Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Our Children are Becoming Indentured Slaves!

Search this Thread

Old 8/23/08, 09:33 AM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,861 Likes on 2,112 Posts
Our Children are Becoming Indentured Slaves!

http://www.americanmanufacturing.org/

I watched a Program on C-span Last Night and was shocked at Just How one sided our Trade Agreements are with other countries. This Information enraged me. We must get Involved and do all we can to get Balance back in our economic system. The way we are going our Children will be indentured slaves to our Debt. Our Government is ineffectual at best. We can make a Difference. I believe we must become knowledgeable about what is really going on and spread the word. We are Car people. We are United in our Love of Detroit Iron.So Lets work with our area of Interest CARS! Do we really want our Government to have to bail out The Big Three and spend our Tax Dollars or do we want to get involved and shift the Balance of Power back to the American Economy and our Auto Industry as a Start. An Auto is one of the Biggest Purchases an American Makes on a Regular Basis. We need to Stop Sending our Dollars to Countries that do not play by the rules of Free Trade. I know some of you also own Imports and that is the way it is. I am Not Suggesting you go out tommorrow and Sell your Import But I do Ask that when it is time to replace an Import you go Domestic.Bottom Line More American Cars More American Jobs. Yes I do Realize that some of the Domestics are outsourced but that is nitpicking. That is a battle futher Down the Road. On the whole Buying Domestic is better for Americans. Notice I am not pushing Fords only.Domestics people! we need Unity with All Domestic Makes! More Voices! I ask that you Share the above website with Friends and coworkers and encourage them to stop supporting these Countries. I ask that you Spread the word that we are Funding Countries that Cheat at Agreed upon Fair Trade Agreements. Our Government does not enforce these Agreements I bet in Part because we are So in Debt as a Country we are Borrowing Money From Them. The Way we are going China is going to Own us. They are probably the Biggest Offenders out there. They Pollute to the extent that at this Time 1/4 of California's Pollution is Coming From China. Their Employee's Have no Rights and are Basically a Slave Labor Force. They Sell us poison toys with Lead based Paints and Harm our Childern. How can we support this by Buying their Products. Put Some of that Passion you have for your Mustang into correcting a Great Injustice to Our Country, Ourselves and our Children. Can I Get your Pledge to Help? As a Start Post a Link to this Post on any website that would be receptive to this Information.

MGB,

KC

Last edited by 05stangkc; 8/23/08 at 10:10 AM.
Old 8/25/08, 09:34 AM

What's Next Imports in Nascar? Wait that Already Happened! Think about this Picture Long and Hard!

PLEASE READ PDF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KC
Attached Images  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Chinacheats.pdf (203.9 KB, 603 views)

Last edited by 05stangkc; 8/25/08 at 01:22 PM.
Old 8/25/08, 09:36 AM

PATRIOTIC TEE SHIRTS BY VOICE OF AMERICA TEES
100% American Made T-Shirts

<click on image to enter site>

"It should be the highest ambition of every American to extend his views beyond himself, and to bear in mind that his conduct will not only affect himself, his country, and his immediate posterity; but that its influence may be co-extensive with the world, and stamp political happiness or misery on ages yet unborn."
GEORGE WAShINGTON

Last edited by 05stangkc; 8/25/08 at 10:50 AM.
Old 8/25/08, 09:58 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So Kevin, what exactly is the point you are trying to get at?

Old 8/25/08, 10:03 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Being in the market to replace my Grand Am I have been looking at several different options. You will be happy to hear that my next vehicle will be a domestic one but that is purely based on what my needs are at this time. I will say though, if I was looking for a small, economical car, I would have to get an import.
Old 8/25/08, 10:24 AM
legacy Tms Member

Received 155 Likes on 118 Posts
i may gather some thoughts and make a comment later .. but i`m glad to have already live 75 % of my life rather than be young today and face a most uncertain future .. raising a future generation of politicians from scratch starting now may save the rest of you ..
Old 8/25/08, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by adrenalin
So Kevin, what exactly is the point you are trying to get at?

