Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Polarized sunglasses

Search this Thread

Old 5/16/08, 12:44 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I will never wear non polarized lenses ever again after buying my first pair of polarized Oakley Half Jackets a few years ago. I've worked nights for 11 years now and needless to say my eyes are a little sensitive to bright light and it gets a little bright here in Texas. Anyway, you get used to the greenish purple tint. Like the explanation above, it's from other polarized stuff like the tint on my windows. That was the first time I noticed it but, rarely do anymore. It's worth it considering how much glare they block.
Old 5/16/08, 12:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yea dude oklahoma here it gets pretty sunny
Old 5/16/08, 02:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Everyone post a picture of your cool sunglasses.
Old 5/16/08, 05:37 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Here are the Serengeti Alto Polarmax glasses I've got. Love em.
Attached Images  
Old 5/18/08, 08:15 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Boomer
I have 2 pairs.. the polarized blue/ice iridium and the 'xmen ruby' ones (that I had to buy another pair off ebay because my first ones got lost at a golf course.... (grrrrrrr)

bought them through an eye clinic that was an authorized dealer, cheaper than any store.
Hey Boomer, great minds think alike. I've been buying Oakleys since the days of the original Heater lenses/M-Frame days. I just got the same pair you listed. Oakley Juliets. Plasma frame, Ice Blue Iridum Polarized lenses. I had coveted a pair of Juliets for over 5 years, but always put them back, after trying on (just couldn't spend that much for glasses). So I kept wearing my FMJ/Ice Half Jacket XLJ. Went onto Ebay, a 100% feedback Oakley retailer, and got a the pair I wanted for just over $200 shipped!

Let me tell you, I won't wear anything other than polarized lenses for now on. The best thing about them is NO GLARE!!! Nothing. Color is perfect, and no glare of any kind. Really can see better, without sun hurting my eyes. After wearing these now, I'm going to get new polarized lenses for my half jackets next. The Juliets stay in my Mustang and only wear them when I drive the car. To be honest, I did have to adjust to them. You can see the solar tint in the driver's window (blue tint not visible to naked eye), and on my walkie talkie, the screen is hard to see, but on my nav screen, no issues at all! Overall, I look back and say, WHY DID I WAIT!! These are so worth the money!!!
Old 5/20/08, 02:50 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this, especially in a mustang forum.. but hasn't anyone noticed how badly the plastic dashboard in the S197s reflect in the glass on a sunny day? My polarized sungalsses remove that reflection completely.. and I got them for $15 at REI. I even wear my polarized glasses in the car on cloudy days just to get rid of that reflection.

I also noticed polarized glasses are also really good for fishing allowing you to see through the surface glare on the river.
Old 5/21/08, 08:25 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Yeah I wear them all the time.

I know some people might scoff at spending that much on sunglasses, but I think I'd go mental if I had to wear anything but now...

I like how the Juliets cling to your head...and how the rubber is interchangeable to allow more grip depending on the size of your head.

One thing though, my Silver/BlueIce glasses are showing their age... the paint is starting to come off of them.hahah