Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

IN N OUT

Search this Thread

Old 12/24/04, 04:48 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok I mentioned this in a thread over in the 05 forum on a link that started about a drag racing game and times everyone was getting. So my question is how big of an IN N OUT burger can you eat in one sitting? My personal best so far is a 10 by 10 with fries and a xtra large coke. Although I have eaten an 8 by 8 and a 6 by 6 one after the other in one sitting, but apparently that doesnt count because they are seperate burgers. Now I am not a big guy, I am 5' 11" and 145-150 lbs, so I know there has to be someone else out there that can top me. My friend by the way did a 12 by 12, I have yet to try but some day perhaps.
Old 12/25/04, 01:50 PM
Cobra Member

Haven't heard of that place...sounds interesting... (SoCal I'm guessing?)

Once made it through a two pound burger... (6', 165lbs )
Old 12/25/04, 01:52 PM
Cobra Member

Ah here it is...IN N OUT

So, I guess I did a 4x4
Old 12/25/04, 11:54 PM
I'm people, and I like.

i've never gotten over the double cheese lol... but they are the best!
Old 12/27/04, 10:16 AM
I'm people, and I like.

i got an In-n-Out $5 gift certificate from my family. it will be spent wisely on a double cheese, animal style fries, and a shake
Old 12/27/04, 10:31 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Wish we had cool stuff here..........

We do have A&W though- dangerous for me- those onion rings and bacon cheeburgers........and fresh root beer.........As Joe Dirt would say- DANG
Old 12/27/04, 10:58 AM
I'm people, and I like.

read this (this is why In-n-Out is the greatest!:

"At In-N-Out Burger, freshness is everything. That’s why in a world where food is often chemically processed, prepackaged and frozen, In-N-Out makes everything the old fashioned way.
Our hamburgers are made from fresh, 100% pure beef. They are free of additives, fillers and preservatives of any kind, and we buy only chucks, the front ribs and shoulder. No other parts are ever used. Our butchers carefully hand-cut and grind the beef in our own facility at which point the patties are shipped directly to our stores in refrigerated trucks by our own drivers. This way we have total control over the production of every burger.
Our commitment to freshness doesn’t stop there. Our lettuce is hand-leafed. Our American cheese is the real thing. And we use the plumpest, juiciest tomatoes we can find. All of our ingredients are delivered fresh to our stores. In fact, we don’t even own a microwave, heat lamp, or freezer. We even bake our buns using old-fashioned, slow-rising sponge dough. And we make every burger one at a time, cooked fresh to order.
Of course, what's a great burger without great fries? At In-N-Out, we know a french fry is only as good as the potato it comes from. That’s why we use the highest grade potatoes and ship them fresh from the farm. Then we cut them right in the store, one potato at a time. And cook them in 100% pure, cholesterol-free vegetable oil. To top it all off, we also make our delicious shakes from real ice cream – just like we used to make at the first In-N-Out back in 1948. We wouldn’t do it any other way. Because when it comes to burgers, fries and shakes, getting fresh is a good thing."

this place is so freakin' fresh, that it even got a reccomendation from anti-fast food media, like the movie Super Size Me, and the author of Fast Food Nation.
Old 12/27/04, 11:03 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

http://www.awrootbeer.com/corp_location.htm

I bet I could convert ya.....
I live at this one here:
PELHAM AL 3310 PELHAM PARKWAY 35124
Old 12/27/04, 12:40 PM

They are not even close in all categories....people that haven't been to an IN N OUT just dont know until they tried it. I have known many people that have come from out of town and say "Oh we have something like that back home, it's the best" then they bite into IN N OUT and all agree NOT EVEN CLOSE. A & W way off in my oppinion. And I am not the biggest IN N OUT fan, I know people that are nuts about it, I personally think there are better burgers out there, probably not at a fast food place, but it is definately unique, never tasted anything like it. Back to the topic, HOW MUCH CAN YOU EAT??????
Old 12/27/04, 01:32 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@December 27, 2004, 11:06 AM
http://www.awrootbeer.com/corp_location.htm

I bet I could convert ya.....
I live at this one here:
PELHAM AL 3310 PELHAM PARKWAY 35124
i might go when my g/f stops by this weekend and try them out
Old 12/27/04, 11:09 PM
Cobra Member

I didn't even know that In and Out had different size burgers. I'll have to check them out. It was only a couple of years ago that I found out about their protein style burgers.