Our Children will be Left to Pay The Bills of Our Generation unless we make an Effort to Change the Things we can. When all the American Manufacturing Jobs have Gone I guess it will not Matter what we Drive Because we won't be Able to Afford Anything. As Far as The Biggest Bang for the Buck for Economic Change I feel the Automotive Industry is a Great Start. If we want to Really Send a Message, our Buying Power is it. If I can't get a Bunch of Die Hard Mustangers Fired up over Imports then we Truly are Lost! I am Very Disappointed over the Lack of Backing on this topic. My 18 Year old Son Gets it Big time. You would Think with the high Gas Prices more people would acknowledge that it is time to Stop Supporting Countries who Governments Trade Practices Crap on us on a Daily basis. Try to Open a Domestic Car Dealership in Japan. It won't Happen. I have read They will not even Let you buy the Property to do so. Sounds Like FREE TRADE! NOT!

KC
Old 8/25/08, 11:23 AM
Service Manager

Received 447 Likes on 221 Posts
Originally Posted by 05stangkc
Our Children will be Left to Pay The Bills of Our Generation unless we make an Effort to Change the Things we can. When all the American Manufacturing Jobs have Gone I guess it will not Matter what we Drive Because we won't be Able to Afford Anything. As Far as The Biggest Bang for the Buck for Economic Change I feel the Automotive Industry is a Great Start. If we want to Really Send a Message, our Buying Power is it. If I can't get a Bunch of Die Hard Mustangers Fired up over Imports then we Truly are Lost! I am Very Disappointed over the Lack of Backing on this topic. My 18 Year old Son Gets it Big time. You would Think with the high Gas Prices more people would acknowledge that it is time to Stop Supporting Countries who Governments Trade Practices Crap on us on a Daily basis. Try to Open a Domestic Car Dealership in Japan. It won't Happen. I have read They will not even Let you buy the Property to do so. Sounds Like FREE TRADE! NOT!

KC
I agree with you but we also need to make changes here as well in other areas.....for example, the Big 3 have made bad decision after bad and a Government bailout is only delaying the inevitable if their business practices don't change. Part of the problem is the Unions....once there was a real need for Unions but anymore many times it seems the Unions are only self serving and care nothing about the survival of a business....heck, they don't even really care about the Union members....this has always been where corruption lies and flourishes and they have a stranglehold on the auto makers which give Companies like Honda (who have a mfg facility literally 20 minutes from me) who are non union every advantage in the world.....and the answer is not to make Honda accept a Union...it is to realize the Union dinosaur is what is helping kill off the American auto manufacturer.

Walmart has successfully killed off THOUSANDS of small business owners and they are deeply rooted in China. Small business was the backbone of America and places like Walmart are bleeding this country dry.

Closer to home....when it comes to buying aftermarket parts many here are guilty of buying the cheapest product which are often offshore parts.....Ie: powerslot/powerstop rotors are chinese cast rotors.

People think short term and not with the big picture.....
Old 8/25/08, 12:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's my support . . .

Look at the "new to me" old car I just bought. Now that's what I call "Buy American". Not a Mustang, but I already have two of those in the family and an F150.

This is a 1969 Olds Cutlass, 350 V8 Rocket; it's currently on a boat coming to Germany. I should have it in my hands by mid-September.

Old 8/25/08, 12:07 PM

Paul!

Agreed! Right on the Money!

KC
Old 8/25/08, 12:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keep in mind that the "high gas prices" could affect those "off-shore" aftermarket items, when it comes to putting fuel in those boats. Possibly could bring some of them "business's" back in.

Just a thought
Old 8/25/08, 01:08 PM

N ever
A ny
F air
T rade for
A merica
Old 8/25/08, 01:12 PM

Bumper Stickers I would Like to See!

Friends Don't Let Friends
Drive Imports!

Buy Domestic!
The Job you Save
may be your own!

