Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

NFL PLAYOFFS

Search this Thread

Old 1/16/05, 06:46 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so its going to be the Steelers Vs. Patriots for the AFC, and the Falcons Vs. Philadelphia for the NFC... we might see an all Pennsylvania superbowl
Old 1/16/05, 10:02 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by thezeppelin8@January 10, 2005, 8:36 PM

crap, I was near tears also
i've been in tears since we lost young

awww too bad Arin... Leinart is gonna complete his final year of eligibilaty at USC... maybe next year
crap crap crap. i was counting on that for next season

Arin,

Why do you think that the Rams are going to get there? They are probably the last team that I would pick...obviously, I like the Eagles, but I think that if the Eagles don't go, it'll be the Vikings.

Vick's arm isn't good enough to get them there, especially if they have to play the Eagles in the Conference Finals.

Bulger throws alot of interceptions and my perception of the Rams is that they turn the ball over alot...

Either way, the AFC is going to blow out whoever they face.
i didn't. i just wanna see those pesky rams get a well deserved hiney kicking

so its going to be the Steelers Vs. Patriots for the AFC, and the Falcons Vs. Philadelphia for the NFC... we might see an all Pennsylvania superbowl
crap again. colts no make it. i wanna see the steelers and Falcons. Mcnab pisses me off. and im tired of seeing the Patriots in the super bowl.

c'mon faclons! Vick, you'd better beat that dern Madden curse. its them or nuthin now. oh boy. its been a rough season for me
Old 1/17/05, 02:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by thezeppelin8@January 15, 2005, 8:05 PM
so the falcons are kicking some ram **** right now... hope they win it
I'm glad they won. Most of us Rams fans won't be happy until Martz is hanging from the Arch. Ok maybe a little much. How about just gone. The man is an ahole. He fired Shaun Landeta for no reason other than to prove his power and he hasn't realized that that is his problem. He micromanages every single aspect of the team and doesn't allow any of his other coaches to do anything. If you see the Rams in person they all look downtrodden and beat. But I can guarantee you that it has nothing to do with the Falcons and Everything to do with Martz. I say, bench Bulger, re-sign Warner (Giants were 5-2 until they benched him for Manning) and have Martz thrown in the Mississippi without a radiation suit. Just my opinion.
Old 1/17/05, 02:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by future9er24@January 16, 2005, 11:05 PM

Arin,

Why do you think that the Rams are going to get there? They are probably the last team that I would pick...obviously, I like the Eagles, but I think that if the Eagles don't go, it'll be the Vikings.

Vick's arm isn't good enough to get them there, especially if they have to play the Eagles in the Conference Finals.

Bulger throws alot of interceptions and my perception of the Rams is that they turn the ball over alot...

Either way, the AFC is going to blow out whoever they face.
i didn't. i just wanna see those pesky rams get a well deserved hiney kicking

Aw you're just angry because we can still beat the Niners when we stink.
Old 1/17/05, 03:07 PM
Post *****

that my friend was uncalled for. just cuz our QB needs exp and our line is still new. and our whole secondary was injured. its funny, the year where our kickers are flawless, the rest of the team falls apart. new model years always have their quirks.

and if you're out there Joe (you know who you are) you'd best come out of retirement. you threw pretty dern well in that F150 commercial. "you can doo eet"

same goes for you Mr. Lott. and Mr. Rice, being my lifelong idol, please come back to where you belong. we need you.
Old 1/17/05, 03:20 PM
Post *****

Talking

Mike Nolan. that name has new meaning. WE GOTS A NEW HEAD COACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :w00t:

and guess what, he went to woodside high school. and was the defensive coordinator for the Ravens
words cannot express my joy
:bowdown: :rock: :headbang: :spin: eace: :dance:
booyah!
Old 1/17/05, 03:23 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Truthfully I'm not a big football fan. I only watch when I get free Rams tickets from work. I am, however, happy that the Cards got David Eckstein and Mark Grudzielanek to replace Renteria and Womack. Only 31 days 18 hours and 40 minutes until pitchers and catchers report for Spring Training.
Old 1/17/05, 03:41 PM
Post *****

Originally posted by Maverick128 Posted: January 17@ 2005, 4:26 PM
I'm not a big football fan
:gasp: herecy! lol j/k
Old 1/17/05, 04:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Steelers vs Eagles ....

