Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Overhaulin

Search this Thread

Old 5/22/06, 06:53 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Overhaulin

Is it just me or does anyone else get teary during the reveal at the end of an episode of Overhaulin
Old 5/22/06, 07:28 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I admit that I get a little teary as well. Certain reveals can make me get a little misty, for example, the fastback Mustang from season 1, that Chip and Co made look like a Shelby, and recently the Road Runner convertible to name a few. But the one that hit my heartstrings the most, was the episode titles Overlord. This was the episode where Chip's truck was stolen and overhauled behind his back. When I saw his reaction at SEMA, when he finally saw the truck in its finished state, and asking "Is that mine?", and hugging his dad, I started to get choked up as well.
Old 5/22/06, 07:36 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Come on fellas, it's not Extreme Make Over, Home Edition... It's Overhaulin. In all seriousness though, the one where Chip was overhauled was the closest I've come to having a emotional response to the show.

I wish that instead of covering the dang "pranks" so much they would go into detail why people were getting Overhauled and what makes them worthy.
Old 5/22/06, 11:14 AM
Bullitt Member

I think the Pranks are what make people "worthy" anyone who is put through the pain, I also wonder how many if any are wise to whats going on.
I retract that everyone is worthy the 05 Mustang GT they did last season was sold on E-Bay, I can't understand how they could do that to make a buck unless of course there were extreme financial hardship
Old 5/22/06, 01:29 PM
Team Mustang Source

Yeah, yesterday's marathon had me going there a bit, the double overhaul with the NAPA lady, that was a good one. But I agree, they could make the show a 1/2 hour show if they took out all the pranking. Most of 'em aren't really funny and the acting stinks. I'd rather watch more tech details about the car. Or just watch Foose draw. It's amazing what he does on a blank sheet of paper.

If I see that dude put in bubba teeth one more time...and of course, no chick that good looking would ever work at any of the places she pretends to work at. (duh)
Old 5/22/06, 01:32 PM
I Have Admin Envy

The nicest episodes are the ones where the car was a hand-me-down from their father who passed away. Its amazing to see grown men cry like little boys.

Project Overlord was a great one. Chip really deserved getting some sort of payback. From what I have read, he really seems like a genuinely nice guy.
Old 5/22/06, 01:42 PM
Team Mustang Source

Yeah, you think the guys at Boyd's would ever do something like that for him??? Maybe the opposite - take out one of his cars and trash it
Old 5/22/06, 01:47 PM
Cobra Member

I admit, I like to see people who deserve it and genuinely appreciate all the hard work that goes into it. I don't like it when they don't deserve it - like the ones they did with the celebrites, or when they don't appreciate it -- like the woman and her husband with the '05 Mustang.

I do get annoyed with Chris and the pranks. I say keep it an hour show, but show more building. Heck, even toss in a few building tips, or design reasoning/tips from Chip.
Old 5/22/06, 02:32 PM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I saw the Overlord episode for the first time last night. I normally don't cry at anything on tv and very rarely get watery eyes. But I'll admit that it was so touching what that truck meant to Foose and how his dad and the people involved kept saying how deserving of it he was, I may have had a tear or two escape. In some regards, it's kind of sad (not in the good way) how people value their cars and how obsessed they are about them. But on the other hand, it's good to have something you're passionate about and look forward to everyday or weekend or whatever. So, I can relate.

And other than the Mustangs they've done on that show, that truck they did for Chip was the NICEST one in my mind. My girlfriend and I both were loke "Wow!" when they revealed it.
Old 5/24/06, 03:23 PM
GT Member

I agree with the sentiment of less pranks, show me more of the work going on! I look forward to that and the reveal more than anything!

Tony D
Old 6/22/06, 09:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

I get teary when I see how they've ruined those classics...
Old 6/22/06, 10:20 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Originally Posted by CDGun
I think the Pranks are what make people "worthy" anyone who is put through the pain, I also wonder how many if any are wise to whats going on.
I retract that everyone is worthy the 05 Mustang GT they did last season was sold on E-Bay, I can't understand how they could do that to make a buck unless of course there were extreme financial hardship
She didn't deserve that Mustang anyway.