In and Out is by far the best fast food burger around. The nearest one to me is 30 minutes away, and it's more than worth the trip. When i lived in carlsbad there was one on my way home from work near a Mickey D's. In and Out was always crowded, while the other place was semi deserted, and for a good reason.

I'm getting hungry just thinking about it!
Old 12/27/04, 11:24 PM

yeah the first number is the number of patties of meat you want and the second is the number of slices of cheese, so a 10 by 10 is ten patties of meat and ten slices of cheese, and they will make whatever you want, you can even get your fries animal style, or your burger protein style (no bread just wrapped in lettuce), grilled cheese, donuts, donut holes, flying dutchman, veggie burger (burger no meat) or any combination of these and much, much more.

Wheres Nevada City? I live in Carlsbad, just 2 minutes from the IN N OUT (in Aviara if you know where that is)
Old 12/27/04, 11:40 PM
Bullitt Member

I had the pleasure of experiencing an In-n-Out in Scotsdale AZ a few years ago ... if they had them in Florida I'd be there four times a week, awesome burger.

Do they still have Fatburgers out there? Had one when I was in LA when I was little, remember it being really good but it's been almost 20 years heh
Old 12/28/04, 09:47 AM
I'm people, and I like.

Originally posted by matic@December 27, 2004, 11:43 PM
I had the pleasure of experiencing an In-n-Out in Scotsdale AZ a few years ago ... if they had them in Florida I'd be there four times a week, awesome burger.

Do they still have Fatburgers out there? Had one when I was in LA when I was little, remember it being really good but it's been almost 20 years heh
me and my g/f were about to go to a fat burger a couple of days ago, but we went to Red Robin instead... i hope we go their this weekend, i could smell the chili from outside, and i LOVE chili. mmmm... fatburger and a&w this weekend, its gonna be a good couple of days

In-n-Out has a secret menu, but it seems they have even more secret stuff!
what are the doughnuts? and the doughnut holes? are they real doughnuts?
and what the heck is a flying dutchman?!?!?!
Old 12/28/04, 02:21 PM

Yeah their website with the secret menu is lame, they have a whole lot more... including a hotline number that you can call 24/7 and tell them where on earth you currently are and they will tell you where the nearest IN N OUT is and give you directions, and its a live person. The donuts are when they take the burger bun punch a whole in it , throw it in the frying vat and then put powdered sugar on it, just like a donut...almost, but it tastes decent, and the holes would be...well the holes they punch out. A flying dutchman is a tribute to the owners son, who passed when he was a kid. He would always order a miniture version of the double double with no bread, lettuce, tomato or onion, just plain meat and cheese. They are about half the size of a normal patty. There is a lot more, but I cant remember all of the names, and some of them I remember the names I remember but dont recall what they are...like a "drive by" only valid through the drive thru, or one of my favorites is a vanilla shake with coke syrup, no carbonated water, just the syrup, sounds foul but very good. There are also supposedly 2 types of fries...havent asked but I can ask next time I am in and will report back.
Old 12/28/04, 04:30 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Cool

Originally posted by rrobello@December 28, 2004, 2:24 PM
Yeah their website with the secret menu is lame, they have a whole lot more... including a hotline number that you can call 24/7 and tell them where on earth you currently are and they will tell you where the nearest IN N OUT is and give you directions, and its a live person. The donuts are when they take the burger bun punch a whole in it , throw it in the frying vat and then put powdered sugar on it, just like a donut...almost, but it tastes decent, and the holes would be...well the holes they punch out. A flying dutchman is a tribute to the owners son, who passed when he was a kid. He would always order a miniture version of the double double with no bread, lettuce, tomato or onion, just plain meat and cheese. They are about half the size of a normal patty. There is a lot more, but I cant remember all of the names, and some of them I remember the names I remember but dont recall what they are...like a "drive by" only valid through the drive thru, or one of my favorites is a vanilla shake with coke syrup, no carbonated water, just the syrup, sounds foul but very good. There are also supposedly 2 types of fries...havent asked but I can ask next time I am in and will report back.
WHOA!!!! that is sooooo cool!!!

