Old 6/1/05, 04:17 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/localnews/con...ser_video1.html
Old 6/1/05, 04:56 PM
Cobra Member

flame me if you want...but i think that cop had a chip on his shoulder (as did the suspect) and tazed her for his lack of patience. I would have to say on an scale of 1-10 10 being the most threatening of suspects she was probably about a 1 or a 2.

sure the lady was not being repectful, and needed to be a lot more numble, but she did not deserve to be tazed at that juncture. she was obviously being difficult, but i dont believe they need to taze her to get her to comply.

she definately had a set of pipes on her though....wow.

always in these tazing vids the cop shocks the living H E double hockey sticks out of a person (who has most likely never had the pleasure of 50,000 volts rushing through their body) and then demends the immobilized person to "put your hands behind your back! do it now! or i get to shock you again!) and they cant even move to do it, so guess what....they get tazed again!

I can see the need for tazing a serious threat....but not some 23 year old girl with an attitude...even if you cant stand her, and she IS disrespectful. I mean the cop wasnt exactly a peach to her either...
Old 6/2/05, 01:51 PM
GTR Member

ummm, yah, thats interesting
Old 6/2/05, 02:00 PM
GT Member

that's funny "i'm on the phone! oh, he's got a gun, he's going to shoot me!"
Old 6/2/05, 02:27 PM
Team Mustang Source

You know we just had an incident here where a guy was running from the cops (with a weapon, flaunting it at the officers). He apparently was involved in an armed robbery. Well anywho, after chasing him for a while the officers tazed him. Unfortunatley for the suspect he had a heart attack and died from it. The thing that gets me is the family of the suspect is trying to sue the police department now.

I'm thinking WTF. He was pointing his gun at them, they could have easily used justifiable lethal force but decided to try another way and it didn't quite work out. How is that the cop's fault? Because he tried to subdue the suspect without lethal force? Geez, those people are such trash!!!! HE WAS RUNNING YOU IDIOTS!!! :bang: I swear some people are so sue happy.

Rant done...
Old 6/2/05, 09:03 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

It's almost a year old, so I guess it's not bad that I kinda found that comical.
I'm not sure how I would've handled her if I was a cop, glad I ain't one.
Old 6/2/05, 11:13 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

OMG that woman was ASKING to have a felony stop. She opened the door, before the officer even had a chance to get out of his car! That in and of itself makes a cop VERY nervous, she is lucky he didnt get on a bullhorn and go through the full routine.

In addition, she kept running her mouth, leaning out the window, cursing... etc. For the first part of the exchange, he was amazingly tolerant of the ranting of this woman.

Here is an idea, if you want the cop to be as nice as punch to you do this EVERYTIME you get pulled over:

Shut off the ignition of the vehicle. (remove sunglasses if wearing them)
Place BOTH hands on the steering wheel, 11 & 1
Look the officer in the eye during the ENTIRE exchange, Say "yes sir, no sir"
BE HONEST!!! (i.e. "Do you know why I stopped you." "Yes, sir. I was speeding." We all know when we are doing it, and he knows that.
When asked for ID, etc, let the officer know where it is, before you retrieve it. i.e., "I am going to get my wallet out of my purse, and Reg out of glove box." Ladies, place your purse ON YOUR LAP, to retrieve any ID.

Never underestimate the power of SMILING, a little humor. I once got out of ticket because when asked "Do you know why you are being pulled over?" I looked him dead in the eye, laughed and said, "yep, you caught me dead to rights, I was doing 75." He said, "Hows your day going so far?" I said, "Not bad, not excited about the ticket... Hows your day?" He said, "Good. Your the nicest person I have pulled over in weeks. You slow down, and have a great rest of the day."

I know it sounds extreme, but having all kinds of LEOs around growing up, I learned the value of putting these guys AT EASE as soon as possible. If you stay relaxed, no attitude, even try to be a little nice, I would say 9 times out of 10 the stop will go much better. I have gotten reckless speeding knocked down to basic speed, heck, got caught by the same cop twice in one week (same spot) and he lectured me instead of ticketing me twice.

In addition, how many times does a person need to be told to do something? Seriously, this woman would have been hog tied and tazed here in Cali. She was warned 4-6 times before the officers took action.

No sympathy from me. She could have been calling a bunch of guys with guns... No one knows.

My $.10
Old 6/2/05, 11:54 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Amen
Old 6/4/05, 07:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

preach on Sister JR!!! I just don't get what is so hard about just being nice and cooperative. They put their lives in danger everytime they do anything, they never know who has a gun, a grudge against cops, is suicidal and wants to use the cops to off themselves, etc.

That woman's lucky I'm not the cop who pulled her over... but then again I'm a little unreasonably on the side of cops most the time, being the #1 advocate of giving cops more ability to use force. I've never seen police brutality, only idiots who deserve it. But that's just me, what do I know?
Old 6/4/05, 11:24 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by mizanin@June 4, 2005, 8:54 AM
preach on Sister JR!!! I just don't get what is so hard about just being nice and cooperative. They put their lives in danger everytime they do anything, they never know who has a gun, a grudge against cops, is suicidal and wants to use the cops to off themselves, etc.

