Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

for the Star Wars nerds

Search this Thread

Old 12/30/05, 07:18 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

... i did it. last nite.. i sat down and watched all six movies without fallng asleep or getting up or anything.

started at about 3pm, finished past 4am... not entirely sure on the time tho... i was hyped up on the single most powerful cup of coffee i had ever experienced

to be honest, im still not tired... i woke up at 10:30AM yesterday... havent slept since.

its 6:20 over here in Cali... that means i havent slept in 31 hours and 50 minutes

WOOOOOO

oh and we (me and my cuzin are the two geniuses who decided to try this) didnt just watch star wars lol. after those 6 we watched Sin City (my first time seeing it.. i kinda liked it, i thot it'd be cheesy) some tom and jerry movie special, full house, Home improvement, and even played a bit of Battlefront on the Xbox (we had to.. star wars was fresh in our minds)

im not sure why im posting this... i just feel somewhat fullfilled that i have finally watched em all, in order, and all in one go

coming soon: Godfather trilogy, Indiana Jones Trilogy and Lord Of the Rings Trilogy

man, y'all hould try this whole "not sleep for over 24 hours" thing. the whoooooooole world seems a bit funky now....

i dont get it tho... why arent i tired? the last (and only) caffienated drink i had was ONE cup of coffee (albeit the strongest mug of stuff ever to be brewed) and that was over 18 hours ago...

im not lightheadeed or dizzy or tired or itchy eyed or anything...

weiiiiiird

anyhow:

<-- i love that smiley!!!!!!!

Old 12/30/05, 07:25 PM
Post *****

oh and while im at it, i royally hate the stupid "comact" jacks on my dads bimmer. we had a flat yest on my way to my cousins and the stupid jack isnt like a normal jack and iscrpaed up my knuckels... grrr

AND the stupid manual sed "put the jack on this spot" and lift, but the jack wouldnt hol on in that spot... PISSED ME OFF, so i had to move it farter towards the center of the car and consquently had to spend more time jacking up the car...

AND don get me STARTED on those stupid lug nuts!!!

ok as we all kno in a normal car, when u take off the wheels, you remove the lugs and pull off the wheel, and there are four/five studs (dep on 4/5lug). BMWs dont work that way. the stud is IN te lug nut!!! so when you pull off all 5 lugs the wheel just falls on ur foot!!!! GRRRRR

and putting the sumfemale dog back on?! it tok forever to properly line up the bugger so that all the lugs would go back into the threads propery

i dont like it.

but in spite of all my hatred, they did do SOMETHING right....

they gave us a full size spare in the trunk. that i liked.

well that and the color (almost DHG lol)

but other than that? i hate it. stupid bimmer....

yes im ranting! RANT RANT RANT!!! :ranting:

:scratch: why wont dad trade the 323 for a Zephyr?

ok... rant over
Old 12/30/05, 07:27 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting accomplisment
Let us know if the sleepiness hits you hard later
You are a day past your bedtime too, and you feel great, let me in on that brew!!!
Old 12/30/05, 07:28 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Woah!! get some sleep!
So did you watch the movies in Chronological order or in story order?
And what is your opinions of the old ones vs the new ones?
Old 12/30/05, 08:14 PM
Post *****

i watched them in chornoligical order, that is, in the order they "happened" not necc released

now, for old vs new...

well, i know the prequels get alot of flack for beeing cheesy and whatnot (CURSE YOU JAR JAR BINKS!!! CURSE YOU TO HADES!!!) i dont think they're alll tat bad. imo theyre a great et of movies

BUT, that said, the classic trilogy is the best. imean, they thrill of watching lukes Xwing sprint down a mechanized trench with meters to spare still gets my hyped up. i fell in love with the classics first, so thats the set that i like best

my fave movie overall tho, was the last one, Return of the Jedi. and not just for the metal bikini. i just think it was friggin awesome, what with that HUGE final space battle. what can i say? im a sucker for things that fly fast and make other thngs go boom.

