Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Little things which annoy the heck out of you...

Search this Thread

Old 6/15/05, 02:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, so maybe I woke up a little tired and tetchy this morning. Two tiny things which just irked me, please excuse my rambling.

Please post any seemingly harmless little thing/s which pi$$ you off.

1) Turned the tv on (nice plasma widescreen this week at the Hilton - glad they're using my money well!) to wake myself up a bit after the alarm call, and there it is, one of my currently most-hated commercials -

woman gets loaded up with packages to mail out from her colleagues, then sits/hides behind them (the boxes) to eat her toasted Subway sandwich. The USPS guy comes to pick up the boxes for her, and she goes "Shhhh...I'm at the post office...". The point of the commercial being that everyone dumps their packages on her ( ) so that she has to go to the post office and deal with getting them mailed out, but (ho ho ho), USPS will actually come to pick em up for you. All well and good, but HOW IS SHE AT THE POST OFFICE WHILST HIDING BEHIND ALL THE STUFF SHE'S SUPPOSED TO BE MAILING OUT?!?

2) I work on floor 5 of 8 in our office. There are 4 elevators in the building, in a corridor - two on one side, two on the other. I have an 0830 meeting everyday on floor 8, but only 2 of the 4 elevators go to floor 8, the other two end on floor 7. All 4 elevators work off the same set of call buttons, meaning it's a lottery as to which elevator will arrive - maybe one which'll get me to 8, maybe one which ends on 7. Only the "near-side" elevators go to 8 - two which face each other. So, get this, the only floor I've ever seen a sign alerting people as to which elevators go up to 8 is the 7th - one wall, between the two elevators which are next to one another, has a sign saying "To get to floor 8, use the elevator on the left", and of course the other wall has it's mirror - "To get to floor 8, use the elevator on the right". THIS IS THE ONLY FLOOR IN THE BUILDING WHERE PRESSING THE 'UP' BUTTON ASSURES YOU OF CALLING AN ELEVATOR WHICH WILL GO UP TO THE 8TH FLOOR!
Old 6/15/05, 02:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

because all of her coworkers believe she is at the post office she has extra time to eat a sandwhich. i wouldn't eat a sandwhich....i would go home you know how long the GD post office takes if you have alot of packages?
Old 6/15/05, 03:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by stoic21@June 15, 2005, 2:56 PM
because all of her coworkers believe she is at the post office she has extra time to eat a sandwhich. i wouldn't eat a sandwhich....i would go home you know how long the GD post office takes if you have alot of packages?
Yes, but the if the packages are on her desk, how is she at the PO? What is she mailing out? She can't hide behind the packages she's supposed to be mailing...

Dmn commercial works me up just thinking about it!
Old 6/15/05, 03:15 PM
Queen Of Nascar

She's getting paid to go to the post office. Heck I volunteer to run the errands to get OUT of the office.
Old 6/16/05, 04:48 PM
GT Member

How about the people who see a 'right lane closed ahead' sign, and keep going, even after they see the blinking <<< sign. They wait until they almost hit a pileon until they say, "hey Jim, I think that this lane is closed, you'd better signal left and cut off whoever is there" which in most cases is me. Don't worry. I get them back with the 23 second car horn.

How about the people who hold their cigarettes out of the 3 inch crack at the top of the window, because they don't want their precious car smelling like smoke. "Not my car!" But at the same time they stink of smoke, and their yellow teeth don't mask a thing. "Boy. Jim looks and smells like heck, but his car sure smells great!" And I love the smell of the smoke trail that seeps into my car's ventilation system. Oh, and don't use the ashtray in your 'smoke free' car when you're done either. Just keep flicking the cigarettes into the road or into dry vegitation. I'm sure that several displaced families will be saying, "I'm glad the house burned down. We needed to move anyways."

And last but not least, the slow walking mall family. Thanks for stopping right in front of me to point out that Abercrombie has a sale on cordouroy socks, but they don't come in green, and then continue at your snails pace, spreading out the 8 members of your family across the 20 feet of walking space. Much appreciated.
Old 6/16/05, 04:54 PM
FR500 Member

things that annoy me

1) People who drive slowly
2) Snobby preppy people
3) When photoshop freezes up
etc, etc
Old 6/16/05, 05:25 PM
Team Mustang Source

People who are easily annoyed.

:P
Old 6/16/05, 05:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

A couple of driving peeves.

