Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Man Saves Dog From Mustang

Old 5/12/15, 04:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man Saves Dog From Mustang

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...rest/27174399/

I think the owner went too far. Then again, I grew up with dogs in my parents house so I can't imagine leaving a dog in a car,especially without cracking a window even slightly.
Old 5/12/15, 07:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Oh wow I didn't know dogs have a 5 minute heat limit, I better stop going on a 3 mile walks on a summer day with my dog, the heat will kill it and suffocate it in no time! *sarcasm***

Seriously the guy is at wrong here, you can call someone out when they come back, but the pictures of the dog dont even show it in distress, not even salivating like crazy when they get really hot. Lady said 5 minutes, and the other witness stated as " longer then 5 minutes" ..... what the hell you mean by that? was it 6 minutes, was it 8? was it 15min, 20min... 76 hours maybe? Be specific stupid woman, your not making your or his case any better.
Unless the dog is passing out or it was really long period of time, in which the guy could of at least went to the store and try to contact and find the owner, he probably passed by that car, seen a dog, waited 2 minutes and went stupid and broke the window.
In the end both parties are just lack of common sense, owner didnt crack the windows even for a short walk to the store, the other guy carried his rescue without assessing the situation carefully, braking the window would of been the last of options here, he chose wrong.
Police was called in in the first place, why not wait and just keep an eye on the dog?... I got nothing more to say.

Last edited by =HYPERDRIVE=; 5/12/15 at 07:13 PM.
Old 5/12/15, 07:32 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
If it's above 70* I will break the window of any vehicle with an animal inside. You can call it whatever you want, don't really care. There is no excuse for that sort of treatment of an animal.

People who value vehicles over animals shouldn't own animals. Problem solved.
Old 5/12/15, 09:32 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 587 Likes on 421 Posts
Can't believe people still leave dogs in cars with the windows up in hot weather. Don't know exactly when this happened but its been hot down here over the last week. 90 during the afternoon.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 5/12/15 at 09:33 PM.
Old 5/12/15, 10:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by =HYPERDRIVE=
Oh wow I didn't know dogs have a 5 minute heat limit, I better stop going on a 3 mile walks on a summer day with my dog, the heat will kill it and suffocate it in no time! *sarcasm*** .
Being stupid AND cruel is no way to go through life, son. Read a book, and if you can't grow a brain, try to grow a heart.

"Parked cars are deathtraps for dogs: On a 78-degree day, the temperature inside a parked car can soar to between 100 and 120 degrees in just minutes, and on a 90-degree day, the interior temperature can reach as high as 160 degrees in less than 10 minutes."

http://www.peta.org/issues/companion...s/dog-hot-car/
Old 5/14/15, 03:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
That may be true in a hardtop, but convertibles don't heat up anywhere near that fast.

That said, I follow the rule "If you wouldn't leave a baby in there then why would you leave a pet?"
Old 5/14/15, 05:30 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
Occasionally my dog is in the cab of my truck, but i ALWAYS leave windows completely down or ALL FOUR halfway down plus sunroof and rear slider...on a normal day. Plus he's always got fresh cold water in a spill proof container.
Just don't leave any valuable items in the car/truck.
If it's a hot day then i open up the box and let him relax in open air, with water, a partially closed tonneau for shade and a bed. If you aren't willing to put the effort in to ensure his safety and comfort then leave him at home! Too many morons around.
INCLUDING people who rush to break windows.
Old 5/14/15, 05:32 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Leave the owner in the car with the windows up.
Let the dog shop at his leisure.

Problem solved.

The dogs furry friends lack the manual dexterity or thumb to save the babbling human from imminent suffocation or heat exhaustion.
Old 5/14/15, 06:16 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Getportfolio
Leave the owner in the car with the windows up.
Let the dog shop at his leisure.

Problem solved.

The dogs furry friends lack the manual dexterity or thumb to save the babbling human from imminent suffocation or heat exhaustion.
BRIAN!
Attached Images  
Old 5/14/15, 06:17 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by Joeywhat
If it's above 70* I will break the window of any vehicle with an animal inside. You can call it whatever you want, don't really care. There is no excuse for that sort of treatment of an animal.

Except cats. I mean they're cats.
Old 5/14/15, 06:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by kingofsting
Being stupid AND cruel is no way to go through life, son. Read a book, and if you can't grow a brain, try to grow a heart.

"Parked cars are deathtraps for dogs: On a 78-degree day, the temperature inside a parked car can soar to between 100 and 120 degrees in just minutes, and on a 90-degree day, the interior temperature can reach as high as 160 degrees in less than 10 minutes."

http://www.peta.org/issues/companion...s/dog-hot-car/
Sorry bro, its a valid point and all, but i just can't take it seriously when you link PETA.

Seriously though, I wouldn't think too much about breaking a window for a baby or a dog, but I think its only not being an ******* to see if the owner is nearby if the dog is not in immediate distress.

Last edited by SplitSecond; 5/14/15 at 06:44 PM.
Old 5/15/15, 06:14 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Except cats. I mean they're cats.
Old 5/16/15, 12:33 AM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Joeywhat
So if there's a dog in the road and a car to my left and a car to my right and no way I can brake and slow down I ahould swerve and hit one of the other cars and save the dog?

Don't get me wrong if there's a way I can save my car from damage I would but the blood will wash off at the car wash.
Old 5/16/15, 12:54 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
So if there's a dog in the road and a car to my left and a car to my right and no way I can brake and slow down I ahould swerve and hit one of the other cars and save the dog?

Don't get me wrong if there's a way I can save my car from damage I would but the blood will wash off at the car wash.
Don't be obtuse.

Obviously a collision with another vehicle (or a tree or whatever) puts yours and others lives at risk. Breaking a window in a parked vehicle does not.
Old 5/16/15, 07:18 AM
Post *****

I thought I was being "a cute"