I buy Domestic
I support US Jobs!
Old 8/25/08, 01:18 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Originally Posted by svopaul
......Part of the problem is the Unions....once there was a real need for Unions but anymore many times it seems the Unions are only self serving and care nothing about the survival of a business....heck, they don't even really care about the Union members....this has always been where corruption lies and flourishes and they have a stranglehold on the auto makers which give Companies like Honda (who have a mfg facility literally 20 minutes from me) who are non union every advantage in the world.....and the answer is not to make Honda accept a Union...it is to realize the Union dinosaur is what is helping kill off the American auto manufacturer.

Exactly. I live in a town where the chemical industry is basically all we have. Lately the plants have been closing. We have lost out (this year alone) in close to 15 billion dollars worth of expansion simply based on the fact that it would cost too much to build here. Not because of materials, but because of what unions want to be paid and to pay their members. I have worked at most of the plants and finally decided to leave one last year. Well, ok, they announced they were closing the plant (sounds familiar these days) so I found a job before they closed. Anyway, I get tired of watching the union guys sit around doing nothing, getting paid more to sweep a floor than I get to manage over 4,000 computer systems. All this time when I was studying group policies, I should have been practicing using a broom. I would have made a lot more money!!!!!!!

Oh, and before I finish my rant, we lost out on a Toyota plant (cringe, I said an import word) because once again, the unions wanted too much **** money. So they built the plant a few hundred kilometers away. Until they change the wage and make it more reasonable, jobs are going to keep going overseas. It is not just automotive jobs, look at all the IT outsourcing being done in India.
Old 8/25/08, 01:27 PM

Trade Problems Blue Book PDF.
Attached Files
File Type: zip
tradeproblemsbluebook.zip (1.84 MB, 26 views)
Old 8/25/08, 01:32 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Bumper Stickers I would Like to See!

Friends Don't Let Friends
Drive Imports!

Buy Domestic!
The Job you Save
may be your own!

I buy Domestic
I support US Jobs!

Tough part for most people is knowing what is domestic versus what is an import. The Toyota plant I mentioned earlier is building cars in Canada for North America. So as far as I am concerned, that is a North American car. We can no longer think of the Big (well, use to be big) 3 as the only American made vehicles.
Old 8/25/08, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by adrenalin
Tough part for most people is knowing what is domestic versus what is an import. The Toyota plant I mentioned earlier is building cars in Canada for North America. So as far as I am concerned, that is a North American car. We can no longer think of the Big (well, use to be big) 3 as the only American made vehicles.
I understand your point. Toyota Assembles their Japanese Parts on American Shores. This is Certainly Preferable to other Quote Imports. It does Provide more American Jobs than others. But the Lions Share of the Profits go Overseas. You can Paint a Toyota with the Stars and Stripes but I for one will NEVER NEVER consider it a Domestic. And The Big Three do Not Build All of their Models in the US for that matter. But in the Bigger Picture it is in my opinion Far better to Purchase from the Quote Domestics. It's Also about fairness. How Many US Auto Franchises are in Japan?????? There are No Cut and Dried Absolutes in this Topic of Debate. But the BIGGEST BANG FOR THE BUCK for Our Economy is to Support Our Quote Domestics. We can Debate all the Fine Points and beat a Dead Horse Just Like Our US Congress and Never Accomplish Anything or we can Start Being part of the Solution by Not Buying From those who treat us Unfairly and do Not play by the rules. It can be an Easy or Difficult Task depending on the Individual. Do Some Research and See for yourself how we are selling out our country one purchase at a time.

KC

Last edited by 05stangkc; 8/25/08 at 02:02 PM.
Old 8/25/08, 01:48 PM
Service Manager

I'll buy an import!....Only providing it is THIS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpUgttPlEnI

Old 8/25/08, 02:04 PM

Ya but it's a FORD!
Old 8/25/08, 02:06 PM
Service Manager

Ya but it's a FORD!
Yes but it would still be an "import"....

Quick Reply: Our Children are Becoming Indentured Slaves!