Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Punks...

Search this Thread

Old 1/8/09, 09:25 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 670 Likes on 542 Posts
Punks...

Can someone tell me what the point is of letting air out of tires is? Or worse, stickin' a knife into the sidewall?

I dunno which of the two it is, but two cars in the parking lot near our homes had this done. And the guy with the Firebird was on the phone, he had his left side two down.

I stared for a second and wondered "why didn't they do mine?"

Then I thought "Why did they do that at all?"

So, I'm asking. Why do y'all suppose?

/I'm guessing we can blame Bush for this too?
//see that other thread if you need to.
///am serious about the 'why' of the tire thing. I don't get it.
Old 1/8/09, 09:43 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts

I started work at a place once where I was a delivery driver. The first day I had to ride along with a guy to learn the ropes. So we're out on delivery when he sees a car, stops the vehicle, and says I'll be right back. He gets back in the car and I said what was that all about? He said that the owner of that car owned a business that was in competition with this new business that I started working for and that our boss would pay him $5 a tire everytime he let the air out of the guys tires. $20 if he would cut the sidewall.

I didn't show up for work the next day and found a different place to work. And that wasn't the worst thing I saw happen that day.
Old 1/8/09, 09:54 AM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
That is a d*** move

I don;t know why people vandalize things. It's pretty pointless
Old 1/8/09, 10:52 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1 word. Jealousy. That is usually why people do stupid things to cars like puncturing tires, keying the paint, etc etc etc.
Old 1/8/09, 10:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs

I started work at a place once where I was a delivery driver. The first day I had to ride along with a guy to learn the ropes. So we're out on delivery when he sees a car, stops the vehicle, and says I'll be right back. He gets back in the car and I said what was that all about? He said that the owner of that car owned a business that was in competition with this new business that I started working for and that our boss would pay him $5 a tire everytime he let the air out of the guys tires. $20 if he would cut the sidewall.

I didn't show up for work the next day and found a different place to work. And that wasn't the worst thing I saw happen that day.
You promised you wouldn't say anything!
Old 1/8/09, 10:57 AM
Post *****

BTW the guy who actually did that has been in and out of prison ever since. And the business is no longer around anymore. I dodged a bullet there I think.
Old 1/8/09, 10:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

You mean literally, or…?
Old 1/8/09, 11:00 AM
Post *****

I could tell you what happened later that day but it doesn't pertain to the topic at hand. So I digress. In essence idiots do this crap. Fools. Morons. I can't go on without bypassing language filters.
Old 1/8/09, 11:05 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by adrenalin
1 word. Jealousy. That is usually why people do stupid things to cars like puncturing tires, keying the paint, etc etc etc.
Amen. they don't like it if you have something nicer than them..

Count yourself lucky they didn't hit your stang.

1 of 2 scenarios

1. afraid that he may be seen by your car and get caught
2 .they like your car and want to steal it!
Old 1/8/09, 11:08 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I could tell you what happened later that day but it doesn't pertain to the topic at hand. So I digress. In essence idiots do this crap. Fools. Morons. I can't go on without bypassing language filters.

Start a new thread, Gary titled "You wouldn't believe what happened at work today"

Oh well,
Old 1/8/09, 03:52 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
if someone's a d*** to you, letting the air out of their tires I could see, but not slashing them. And that's only if they gave you good reason, not just for nothing
Old 1/8/09, 03:58 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by adrenalin
jealousy, jealousy, jealousy....ask the member 'steve-o' on here about that. He has a 2007 GO GT premium...one night he stayed over at his girlfriend dorm at her college. the next morning he went out to his car and someone key'ed the entire car - every body panel. He had to take it to our local Ford dealership and had the entire car sanded down and repainted....it was covered under insurance, but still....
Old 1/8/09, 04:00 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by StangMahn
if someone's a d*** to you, letting the air out of their tires I could see, but not slashing them. And that's only if they gave you good reason, not just for nothing
I never mess with someone's ride because I would not want them to touch either my truck or my 'stang. When you mess with someone's ride you're just asking for karma to come back and cuff you right in the jaw.
Old 1/8/09, 04:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

I can't imagine how I'd react if something like that happened to me. One time somebody wrote "WASH ME" on the tailgate of my Ranger and I swore I'd hunt them down and rip off their *********. That probably doesn't bode well for my judgement should something major happen.

To this day, the bastard's still at large!

Last edited by zzcoop; 1/8/09 at 04:40 PM.
Old 1/9/09, 12:50 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The type of people that usually do this type of thing make stupid people look smart. I see this at work all the time. I made a report for one ignorant girl a couple weeks ago who is now in jail for Aggravated Assault with a deadly weapon because of it.

She was slashing her boyfriends tires and when he tried to stop her she nearly cut his finger off. I would say "Stupid is as stupid does" but, she isn't smart enough to be stupid.
Old 1/10/09, 12:11 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I know for the most part people make decisions on what they visually see without knowing all the details. Like the color of a person's skin, what they wear, how they speak, etc usually judges whether or not we think they are guilty w/o knowing the facts.

With that said: A while back my ex girlfriend and I were at this beach waiting for this parking spot, we waited a good 5 minutes as the family in the spot packed their stuff and kids into the car, all the while with our turn signal on. As the car backing out got out of the spot they blocked our path and as they pulled forward and passed us a van pulled right into the spot. I got out and told the driver we were waiting for that spot for over 5 minutes and was told, "Too bad." I was dumbfounded that they would actually say that and think nothing was going to happen to their vehicle. I'm not a violent person but I will get you back. So I said, "Are you sure about that and told them to enjoy their day at the beach." Got back into the car found another spot, hung out at the beach and had fun with my ex. Upon leaving, what do you know the van is still parked there in our spot. I told my ex to start the car and I'll be right back. I flattened all four tires by sticking twigs into the air valves & left the caps nice and neatly next to each tire. Hey, they liked that spot so much they can have it for the rest of the day!

I'm not an evil person but I most certainly believe do unto others.
So the next time you see someone with slashed tires or some sort of damage to their vehicle, you gotta wonder what did they do to deserve it.

Last edited by Mas35NYR; 1/10/09 at 12:14 PM.
Old 1/10/09, 01:12 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by GT5088
I never mess with someone's ride because I would not want them to touch either my truck or my 'stang. When you mess with someone's ride you're just asking for karma to come back and cuff you right in the jaw.
I wouldnt do it for no reason, only if they'd really dont something terrible.
Old 1/10/09, 05:43 PM
Cobra Member

good point, understandable.