if they had that stuff on the normal menu, i dont think i would be so excited LOL.
i want to try all of that stuff... try to find out about the other stuff, please!
Old 12/29/04, 07:11 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by rrobello@December 28, 2004, 12:27 AM
yeah the first number is the number of patties of meat you want and the second is the number of slices of cheese, so a 10 by 10 is ten patties of meat and ten slices of cheese, and they will make whatever you want, you can even get your fries animal style, or your burger protein style (no bread just wrapped in lettuce), grilled cheese, donuts, donut holes, flying dutchman, veggie burger (burger no meat) or any combination of these and much, much more.

Wheres Nevada City? I live in Carlsbad, just 2 minutes from the IN N OUT (in Aviara if you know where that is)
I'm halfway between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe, 30 minutes from my nearest In and Out, and I'm going through withdrawal reading about all this.

I lived in the NW part of Carlsbad. I had a condo in Windsong Cove until my divorce, then an apartment not far from Carlsbad Village Drive. I miss that area.

I'd like to hear more about their their secret menu. I learned about the protein style from a friend...
Old 12/29/04, 10:44 PM

OK here are some more...

Wish Burger- hamburger with out meat AKA Veggie Burger
Grilled Cheese- Wish Burger with 2 slices of melted cheese
Double Double- 2 patties of meat 2 slices of cheese
3x3- 3 patties of meat 3 slices of cheese
(these numbers can go up to whatever you want to order, Ive eaten a 10 by 10 and at the IN N OUT in Carlsbad here someone ordered a 100x100; probably as a joke: first number is # of meat patties and the second is # of slices of cheese, both do not have to be the same number ie. 3x4)
100 by 100: Legend has it that this was ordered by a group of four celebrating a birthday.
500 by 500: An unconfirmed order made by a fraternity
Double Meat: like double double with out cheese
Animal Style: bun is grilled with mustard, sauteed onions instead of raw, pickles, extra "special sauce"
Animal Style Fries: same as with burger but on fries
Protein Style: lettuce wrapped around the burger instead of a bun
Flying Dutchman: two meat patties with two slices of cheese, nothing else, no bun, nothing. Its really small too
Fries Well Done: get your fries extra crispy and brown the way you like them
Choco Vanilla Swirl Shake: just what it sounds like
Neopolitin Shake: a blend of chocolate, vanilla and strawberry shakes
Fries Light: fries cooked for less time than usual
Old Fashioned Style: No Special Sauce, Ketchup and Mustard Instead **!! NOTE: There is NO such menu item as "old-fashioned style". After having tried and failed to order a burger this way, I learned that if you don't want the special sauce just say "Ketchup instead of sauce" OR "Ketchup and Mustard instead of sauce".
On the Sal: This is just lettuce and dressing. Nothing else.
Flyby or Home Run: This is when a car passes by the microphone without ordering and cruises right up to the service window.
Crispy - Stick a toothpick in it and deep fry the whole burger - lettuce and all
Donut- poke a hole in the bun, fry it, and then sprinkle powdered sugar on it
Donut Hole- the punched out part, fried and sprinkled with powdered sugar
And then that one I mentioned with the shake and coke syrup, can not remember the name but it does exist, and it is good, I am going there tonight so I will ask, the NOOBS to the job do not know most of these, but the guys that have been around a while know everything about the place....all managers had to start out at the bottom rung and work their way up and then must transfer to a different location then they worked at prior to becoming a manager and they get paid really well and have been with the company a long time.

BIBLE PHRASES:These appear on the wrappers and containers at IN N OUT
REVELATION 3:20 (burger and cheeseburger wrappers): Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

JOHN 3:16 (soda cups): For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

PROVERBS 3:5 (milkshake cups): Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

NAHUM 1:7 (Double-Double wrapper): The LORD is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; he knows those who take refuge in him.

