Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

So I got into it with some 9/11 hoax fanatics today...

Search this Thread

Old 9/12/07, 12:43 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I got into it with some 9/11 hoax fanatics today...

I am on my way to work this morning and I see some picket signs and banners. As I get closer I see that the signs say "9/11 was an inside job". So this being a day to remember the events of 9/11 I was quite offended by the actions of these fools. So I pulled over to raise a little hell.....

I as one of these toolboxes what the f their little display was all about, and he replies "9/11 never happened, it was all a big lie created by the government. Our government killed all those people." So now I am doing my best to restrain myself, and in the most civil tone I can muster I reply: "the fact that you are standing there breathing useful peoples air is a testament to the fact that you are wrong. If the government ruthlessly killed it's own defenseless and innocent citizens I am pretty sure dirtbags (can't use the words on this board) like you would be at the top of the list." And I proceeded to tell him how he might be more appreciated in a cave in in afghanistan. the cops showed up as more and more people began to argue and yell, and the crowd dispersed.

WTF is it with these people? I feel horrible for the families who have lost loved ones in 9/11 and the wars in afghanistan and iraq fighting for the very rights of idiots like these.

that about sums up how i feel....
Old 9/12/07, 01:10 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree 110%, I would have been right there with the calvary had I of known. I am somewhat confused myself, seems locally here every other flag was at half staff and unless I missed something nationally I think they should have been flown in honor as well as in memory of this event but high and proud.
Old 9/12/07, 10:25 AM
Bullitt Member

Flags are always flown at half staff in memorium, not in protest.
Old 9/12/07, 12:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I agree with you Johnny. These 9/11 hoax fanatics are morons. Glad you expressed your opinion to them.

My wife and I attended our local Patriot Day tribute at our City Plaza yesterday. We honored local public safety and military personnel, as well as those who lost their lives in the Sept. 11 attacks. It was a solemn and moving observance.

Old 9/12/07, 01:06 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
I dont think I would have gone to the extent you went...but I agree...those people shouldnt be allowed to live here.
Old 9/12/07, 11:40 PM
GT Member

but I agree...those people shouldnt be allowed to live here.
While I definitely don't agree with what the people were saying about 9/11, I do have to keep in mind that the ideals of this country are based around freedom, and as long as they weren't hurting anyone, I fully support their right to say what they want.

"I may not agree with you but I'll fight for your right to say it."
Old 9/13/07, 12:35 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Koolaid drinkers! All of them! Idiots aplenty!!
Old 9/13/07, 12:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

Sadly, it's best to just ignore them.

Remember, there's people out there who seriously believe we faked the Moon landings using anti-gravity generators which we stole from aliens.

I'm not gonna say you don't need to vent once in a while, but there are lonely brick walls in pleasant parks that would be a better use of your time.

Did you honestly expect those people you yelled at to go "Oh...you're right..." and put down their signs and go home?

The best thing you can do is relax, and try to always make sure you base your judgements on the best facts you can find. If you make a truly honest effort to learn about the things that go on around you, you'll be alright.

The trick is to make sure you're on the right side of the line when decision time comes. A bunch of idiots waving signs out in front of the Whitehouse doesn't really do much...so it's usually not worth getting worked up over. Idiots abound.

Actually, if you really wanted to get into it with them, the best approach is not to yell, but to throw the mind game right back at them. Tell them that you heard them yelling and so figure they MUST have something to say...so here you are, ready to hear what they have to say. They say the government lied to us. Ask for the proof. When they give it (if they can), listen to what they say, and if it doesn't make sense (or you can think of another reason for what they see as proof) say so. Ask them to explain to you why they believe this is proof of government lies.

I'd be willing to bet that not a single person there really had any clue what they were protesting about. It's the bandwagon phenomena. Happens all the time, because it's part of the social society. It's unfortunate, but there you have it.
Old 9/13/07, 12:54 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

You know, I like what you did. Why is it that all the people out there demonstrating/screaming, getting emotional are those that hate America or think it's goverment and/or president are evil? I think those that love their country need to start standing up for it and defending it (peacefully but firmly). You may not be in the military, but you can still defend/standup for what you know is right and stand against what you know is wrong.
I also respect and defend their right to believe whatever kind of crap they want and their right to make public asses out of themselves. But I would hope that most of my fellow Americans would be outraged. Newsflash! it's ok to express anger when it is directed at things that are just wrong. Even Jesus expressed anger at outrageous behaviour he saw at the temple (I'm not avocating that you start flipping over tables and whipping people like Jesus did ).

