Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

MP3 player question

Search this Thread

Old 1/20/05, 11:20 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I am going to buy a portable MP3 player, and I have been researching the different brands from I-pods to the creative line of players. I am confused by one thing though, is there any difference between these 2 creative versions, besides battery life and the front face design?

Zen extra

Zen touch

Friend of mine said that the touch could play DRM'ed music while the extra is just for straight mp3/wma etc.. but I don't see that anywhere on the website.

Anyone with experience with either model that can chime in?

Thanks!
Old 1/20/05, 02:51 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
cool i have the Zen Extra. gets a good 14 hours of life depending on how many special effrects you use (speed up, slow down, various echoes, effects)

but be wary, there was a recall i think on the first version. if you get the extra, get the one in the smaller package, with less extra plastic around the unit itself. the first one (that got recalled) had a significantly larger package, you could see the player from outside the box and there was a good 4-5 inches of plastic beteween the player and the edge of the box. the image explains.

if you get the newer version, its great. i had the bad one, it stopped working and i exchanged it for the new one. dont worry, i doubt the old packages would still be in stores. overall better value than a iPod, JMO. ipods are like $400. this was $200. 30GB for only that much aint bad

dunno about the touch though.

hope that helps a bit

EDIT:in case its confusing, the red is the box, blue is plastic n black is the player.