JOHN 14:6 (water cups): Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Old 12/29/04, 10:55 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Originally posted by rrobello@December 29, 2004, 10:47 PM
OK here are some more...

Wish Burger- hamburger with out meat AKA Veggie Burger
Grilled Cheese- Wish Burger with 2 slices of melted cheese
Double Double- 2 patties of meat 2 slices of cheese
3x3- 3 patties of meat 3 slices of cheese
(these numbers can go up to whatever you want to order, Ive eaten a 10 by 10 and at the IN N OUT in Carlsbad here someone ordered a 100x100; probably as a joke: first number is # of meat patties and the second is # of slices of cheese, both do not have to be the same number ie. 3x4)
100 by 100: Legend has it that this was ordered by a group of four celebrating a birthday.
500 by 500: An unconfirmed order made by a fraternity
Double Meat: like double double with out cheese
Animal Style: bun is grilled with mustard, sauteed onions instead of raw, pickles, extra "special sauce"
Animal Style Fries: same as with burger but on fries
Protein Style: lettuce wrapped around the burger instead of a bun
Flying Dutchman: two meat patties with two slices of cheese, nothing else, no bun, nothing. Its really small too
Fries Well Done: get your fries extra crispy and brown the way you like them
Choco Vanilla Swirl Shake: just what it sounds like
Neopolitin Shake: a blend of chocolate, vanilla and strawberry shakes
Fries Light: fries cooked for less time than usual
Old Fashioned Style: No Special Sauce, Ketchup and Mustard Instead **!! NOTE: There is NO such menu item as "old-fashioned style". After having tried and failed to order a burger this way, I learned that if you don't want the special sauce just say "Ketchup instead of sauce" OR "Ketchup and Mustard instead of sauce".
On the Sal: This is just lettuce and dressing. Nothing else.
Flyby or Home Run: This is when a car passes by the microphone without ordering and cruises right up to the service window.
Crispy - Stick a toothpick in it and deep fry the whole burger - lettuce and all
Donut- poke a hole in the bun, fry it, and then sprinkle powdered sugar on it
Donut Hole- the punched out part, fried and sprinkled with powdered sugar
And then that one I mentioned with the shake and coke syrup, can not remember the name but it does exist, and it is good, I am going there tonight so I will ask, the NOOBS to the job do not know most of these, but the guys that have been around a while know everything about the place....all managers had to start out at the bottom rung and work their way up and then must transfer to a different location then they worked at prior to becoming a manager and they get paid really well and have been with the company a long time.

BIBLE PHRASES:These appear on the wrappers and containers at IN N OUT
REVELATION 3:20 (burger and cheeseburger wrappers): Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

JOHN 3:16 (soda cups): For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

PROVERBS 3:5 (milkshake cups): Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

NAHUM 1:7 (Double-Double wrapper): The LORD is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; he knows those who take refuge in him.

JOHN 14:6 (water cups): Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
WOW!!!!
that is a lot of stuff! i really wanna try that shake with coke flavoring, sounds tasty...
i remember my freshman year in college in my public speaking course, a girl taked about in-n-out and how her family was part of "the family" and then talked about the bible phrases in their food wrapping and cups. i had never noticed them until she brought them up. i thought it was a really good idea
Old 12/30/04, 01:49 AM

Just got back from IN N OUT.....note the coke thing noobs wont do it, they dont know how. Just tell them they need to line the cup up with the dispenser to only catch the syrup before it mixes with the carbonated water, you can do this yourself if they have a self serve...most do. BEWARE it makes a mess and it depends on the type of fountain station they have. Also anything that they need to fry other than fries, they might not do...due to health violations, cross contamination and stuff. So if you want the donuts or crispy than get to know your IN N OUT staff, or go late or talk to someone that has been around a while and gets a kick out of doing stuff like that. Going late closer to close is best, because they are going to dump the vats soon anyways. So things like that are not officially part of their secret menu as IN N OUT as a company sees it (as are most things: just look at their official "SECRET MENU" on their website, but it is more of an unspoken agreement to a secret menu that they all know about), but they will do it if you ask nicely.