Speaking of outrage, it's ok...no, it's good and right to be outraged by evil (for example bin Laden's attack on 9/11). Some folks get uncomfortable by that word "evil". "Who are we to call someone else evil?" "We shouldn't judge other people" If you can't figure out that intentionally killing innocent men/women/children is evil then you are an idiot. Even most Sunnis in Iraqis now believe that Al Qaeda's tactics are evil (more on this below). The ends do not justify the means.
Yes, the US military has killed innocent men women and children too, but there is a difference. We aren't intentionally targeting them. We try very hard not to harm them. It's against the rules of armed conflict for us to do so. We will be punished if we intentionally do. In other words we (your US military) are taught from day one that it is wrong. The "evil doers" are taught that it's ok to kill innocent people that don't share their beliefs. In fact, in their belief system, they will earn rewards in paradise if they do. They also justify killing people that share their beliefs (as they do everyday in Iraq with suicide bombs placed in civilian areas).

I'm very surprised (not really) that their wasn't an outrage in the US when bin Laden said we should all convert to Islam. I mean, so many people freak out if you have a nativity scene or mention the word "Christ" during Christmas, but where are these people when a person that orchestrated the deaths of over 2000 innocent people wants them to convert to his religion. Where's their outrage? Why aren't they in the streets demonstrating/screaming about that? Instead of burning the US flag, why don't they burn bin Laden in effigy for a change?
Just to set the record straight, the good guys are winning in Iraq. By good guys I don't just mean the US. I mean ordinary Iraqis that are turning against Al Qada's ideology in Iraq. They are turning against them in droves. They want a safe/secure place to live and are sick of the the murderous tactics of Al Qada.

You may not like how the Iraq War has gone. I don't either, but the time to pull out is not when many Iraqis that used to attack US forces, now are asking for help to defeat our common enemy. We must overcome our recent impatient American tendency to want to end things quick regardless of the consequences.

This is just one battle front in a larger war. Not the Global War on Terror, but the war within Islam between those that advocate violence against innocent people and those that reject it. Since 9/11, we in the US have wondered why there aren't more Muslims forcefully speaking out against Al Qada. Well, now they are not only speaking out, they are rising up to fight our common enemy. We should support those that share our belief in rejecting violent extremist methods. We may not agree on democracy, free trade, religion, Israel, etc., but most Americans, Russians, Chinese, Muslims, Israelis, Europeans, Africans, etc. can come together to fight this common threat.
Let's not screw up in Iraq and ****** defeat from the jaws of victory. Remember it took us from over 7 years to defeat the British in the Revolutionary War and things looked bleak for the first 6 years. In Iraq, we are playing the role of the French Fleet in our Revolutionary War i.e. helping the Iraqis defeat Al Qada, just as the French helped us defeat the British.
The Sunni Iraqis are demostrating to their brethern around the world that it's possible for the good guys (every day Muslims) to successfully fight against and defeat the bad guys (violent extremists). As Churchill said after the British defeated Rommel in Egypt "Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."

This will take decades. Sorry folks, but that's just the way it is. We Americans, just want to get this over and get back to our peaceful lives. Sorry but those days ended on 11 September 2001.
Old 9/13/07, 04:33 PM

Very Nice! And we believe you! Not the Media!!!! Be safe over there!!! We are with you 110%!!!!
Old 9/13/07, 05:07 PM

A different perspective...

We live in a country were we can believe anything we want. The USA was founded on that principle. People can have a different opinion regarding what happened on 9/11 and still be good Americans.
I also feel horrible for the families who have lost loved ones in 9/11. I support our fire department, police department, armed forces, and our government. BUT I believe that the government was behind the attacks on 9/11. There is so much evidence to suggest a government conspiracy. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9/11_conspiracy_theories

I will write more as the tread continues.
36% of Americans consider it "very likely" or "somewhat likely" that government officials either allowed the attacks to be carried out or carried out the attacks themselves.

PS I am a regular, but I started a new account, due to potential hate that might come my way.
Old 9/13/07, 07:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Freedomofspeech
We live in a country were we can believe anything we want. The USA was founded on that principle. People can have a different opinion regarding what happened on 9/11 and still be good Americans.
I also feel horrible for the families who have lost loved ones in 9/11. I support our fire department, police department, armed forces, and our government. BUT I believe that the government was behind the attacks on 9/11. There is so much evidence to suggest a government conspiracy. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9/11_conspiracy_theories

I will write more as the tread continues.
36% of Americans consider it "very likely" or "somewhat likely" that government officials either allowed the attacks to be carried out or carried out the attacks themselves.