I've always wanted to see it!
Old 1/18/05, 04:52 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Tom Brady.............

Again.
Old 1/18/05, 06:02 AM
GTR Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I'n running out of teams to cheer for........... for me now.......Patriots as they are closest
Old 1/18/05, 06:08 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

What I wanna know is when I will see the Giants stop frigging up?!?

Eli Manning? Bad Idea. Kurt Warner? Worse Idea. Its almost enough to turn me into a yankees fan instead.
Old 1/18/05, 03:43 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

DING DONG, MOSS IS GONE!!!!!
Old 1/19/05, 12:55 AM
Mach 1 Member

The Eagles/Falcons game ("Battle of the Birds!") is going to be a tough one to pick...

Each teams strength on offense plays to the other teams weakness on defense.

That being said, I think it's going to be a low scoring game....and I'm leaning towards the Eagles just because there is no team that went to the Conference Championship 4 times and lost all four times.....

As for the Steelers/Patriots game....I like the Pats, for no other reason that experience.

Eagles/Patriots Superbowl....Pats win a closer game than people expect.
Old 1/19/05, 07:12 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by EleanorsMine@January 18, 2005, 7:11 AM

Eli Manning? Bad Idea.
But I am sooo good, I want lots of money! My daddy will try to control my career and get me more money. If he doesn't I will cry and hold out.

I am glad he did so crappy this year. Look at Big Ben. He did not get a huge contract and didn't out hold out because he did not want to play for a team (unlike Eli who elected to play for the crappier team). And Ben did way better. Plus he raked in some good bonus money. I believe he made more in bonuses than he did in salary.

I think more contracts should be incentive based. That would keep the whiners from sitting out becasue their big toe has a hang nail (like Deon Sanders - who I think is the Bud comercial character, or is that TO). You get a base salary. If you play more and get higher stats, then you get more money. You do crappy, you are only shooting yourself in the foot.

What is the incentive for some guy with a multimillion dollar contract to do any good. If you tack incentives onto multimillions, it isn't really incentive. Ah heck, I have already made millions this year, what is a few hundred thousand extra gonna do. I will sit out today since I am tired.
Old 1/19/05, 07:19 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Hence the fact I quit watching Nascar....

Maybe Peyton is good- but just because he's good means zip--a name doesn't buy you talent- ELI! Ergo- Kerry Earnhardt may be an Earnhardt, but it doesn't mean he can drive a car very well.

The Giants keep throwing it all away. I really hate it too. Smells to be a giants fan.

I do believe you are right. But I loooove the Leon commercials, because they are too true.
Old 1/19/05, 07:50 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by EleanorsMine@January 19, 2005, 8:22 AM
But I loooove the Leon commercials, because they are too true.
Yup, me and the wife get a huge kick out of them.

For me I am glad the Giants Stink. I am a true Redskins fan (Pittsburgh is my #2). So the worse they do, the better I feel. I feel the best when the Cowboys stink. I thought it was hilarious that it was a three way tie for 2 place in the NFC East. I know the Skins were still dead last though due to tie breakers and such. There was a time when the NFC East was a dominating division. One day it will be again.
Old 1/20/05, 11:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Kluski,

The NFC is going to get better and soon, I think....especially your Redskins!

Their defense is just outstanding and if they can get a couple of weapons on offense, they could be in really good shape. I'm thinking you're going to have to replace your quarterback though, he just doesn't give me loads of confidence...

Dallas is getting better, believe it or not, but they are still behind the 'Skins....and the Giants, I'm convinced, are going to get worse before they get better.