Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

NFL Pre-season

Search this Thread

Old 9/3/04, 03:19 AM
GTR Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Do these games count towards anything or are they just "Friendlies"?
Old 9/3/04, 04:44 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just matchups- no points. Next Sunday is when the fun begins.

You can say- so and so defeated so and so in the preseason. BUT I have always believed a team is not going to pull out all their guns on games that count for nothing but bragging rights. Could be why the Giants smell again this year.
Old 9/3/04, 05:06 AM
GTR Member

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@September 3, 2004, 6:47 AM
Just matchups- no points. Next Sunday is when the fun begins.

You can say- so and so defeated so and so in the preseason. BUT I have always believed a team is not going to pull out all their guns on games that count for nothing but bragging rights. Could be why the Giants smell again this year.
WooHoo, there is hope yet!!

Thanks April!
Old 9/3/04, 12:54 PM
GT Member

They count when you lose a solid player for the season (Mike Anderson in on punt coverage with 2 minutes to go in the 4th quarter last week.......Great coaching again, Shanahan) :angry:
Old 9/3/04, 01:01 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Originally posted by AZOmae@September 3, 2004, 11:57 AM
They count when you lose a solid player for the season (Mike Anderson in on punt coverage with 2 minutes to go in the 4th quarter last week.......Great coaching again, Shanahan) :angry:
that was the stupidest any coach could have done. oh well, less of a threat for the Packers when they go to the Super Bowl ^_^
Old 9/3/04, 01:42 PM
GTR Member

Originally posted by thezeppelin8+September 3, 2004, 3:04 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (thezeppelin8 @ September 3, 2004, 3:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-AZOmae@September 3, 2004, 11:57 AM
that was the stupidest any coach could have done. oh well, less of a threat for the Packers when they go to the Super Bowl ^_^ [/b][/quote]
Thats what I'm taliknk about!!!!
Old 9/3/04, 02:17 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

haha I love the Packers but the real team is, you guessed it, the PANTHERS! Go Peppers!
Old 9/3/04, 02:52 PM
Cobra Member

Pre season is when the veteran players have a chance to get injured and the other players fight for their jobs. Most rookies, and some older players, get cut from the squad. It's a tough sport from all perspectives.

I suppose you could say that in that respect the games count, but once the teams enter the regular season, that's all that counts.

Last night my Chargers beat San Francisco, but they're (Chargers) picked last in the NFL. Who knows? That's why they play the games.
Old 9/3/04, 05:56 PM
GT Member

Yeah, and the Jags beat the Patriots 31-0.
Do you think that would happen in reg. season? I don't think so.

Cardinals beat Broncos 33-21. Regular Season? I don't think so.

Besides, the Cardinals went 4-0 in pre-season last year. They won 4 games during the regular season. Pre-season is a joke, but not to those guys fighting for a chance on the team. What they really need is a minor league system. I know that people will say, "well, what about WLAF?" or whatever they call it now. They really can't expand in Europe. Not enough appeal. "What about AFL?" Well, what about it? Sure Kurt Warner, but then what? Too gimmicky for NFL to take serious.

Bottom line, just play the people who are fighting for a roster slot. (Now, you'll say what about Veteran's reps? Don't they need to get warmed up?)
It's just a tug-of-war I guess.

Just rambling.