
Old 8/7/05, 02:27 PM
I'm people, and I like.

I am soooo jealous of you!
Man, I can't wait to move my **** out and get my own place next year, and have days like yours.

Keep enjoying it for us ^_^
Old 8/7/05, 02:35 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

Lalo, for the most part I really hate living on PCH. Its noisy, its dirty, and its expensive. But, days like today, and watching the surfers from my bed, well, its something I am going to miss when we move inland a little.
Old 8/7/05, 02:49 PM
I'm people, and I like.

good 'ol PCH, huh?
Well, I bet days like today are priceless
Old 8/7/05, 03:06 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

yup, good ole PCH... if I dont clean daily to get all the exhaust dust off my furniture, everything will be covered in black dust. BLECH! But yeh... days like today... Wow!
Old 8/7/05, 03:32 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Let's key on, Expensive. I miss Nor. Cal but even we had So. Cal prices on homes in Redding.

Waking up and going to the river walk in San Antonio and having a nice cool margarita on a clear 80 degree day sounds great right about now. Cost of living is cheap, it's spread way out, the food and drink are outstanding, the people are great, and of course there's the Championship team Spurs!!
Old 8/7/05, 03:42 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

Yes, but there is no ocean views from your bedroom windows..

Frankly, while I love my views, I dont love the price, and it quite honestly is not worth living in a rundown condo for outrageous rent to have those views.
Old 8/7/05, 03:52 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I would live in a tent for a view of the ocean!
My view is of a dirt bank out one side and Pleasant Valley out the other(rows of houses that are all the same)
Old 8/7/05, 04:15 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by JessicaRabbitt@August 7, 2005, 3:45 PM
Yes, but there is no ocean views from your bedroom windows..

Frankly, while I love my views, I dont love the price, and it quite honestly is not worth living in a rundown condo for outrageous rent to have those views.
And that's the problem with California. I'm up north now, but I lived in SD county (Carlsbad) for over 20 years and always lived close to the water. I'd still be there but for a couple of snags with my marriage and business. Oh well.

I don't know what city you live in but you'll miss PCH more than you know now when you move.
Old 8/7/05, 04:30 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

I am in Huntington Beach. We are staying HB, and we will be staying within walking distance to the beach. The noise is absolutely incredible... At 3am you get the morons racing thier rice rockets up and down PCH. Not a problem on the weekends, but when its a week night, then I have issues. Not to mention the helicopters CONSTANTLY overhead. Then you get the ones who park in front of our condo, turn on thier alarm, and leave for 8 hours. The trucks and harleys set the alarms off every 3-5 minutes, and then of course because they are still armed they continue to go off until the owner returns. We of course dont have AC, (Its HB!) and we do love the wonderful breeze coming right off the ocean... but, sitting on a literal highway really takes a lot of joy out it.

There are about three days a year when PCH is closed for the 8 miles of HB. THOSE are the heavenly times. You can hear the waves crashing on the shore, its incredible..
Old 8/7/05, 04:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Jessica, all this ocean talk is killing me. I was born in Miami and lived there until we moved out here to Texas when I was 11yrs old. We would spend countless days at the beach and it was great. I guess I'm gonna have to break down and take a nice vacation at the beach soon. I will never forget that great scent of the ocean/beach and the ocean breeze. Thanks for rekindling those memories.
Old 8/7/05, 04:49 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Hey Jess..do me a favor and take a pic of that view of the ocean..I'm wanting to move closer to the shore myself and have an urge to feel very jealous!
Old 8/7/05, 04:55 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by EleanorsMine@August 7, 2005, 4:55 PM
Pleasant Valley out the other(rows of houses that are all the same)
I'm sure I'm dating myself but that must definitly be a Monkeys reference
Old 8/7/05, 05:32 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by burningman@August 7, 2005, 5:58 PM
I'm sure I'm dating myself but that must definitly be a Monkeys reference
Aya.
Love the monkees.
We are moving to "pleasant valley" like the song No freaking ocean though- I am 4 hours from the lovely beautiful wish I lived there all the time Gulf of Mexico.
Old 8/8/05, 07:38 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
me = jealous of your view.
Old 8/8/05, 07:48 AM
GTR Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Jess,

In the last few years, I must have driven right past your house about 10 times! small world....
Old 8/8/05, 09:39 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fortunately, I can reply: I know exactly how you feel...

...without the emission laws, etc of California
Old 8/8/05, 12:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by JessicaRabbitt@August 7, 2005, 1:51 PM
Yesterday we had a pool party with 16 of our closest friends at a girlfriends house in San B County. Gorgeous property, huge pool, and horse stables in the back....

After playing chicken, diving contest, (read a lot of drunk people doing some REALLY bad dives.) swim contests, drinking, 110 heat, and pull ups on the diving board (some of us are ex competition swimmers)
Just to clarify......My drunk dives were freakin sweet.

Edit ...............Touche
Old 8/8/05, 01:18 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by stoic21@August 8, 2005, 2:54 PM
Just to clarify......My drunk drives were freakin sweet.
I hope you meant DIVES.
Old 8/8/05, 02:11 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

Yes, he meant DIVES... By the time we all left the party we were sober... well, the drivers were, LOL!! I was, hubby wasnt.

Stoic DEFINTELY was, the one drunken fool who didnt come with a person to drive was left there to sleep it off.

You guys defintely had us girls laughing our hineys off.

Quick Reply: There Are Times