That woman's lucky I'm not the cop who pulled her over... but then again I'm a little unreasonably on the side of cops most the time, being the #1 advocate of giving cops more ability to use force. I've never seen police brutality, only idiots who deserve it. But that's just me, what do I know?
Old 6/4/05, 02:29 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

John, I grew up in an area of West LA County, that was lets just say... unfriendly. I got pulled over, hauled out of my car, and all of my friends hauled out. Car pulled apart, I sat in cuffs on the curb.

Not once did I complain. Turns out, there was a car, exact same color, make, model as mine with a 17yr old female driver, and 3 male occupants, 17-19yrs old. They held up a liquor store, killed the owner. When they had realized we werent the "perps", they were VERY kind, apologized, and made sure if there was any damage to my car it would be taken car of.

We all know there are bad cops out there. But, I know for a fact that there are many more bad guys out there who deserve a little bit of "Baton Discipline". If the cops were allowed to use more force, you bet your hiney there would be a lot less resisting of arrests! These guys dont get half the amount of respect they deserve... yet the very same folks who are anti-cop are the FIRST ones demanding thier protection.

Maybe I just have a thing for uniforms...
Old 6/4/05, 02:41 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by JessicaRabbitt@June 3, 2005, 1:16 AM
OMG that woman was ASKING to have a felony stop. She opened the door, before the officer even had a chance to get out of his car! That in and of itself makes a cop VERY nervous, she is lucky he didnt get on a bullhorn and go through the full routine.

In addition, she kept running her mouth, leaning out the window, cursing... etc. For the first part of the exchange, he was amazingly tolerant of the ranting of this woman.

Here is an idea, if you want the cop to be as nice as punch to you do this EVERYTIME you get pulled over:

BE HONEST!!! (i.e. "Do you know why I stopped you." "Yes, sir. I was speeding." We all know when we are doing it, and he knows that.
When asked for ID, etc, let the officer know where it is, before you retrieve it. i.e., "I am going to get my wallet out of my purse, and Reg out of glove box." Ladies, place your purse ON YOUR LAP, to retrieve any ID.

Never underestimate the power of SMILING, a little humor. I once got out of ticket because when asked "Do you know why you are being pulled over?" I looked him dead in the eye, laughed and said, "yep, you caught me dead to rights, I was doing 75." He said, "Hows your day going so far?" I said, "Not bad, not excited about the ticket... Hows your day?" He said, "Good. Your the nicest person I have pulled over in weeks. You slow down, and have a great rest of the day."

I know it sounds extreme, but having all kinds of LEOs around growing up, I learned the value of putting these guys AT EASE as soon as possible. If you stay relaxed, no attitude, even try to be a little nice, I would say 9 times out of 10 the stop will go much better. I have gotten reckless speeding knocked down to basic speed, heck, got caught by the same cop twice in one week (same spot) and he lectured me instead of ticketing me twice.

In addition, how many times does a person need to be told to do something? Seriously, this woman would have been hog tied and tazed here in Cali. She was warned 4-6 times before the officers took action.

No sympathy from me. She could have been calling a bunch of guys with guns... No one knows.

My $.10

Agreed!! Very nicely put
Old 6/4/05, 09:49 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by JessicaRabbitt@June 4, 2005, 3:32 PM
We all know there are bad cops out there. But, I know for a fact that there are many more bad guys out there who deserve a little bit of "Baton Discipline". If the cops were allowed to use more force, you bet your hiney there would be a lot less resisting of arrests! These guys dont get half the amount of respect they deserve... yet the very same folks who are anti-cop are the FIRST ones demanding thier protection.

EXACTLY!!
Old 6/5/05, 05:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Faber@June 1, 2005, 6:59 PM
flame me if you want...but i think that cop had a chip on his shoulder (as did the suspect) and tazed her for his lack of patience. I would have to say on an scale of 1-10 10 being the most threatening of suspects she was probably about a 1 or a 2.

sure the lady was not being repectful, and needed to be a lot more numble, but she did not deserve to be tazed at that juncture. she was obviously being difficult, but i dont believe they need to taze her to get her to comply.

she definately had a set of pipes on her though....wow.

always in these tazing vids the cop shocks the living H E double hockey sticks out of a person (who has most likely never had the pleasure of 50,000 volts rushing through their body) and then demends the immobilized person to "put your hands behind your back! do it now! or i get to shock you again!) and they cant even move to do it, so guess what....they get tazed again!

I can see the need for tazing a serious threat....but not some 23 year old girl with an attitude...even if you cant stand her, and she IS disrespectful. I mean the cop wasnt exactly a peach to her either...
Actually, Faber, you're wrong. Cops DO know what it's like to get tasered because during their police training they are zapped for a good five second burst to know what it's like. They are also maced in the face to know what that's like as well. Every cop goes through this, no exceptions. They do this so they know what a victim is and is not capable of after the use of a nonlethal device has occured.

