Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

SW ep3

Search this Thread

Old 5/19/05, 09:46 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
opinions???
I think Lucas still can't direct....I think they should've replaced Hayden with something a little more animated..like oh say a tree stump. And i laughed out loud at the Frankenstien moment (wont go into details so i as not not spoil it for anyone.)

Although the hardware was indeed cool.
Over all it was the best of the first three episodes..but the classic ep4 still is the best.

I'll leave you with this quote from Young Frankenstien.........
"It's ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!"
Old 5/19/05, 10:06 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not a big Star Wars fan, but I really like episodes 4-6. I first watched episode 1 a week ago on television, and episode 2 about a month ago when my friend lent it to me. I have to say that those movies were crap when compared to the original three.
And I agree with you, Episode 4 is my favorite also
Old 5/19/05, 10:14 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
HUGE star wars fan here up until last year i had every book ever printed that was authorized star wars materiel. i've fallen behind with my head over heels search for a mustang

havent seen it yet. going to tomora with....it*

i liked all of them. but the greatest ever is Return of the Jedi. best space battle scene ever.

actually star wars is what inspired me to aim for the engineeering field. in addition to my already impressive, if i do say so myself, future resume, i WILL make the first workable, fliyable, shoot the crap out of whatever i want-able X-wing. or maybe and A-wing. so many possiblities.

with a niner paint job no doubt

*you know who you are
Old 5/20/05, 10:34 AM
GT Member

I laughed out loud too during the 'Frankenstein' scene. NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Ha ha. It probably would have been my favorite one, if not for that one scene, oh, and Darth Sidious' horrible acting job against Mace Windu. Laughable as well.

About halfway through, I started thinking to myself, this is it....the last one....Wow. Kind of sad.

But then again, there's always the rumor of the TV series floating around......
Old 5/20/05, 10:59 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by AZOmae@May 20, 2005, 10:37 AM
But then again, there's always the rumor of the TV series floating around......

Not a rumor. George Lucas has confirmed that there will be 2 TV shows. One will be 3D animated based on the Clone Wars, the other will be an actual show
Old 5/20/05, 11:02 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Believe this:
I have never seen ANY star wars movie!
None of em- you heard me right.
Old 5/20/05, 11:40 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@May 20, 2005, 12:05 PM
Believe this:
I have never seen ANY star wars movie!
None of em- you heard me right.
:shock:
Old 5/20/05, 11:42 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

My hair should by all rights be black- but I enjoy the feistiness of Red too much to return it back.....
When I was in second grade I had LOOOOOOOOOOONG hair. I never understood why the little boys always asked me to twist my pigtails into buns so it would look like Princess Leias hair.

Now that I am much older and wiser...... :scratch: I still don't get it but now I don't have to care.
Old 5/20/05, 12:04 PM
Cobra Member

Saw it, loved it.

The acting stinked, but you can't tell me the acting in A New Hope was any better. ("but I wanted to go into tashi station to pick up some power converters" ) The action was amazing and started off right. There were cheesy moments and I feel the fim was rushed a bit, but all in all I liked it and am gonna see it again this weekend.
Old 5/20/05, 12:11 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
it kinda amazes me that what is in essence a 6 piece story is all about a Brat that didn't get what he wanted. That is starwars in a nutshell.
Old 5/20/05, 12:13 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@May 20, 2005, 1:45 PM
My hair should by all rights be black- but I enjoy the feistiness of Red too much to return it back.....
When I was in second grade I had LOOOOOOOOOOONG hair. I never understood why the little boys always asked me to twist my pigtails into buns so it would look like Princess Leias hair.

Now that I am much older and wiser...... :scratch: I still don't get it but now I don't have to care.

You would like the older ones but like Lalo said the new one's are just god awful!
I'll watch ep 3 when its on HBO. Maybe....
Old 5/20/05, 11:37 PM
Post *****

just got back.

BEST MOVIE EVER!
tied with Return of the Jedi

hmm, strange isnt it Return of the Jedi and Return of the Sith are the two bestestsests.

George Lucas kicks hiney. and so does Chewie. My God i love that movie. i kno i kno "GEEK" i dont give a crap. i loved the movie.

cant wait for the two TV series
Old 5/21/05, 05:35 PM
Team Mustang Source

Saw it thought it was slow and boring. pendantic and predictable worst of all the movies.
Old 5/23/05, 05:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by future9er24@May 20, 2005, 11:40 PM
just got back.
BEST MOVIE EVER!
tied with Return of the Jedi

hmm, strange isnt it Return of the Jedi and Return of the Sith are the two bestestsests.

George Lucas kicks hiney. and so does Chewie. My God i love that movie. i kno i kno "GEEK" i dont give a crap. i loved the movie.

cant wait for the two TV series
Give that man a Quaalude.

I went and saw the film with Richard Hatch - who played Apollo in the original Battlestar Galactica and plays Tom Zarek in the new Galactica - and we both agreed that Sith was a bitter disappointment filled with missed opportunities, poor character development (given that it was supposed to be Anakin’s turn to the dark side), cheesy acting and dialogue, and too much cartoonish nonsense. It’s amazing how cranking the marketing machine into high gear can create mass hypnosis among film critics, most of whom seem to be heaping praise on this POS.

So basically, Anakin is a spoiled brat who within 30 minutes turns on all his friends and starts killing children to save his girlfriend from an uncertain death? Are you kidding me?? THAT was his motivation for killing? I mean, I like the fuzzy little hole as much as the next guy, but I'm not about to start killing little kids for it!

Then there was the dialogue. Anakin: "You're so beautiful." Padme: "It's only because I'm so in love." Anakin: "No, it's because I'm so in love with you." Me:

Too much cartoonish action, choppy editing and superficial acting. And what was up with all those droids running around yelling "Roger, roger." "Hi, we're the really stupid droids with the really stupid sounding voices."

And what about General Grievous? Half-alien, half-droid, with a canine head and a nasty cough, he looked like a skeletal greyhound feeling the effects of a two-pack-a-day habit — action figure, anyone? Hey, kiddies, just pull the string and hear him hack.
Old 5/23/05, 02:41 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

TV series??? Anyway.......I liked the third one but not as much as the old ones, with the exception of the special effects.
Old 5/23/05, 03:46 PM
Post *****

Give that man a Quaalude.
a what?
Old 5/23/05, 06:07 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Originally posted by future9er24@May 23, 2005, 2:49 PM
a what?
What have I told you before?

Wikipedia it!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quaalude

Old 5/23/05, 06:09 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Can I have one?
Old 5/23/05, 06:42 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Like you reallllllllllllllly need one???
Old 5/23/05, 06:45 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Crap!
Nevermind...Already got some!