and having said THAT, i actually like the expanded universe novels even better than the movies. particularly the "x-wing" and "New Jedi Order" series

i know i know, TOTAL GEEK. i cant help it. i have three obsessions inlife: cars, the niners and star wars. couldnt live without ANY of those three

actually four... BBQ is big too

and as for sleep/ not to interested in that. im kind of excited to see where the heck im going to wake up after i inevitbaly pass out lol

and about that brew manny... i have no clue. my cuz sed it was regular folgers... but when he was taking it out of the tin, it was "chunky" and stuck together. i had it black too, no sugar (i uually dont drink my coffee like that) and it was the worst tasting, sour cup of filth i'd ever drank.

but holy heck did it wake me up!!!
Old 12/30/05, 09:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Funny how 3 extended version Lord of the Rings movies = 6 Star Wars movies in viewing time. No wonder people went ballistic at the movie theater for not giving potty breaks during screenings of the Lord of the Rings movies!!
Old 12/30/05, 10:50 PM
Post *****

lol i know, we're going to do that tomoro nite for new years
Old 12/31/05, 12:50 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Do you have Gran Turismo 4?

If so you should try racing the 24 hour races in one sitting!
Old 12/31/05, 12:59 PM
Cobra Member

Go to sleep.
Old 12/31/05, 01:02 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
yyou can actually do a real 24 hours race?
Holy crap!
Does it have the actual Nurburg ring in it too so you can take a deisel jag around it and record a lap time of 9.59 mins??
heheh

I've done all nine hours of LOTRs in one sitting then watched all 20+hours of behind the scene stuff right after..but have yet to do the Starwars series

It's kinda funny my least favorite was Return of the jedi. I hated the songs and ewoks so much. Return is the start of Lucas putting upbeat kids songs at the end of the movies GRRRRRRRRRRRR I hate it!
I even refuse to ackowledge it's existence when it's on the tube.
I hate it that much
There were only 5 SW movies!
Old 12/31/05, 07:25 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Indiana Jones Trilogy
yep Star Trek marathon was on so Jr. & I did the same then now he's into Indian Jones so well do those next day off. Hey Try De-Cafe Arin or if you have any request Boss's Bro owns a Coffee Co free-bees but I don't hadly drink it. go figure.
Old 1/1/06, 04:06 PM
Post *****

LOL BM i didnt care muich for the ewoks either. in fact, my favorite mode in Battlefront II is hunting ewoks (yes.. u can actually do that)

no one else wanted to watch LOTR last nite, so it didnt get done

and chris, i dont have GT4.... but ill check what the longest in GT3 is..

ubt that wholre tired thins is beggining to sink in. i slept about 8 hours last nite... but darn im tired now...
Old 1/2/06, 01:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Last time I stayed up that long was on the job. Once I got past about fourteen hours, it was like my body said, "All right, dangit, you want to stay up? YER GONNA STAY UP!!!"

At that point I couldn't have slept if God had commanded it.

Oh, and ultimately I stayed up for about 57 hours, until the job was done. Then I went home, had a big bowl of cereal and went to bed for about sixteen hours.......
Old 1/2/06, 01:32 PM
Post *****

57 HOURS?!?!?!?!

next long weekend i have... im going for 60 lol
Old 1/2/06, 05:09 PM
ARF
Bullitt Member

Little kids...

LOL...

I once stayed 72 hrs without sleeping... it was very fun... everything was funky and sexy hot... LOL... and i had beers, tequila, vodka, whisy, sodas, water... hardly any food... but it was like 3 years ago... i was in studing in college back then...

Oh boy did i remember that weekend in Acapulco!...
But when i got to sleep... well it was in the way back in the car... we did like 6 hours insted of the usual 3 and a half... it was full of cars... and when i woke up i was at home, i dont remember anithing exept i went 2 the bathroom... took a 2 min **** LOL... went to bed and woke up 16 hrs latter... lil hang over but not much...

LOL!!!! thats what i love from living in sunny mexico... What hapens in mexico stays in mexico...

BRING YOUR FRIENDS FOR ME!!!! (GIRLS ONLY)

LOL....

ps: hope to see you guys and girls down here next spring break