PS I am a regular, but I started a new account, due to potential hate that might come my way.
http://www.popularmechanics.com/tech...42.html?page=1

Nuff said
Old 9/13/07, 08:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by ...
BUT I believe that the government was behind the attacks on 9/11.
Having lost friends myself in the attacks, the idea that our own government caused the event is so utterly disgusting and insulting that you (and the rest) better have such solid evidence, in hand, in public, irrefutable and clear-cut, that the very suggestion isn't as despicable, irresponsible, and heinous as it would be if true.

This is not shallow water.
Old 9/13/07, 08:49 PM

Popular Mechanics senior researcher Ben Chertoff is the cousin of Michael Chertoff, current head of Homeland Security.

David Ray Griffin has published a book entitled Debunking 9/11 Debunking: An Answer to Popular Mechanics and Other Defenders of the Official Conspiracy Theory.

http://stage6.divx.com/Louder-Than-W...2/Loose-Change
Old 9/13/07, 09:35 PM

Like I said Kool Aide!!!!
Old 9/15/07, 05:03 AM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Gee, I guess it was the US goverment that made bin Laden and others in Al Qada to admit to 9/11 attack? In case you missed it, he expressed surprise by the amount of damage that they caused. It was more than they expected. http://www.npr.org/news/specials/res...aden.tape.html

Of course this tape was invented by the US Government right? or let me guess; conspiracy theorists believe bin Laden and Al Qada work for the CIA?

Bin Laden just released a video praising 1 of the hijackers "In a new video released Tuesday, bin Laden's voice was heard commemorating one of the Sept. 11 suicide hijackers and calling on young Muslims to follow his example in martyring themselves in attacks."
http://abcnews.go.com/International/...ory?id=3588233

I'm in the Middle East right now and listen to Arab News including Al Jazzera. When covering 9/11 it was assumed that Al Qada was behind the attacks. They weren't blaming the Jews or the US goverment for doing it. Why not? Because there is too much evidence that even people that are predisposed to blame the US for everything wrong in the world, can't even buy into this crap.

Do you also believe that the US has alien bodies from the Roswell crash and is using the alien technology to develop new weapons, that President Johnson had Kennedy assasinated, that the US goverment invented and intentionally spread the AIDS virus, that we staged the moon landings, that FDR knew about and could have prevented the attack on Pearl Harbor....

There is only one problem with all these great conspiracies. It assumes that the US goverment could keep them all quiet for years without anyone finding out. We all know that there are leaks everyday. We are horrible at keeping secrets.
People that believe this stuff are off their rocker as far as I'm concerned. They seem predisposed (maybe hardwired at birth I dunno) to believe this stuff hook line and sinker.

If there was anything to this, I'm pretty sure the democrats would have used it to their political advantage in the 2004 or 2006 elections. Oh wait they are in on it too right? Come on people!
Old 9/15/07, 03:27 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
omfg not the loose change idiots again It's actually quite a sick thought process if you think about it. Well, when we shelter ourselves from natural selection via modern 'science' and 'medicine', this is what you get from a dirty gene pool-human algae.

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse....i?u=911_morons
Old 9/26/07, 02:54 PM
Team Mustang Source

While 9/11 strikes close to home, this kind of thinking falls into line with others like the Holacost (sp ?) never happened.
Unfortunate but true - If you keep telling a line, it will eventually be believed. While I disagree with this groups line of thinking what bother me a hell of alot more are individuals, like politicians using 9/11 for their own self-interest.
Old 9/26/07, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Faber
I am on my way to work this morning and I see some picket signs and banners. As I get closer I see that the signs say "9/11 was an inside job". So this being a day to remember the events of 9/11 I was quite offended by the actions of these fools. So I pulled over to raise a little hell.....

I as one of these toolboxes what the f their little display was all about, and he replies "9/11 never happened, it was all a big lie created by the government. Our government killed all those people." So now I am doing my best to restrain myself, and in the most civil tone I can muster I reply: "the fact that you are standing there breathing useful peoples air is a testament to the fact that you are wrong. If the government ruthlessly killed it's own defenseless and innocent citizens I am pretty sure dirtbags (can't use the words on this board) like you would be at the top of the list." And I proceeded to tell him how he might be more appreciated in a cave in in afghanistan. the cops showed up as more and more people began to argue and yell, and the crowd dispersed.

WTF is it with these people? I feel horrible for the families who have lost loved ones in 9/11 and the wars in afghanistan and iraq fighting for the very rights of idiots like these.

that about sums up how i feel....
agreed 10,000%! that is rediculus!
Old 9/26/07, 06:24 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
shoulda pulled a few burnouts in front of em too.

but joking aside i would've been right beside you no doubt

Quick Reply: So I got into it with some 9/11 hoax fanatics today...