Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Natalie Holloway

Search this Thread

Old 6/14/05, 01:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
According to CNN today, seems someone stumbled on what might be evidence in the Natalie Holloway investigation. The investigators did not specify what items were found, but said they were 'of interest'. They are searching a beach near the hotel Natalie was staying at.

Old 6/14/05, 02:12 PM
Team Mustang Source

The last I heard was one of the suspects saying that "something went wrong."

I fear for the worst, and you know what, this just makes me angrier and angrier at that runaway bride. She played it like a joke and here this poor girl is really missing
Old 6/14/05, 02:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

yea, I even heard some media saying "maybe she just ran away!"

Because of the runaway bride, now when people are missing, that will always be thrown out. Of course, it could be an option, but hopefully people dont just assume a missing person is really "ok". You never know when you could have possibly saved someones life but failed b/c minutes ticked away.

I pray she is OK --- and I pray for her family. These will be the longest days of their lives. I could not imagine not knowing where one of my girls were. And to have the possibility of them being taken for good would be unbearable.

If she is murdered, its so senseless --- so sad.

Old 6/14/05, 02:37 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Shes from here-about 20 minutes from me. The news is nuts on it.
I am not enjoying hearing about it.
Old 6/14/05, 02:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

yea, here too, shes originally from MS.
Old 6/14/05, 02:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

The scary thing was that she was on a chaperoned school trip there. My HS used to do that too. Very scary. Even though you think you're child is safe, these things can happen. I think a lot of schools will probably be cancelling any further spring break trips for fear of the safety of their students.
Old 6/14/05, 03:06 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Chaparoned my tail.. that was a excuse for a few parents to get a trip to aruba. There was 7 chaparones and what 100 kids?
Old 6/14/05, 03:08 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by Scothew@June 14, 2005, 3:09 PM
Chaparoned my tail.. that was a excuse for a few parents to get a trip to aruba. There was 7 chaparones and what 100 kids?
That's it.....I know my kid wouldn't have went with that few chaperones....
And all the drinkin and stuff that went on.
Old 6/14/05, 03:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Scothew@June 14, 2005, 3:09 PM

yea, that is what I said, IMO A few parents WANTED to go, and they went. Prob in the light of things now, they are considered "chaperones" but they were there for themselves, not to watch the 18 year olds.

Yea, 7 chaperones, and I think it was like 148 kids? Im not sure.
Old 6/14/05, 03:36 PM
GT Member

dont just blame the chaperones, because they equaled the student/teacher ratio of their school. her friends are just as guilty for not asking her where she was going and keeping an eye on her.

plus, with her being so young and able to drink, she probably didn't have much experience being drunk and knowing what she could handle or not handle.

another thing that gets me, is people saying how she's a great student, a great kid, she MUST have been drugged b/c she wouldn't go off with some guys. I call BS on that, because you never know how a kid is going to act when they finally get freedom. I went to college with plenty of "straight A, good kids" that ended up failing out b/c they didn't know how to handle their freedom.

it is sad, and the best results is if she were found alive, but I think dead is second (sounds bad i know), but its better than being sold into slavery like some people were speculating.
Old 6/14/05, 03:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

it doesnt matter how 'book smart' you are... put an 18 year old in another world, and allow them to drink, and there is no telling what could happen.

Old 6/14/05, 07:02 PM
Cobra Member

So sad, but so true. We've all been there.
Old 6/14/05, 07:35 PM
Queen Of Nascar

I've been to Aruba and I made some friends on different message boards. A couple of the boards are closed down right now because of all the specualation. For awhile, I was getting pretty good info straight from Aruba. One of the parents had posted that there was 125 kids and 7 chaperones. She said her daughter told her they had set times of the day to check in and that was pretty much it. The kids were left to do as they pleased as long as they had the funds to finance it.

I wish they would find her dead or alive so the family can have some peace. I found Aruba to be much safer than say Jamaica. I hope it does not affect there tourism too much. There are alot of hard working nice people there.
Old 6/15/05, 01:54 AM
GTR Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I agree with the drinking thing. I have been legally able to drink since I was 18, but last year, I was in LA for St Pats day, and a group of 18 yo's managed to get into a bar on fake ID's. I have never seen carnage like it. They were rolling drunk within 1/2 hour and passed out within an hour......... If this is what was happening in Aruba, I think we may have seen the consequences...
Old 6/15/05, 07:18 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Back in the day, I lived in San Diego. I crossed the border regularly......And had to be carried back over it from "enjoying" the laws down there...

My infatuation with alcohol ended shortly after it became legal for me to drink.