Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

PO'ed beyond all recognition...

Search this Thread

Old 12/4/10, 12:21 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PO'ed beyond all recognition...

So i come in to my CHU after a long days work, to find my laptop on the ground.. thought it kinda odd, but didn't pay to much attention.. go take a shower, come back to my room so i can webcam with the fiancee for a little while before i leave in a few hours to find out that the the screen is completely broken, and that the computer wont even boot up.. :angry:
heading to the KBR office because i know they were doing room inspections....i know this is going to end bad, because I was never able to add my computer to my high dollar value sheet..
/end rant for now..
Old 12/4/10, 01:57 PM
V6 Member

well after arguing with people for over an hour and a half, i cant do anything, and i cant get reimbursed for my laptop...ended up just telling them the next time one of the local nationals take one step into my room without my permission, he was going to receive one of my 5.56 rounds.. well i guess this gives me an excuse to buy a mac like i've been wanting to... just gotta save up for it now.. if anyone would like to help me get one, send a donation to my paypal, armyguy239@gmail.com at least i can still get on with the ipod :/

Last edited by armyguy239; 12/4/10 at 02:08 PM.
Old 12/4/10, 02:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 788 Likes on 574 Posts
drag man I would think you could get yours repared for not to much
Old 12/4/10, 02:18 PM
V6 Member

yea maybe, i know the screen would be easy to fix, but the laptop wont even boot up, and finding a computer repair shop would be extremely hard to find out here lol...
Old 12/4/10, 02:39 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Cool Just Thinking

Here's a thought...
See if you can contact the laptop manufacturer.
Explain your story and your service status.
See if they can fix it or sent you a new one as a public relations thing.
Couldn't hurt to ask and it could save you some money.
Old 12/4/10, 02:42 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am with KarMan on this one, send them a photo of their product being used, well used overseas.
Old 12/4/10, 03:16 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dude are you ****ting me? You're asking for donations for your computer? Why? Because you're deployed and in military? Join the club, I'll bet that 40% of these boards are full of Military Service members. For those that aren't in the service you should know that we (to include this guy) make $500-$1000 extra /mth for serving in a tax free zone. That is on top of our regular pays.

Get off your cheap butt and pay in full for your computer. You should be ashamed to even illicit donations.

Last edited by 2L8IWON; 12/4/10 at 03:17 PM.
Old 12/5/10, 06:41 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 2L8IWON
Dude are you ****ting me? You're asking for donations for your computer? Why? Because you're deployed and in military? Join the club, I'll bet that 40% of these boards are full of Military Service members. For those that aren't in the service you should know that we (to include this guy) make $500-$1000 extra /mth for serving in a tax free zone. That is on top of our regular pays.

Get off your cheap butt and pay in full for your computer. You should be ashamed to even illicit donations.

wow because you know all of my reasons and everything that i have to pay, or things going on back home..its not 500-1000 extra.. its 250, and thats not even enough sometimes, i make less than 2,000 a month, and i see less than 200 even with the extra money... and its not mandatory,if you dont want to help then dont...im not expecting to people to pay for my laptop , i just asked if anyone wanted to help me, no need to have a sandy vag...

Last edited by armyguy239; 12/5/10 at 09:17 AM.
Old 12/5/10, 06:44 AM
V6 Member

and karman thanks, I called toshiba, and talked with a representative, they told me they'd give me a call back....
Old 12/7/10, 04:12 PM
Team Mustang Source

Where the hell do people get these numbers from? Military members do not make that much more for going to war overseas. Does this service member have kids (are they special needs)? Is he caring for a sick relative back home?

He didn't say "because I'm in the service I expect a hand out".

People **** me off.
Old 12/7/10, 08:50 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Ballz
Where the hell do people get these numbers from? Military members do not make that much more for going to war overseas. Does this service member have kids (are they special needs)? Is he caring for a sick relative back home?

He didn't say "because I'm in the service I expect a hand out".

People **** me off.
no, not yet and yes, i am.. i am taking care of both my Fiancee, and my mom and sister which is 6 year old with autism,my mom has rhuemtoid arthritis, fibromyalgia, Lupus, and a lot more that keeps her from working now.. neither of which can qualify to be my dependents, and on top of that I'm on the Private paychart, which really dont make crap, unless you have dependents.. and what ever is left from my paycheck goes to internet ($65 for slow, and very limited) and down payment for a car, because my car was totaled by an ******* right before i deployed

thanks Ballz. but yes, while being over here, we do earn extra money, i only qualify for 2 of the extra pays.Hostile fire/IDP of about $250/month, trust me if i could pay for the laptop that easily i would..