I will disagree with you that she was not a threat. Just because she is a female doesn't mean she isn't a threat (although most domestic violence laws are set up that way... but that's aniother debate for another time). There's an old saying - if a dog has a tooth, it can bite. Same goes for people. Does she have hands, legs, teeth? Then that woman can kick and scratch and bite the officer, unzipping one of his cheeks or taking a chunk out of his hand, scarring his face or body for the rest of his life. This may force the officer to take more violent measures with the female, like getting really physical with her. Then he has to justify in court why she's missing three teeth and he nose is broken. The taser was used in this case so that he did not have to get into a physical confrontation with the woman, protecting himself and herself from undue bodily harm. Her hands may twitch for a couple minutes afterwards, but otherwise no harm done.

She showed that she would fight back if he touched her ("Don't touch me!"). He had no other recourse. She would not listen, she would not cooperate, and she became defensive when he tried to physically remove her from the car. What did you expect him to do? Jump in the car and rip her out while she kicked and scratched him? She could have had a knife or a gun. The officer was only protecting himself.

Gauging how grandiose she was acting (she could have won an oscar) before she was tasered, I can guarentee you that 90% of that screaming was for dramatics, playing it up for a potential lawsuit. Why?

1. You cannot vocalize when you are shocked was a taser other than grunts and twitches.

2. You can clearly hear the "clicking" sound from the taser when it's discharging. It lasts for a total of 5 seconds for each burst. He didn't shock her excessively. Just enough to get her out of the vehicle.

3. Before the second shock, you can see the officer without the taser trying to grab her arms, but she is fighting them. So she has enough motor coordination/physical strength to try and stop the cop from putting the cuffs on, but doesn't have enough to put her hands on top of her head? Rrrriiiggghhhttt. If you believe that, I have a bridge to sell ya.
Old 6/5/05, 09:39 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by OBleedingMe@June 5, 2005, 6:40 AM
Actually, Faber, you're wrong. Cops DO know what it's like to get tasered because during their police training they are zapped for a good five second burst to know what it's like. They are also maced in the face to know what that's like as well. Every cop goes through this, no exceptions. They do this so they know what a victim is and is not capable of after the use of a nonlethal device has occured.

I will disagree with you that she was not a threat. Just because she is a female doesn't mean she isn't a threat (although most domestic violence laws are set up that way... but that's aniother debate for another time). There's an old saying - if a dog has a tooth, it can bite. Same goes for people. Does she have hands, legs, teeth? Then that woman can kick and scratch and bite the officer, unzipping one of his cheeks or taking a chunk out of his hand, scarring his face or body for the rest of his life. This may force the officer to take more violent measures with the female, like getting really physical with her. Then he has to justify in court why she's missing three teeth and he nose is broken. The taser was used in this case so that he did not have to get into a physical confrontation with the woman, protecting himself and herself from undue bodily harm. Her hands may twitch for a couple minutes afterwards, but otherwise no harm done.

She showed that she would fight back if he touched her ("Don't touch me!"). He had no other recourse. She would not listen, she would not cooperate, and she became defensive when he tried to physically remove her from the car. What did you expect him to do? Jump in the car and rip her out while she kicked and scratched him? She could have had a knife or a gun. The officer was only protecting himself.

Gauging how grandiose she was acting (she could have won an oscar) before she was tasered, I can guarentee you that 90% of that screaming was for dramatics, playing it up for a potential lawsuit. Why?

1. You cannot vocalize when you are shocked was a taser other than grunts and twitches.

2. You can clearly hear the "clicking" sound from the taser when it's discharging. It lasts for a total of 5 seconds for each burst. He didn't shock her excessively. Just enough to get her out of the vehicle.

3. Before the second shock, you can see the officer without the taser trying to grab her arms, but she is fighting them. So she has enough motor coordination/physical strength to try and stop the cop from putting the cuffs on, but doesn't have enough to put her hands on top of her head? Rrrriiiggghhhttt. If you believe that, I have a bridge to sell ya.
Well said!!
Old 6/5/05, 11:35 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by JessicaRabbitt@June 2, 2005, 10:16 PM

My $.10
yeah...you're right...she did desrve it.
Old 6/5/05, 07:58 PM
Bullitt Member

i must be the only one who saw that the police camera is mounted in a Zinc Yellow 03 Cobra. And she had it coming. If they would have physically removed her from the vehicle, she could have thrashed, and had bruises or broken bones. With the tazer there are no lasting effects, and having experienced neither, I would take tazing over mace any day.
Old 6/5/05, 09:02 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by PearBear@June 5, 2005, 9:01 PM
i must be the only one who saw that the police camera is mounted in a Zinc Yellow 03 Cobra.

I noticed it too, plus they said in the video it was a Cobra. Man, I wish my u/c car was that nice! :bang:
Old 6/5/05, 09:23 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

That's why I posted it in the first place= the yellow cobra Id be a cop If I could have a yellow cobra.
Old 6/15/05, 10:03 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Uh-oh...looks like the chic is trying to drum up the sympathy. Do I smell a law suit coming?

http://www.acurrentaffair.com/showdetail.php?eid=85

Quick Reply: Outta listen to Mr Cop!