1. People who stop in the middle of the road, then put their blinker on as they turn.

2. When I pull up behind a car at a stoplight and the light turns green and the car finally decides it'll put it's left turn signal on now that I'm too close to go around it.

3. People who don't understand the whole "left lane for passing only" concept on 4 lane highways. It's like sometimes cars will get side-by-side and see who can go the slowest. And when they finally get around the other car they don't get outta the way of the traffic behind 'em. Frikkin idiots, gosh!!!
Old 6/16/05, 07:30 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
people who think they sing well but sound like cows being maimed.

people who think they are the greatest at everything ever (except for me of course, because i actually SO know everything ever)

people who dont shut up when you want them to

George

people who act tougher than they are

people who are prejudice against tall people

crappy pizza

people who are ignorant

people who dont know jack didly about cars and then try and sound cool by saying a bunch of things that sound complex (BUT ARE WRONG!!!!)

George

people who wont accpet that they ARE wrong

slow computers

when you see the same commercial more than once on a single commercial break

when you see the same rerun two days in a row

George

ricers

when old drivers can see over the wheel

when i microwave something and it lookes and feels hot until i bite into it and then the center is still cold

frozen foods that take more than 15 min to cook

homework of any sort

finals

forgetting peoples names when they're right in front of you and are holding a box of pizza

George

dealers who makr up their 05 mustangs (even just the sixers) by $8K+

Honda

rainy days

cacti

younger siblings

did i mention George?

people who think all american cars are crap

people who think Japanese cars are gifts from God and that they never ever break

people who think BMW is superior to everything in every way

unfrinedly neighbors

typos

people who think all teenagers are spwans of satan (well in some cases...)

and thats all i could think of for now, but im sure there are more

EDIT: also, April's almost witty comments
Old 6/16/05, 09:04 PM
GTR Member

I think Arin wants to be adopted by george
Old 6/16/05, 09:41 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Arin and George Sittin in a tree...........

Old 6/17/05, 07:47 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Credit Scams- like what happened to me......

Idiots who don't know how to use the merge lane on the interstate(it isn't a stop sign, its a merge lane)

Soccer Moms

Snobby Folk

People who have everything handed to them without working for it....When I work my tail off for everything I have.

The scary Burger King

Heights

Suvs and Minivans

Those Stickers that tell what sport your kid does stuck to said Minivan and SUV

Dumptrucks
Old 6/17/05, 11:14 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by AZOmae@June 16, 2005, 4:51 PM
How about the people who see a 'right lane closed ahead' sign, and keep going, even after they see the blinking <<< sign. They wait until they almost hit a pileon until they say, "hey Jim, I think that this lane is closed, you'd better signal left and cut off whoever is there" which in most cases is me. Don't worry. I get them back with the 23 second car horn.

And last but not least, the slow walking mall family. Thanks for stopping right in front of me to point out that Abercrombie has a sale on cordouroy socks, but they don't come in green, and then continue at your snails pace, spreading out the 8 members of your family across the 20 feet of walking space. Much appreciated.
Yep! I hate those jerks who drive up like that - or use lengthy exist-lanes to fly-by slow traffic and cut out of the lane only when the solid white line appears!

Mall Family! Grrrr. And when they reach the top of the escalator and discuss whether they actually want to go up/down. Get the heck outta the way and debate it, fat-hiney!

People who stop to have a conversation in a doorway.

Commercial break, then return to programming only long enough for the presenter to say "Coming up, after the break...", and then cutting to another commercial break.
Old 6/17/05, 11:31 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

MERGE LANES!
The other day An obliviot got to the bottom of the merge lane and STOPPED nearly causing the 3 cars behind her to hit her(me being the 4th). THEN she put on her TURN SIGNAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and finally went when the coast was clear.

This being the merge lane where I normally fly down it like Earnhardt at 80...Its straight down and tons of fun to play with.
Old 6/17/05, 12:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

People that stand in the grocery line watching the cashier ring up EACH purchase, then after they are told the total, takes the checkbook out to start writing it out....

what were you busy doing the last 10 minutes???? Oh, and now you can't find your pen either!!???!!

sorry -- just had a flash back from yesterdays experience........ dagnabbit woman!
Old 6/17/05, 12:21 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Or to extend that.........

When they STAY there for ten minutes after their stuff is checked and bagged getting everything in their purse situated just right...ALL BEFORE they put their stuff in their cart.
Meanwhile your stuff is rang up and the morooon in front of you won't get the hades out of your way.

Or further- when people congregate in aisles chatting- with their carts blocking the way of you.....
Old 6/17/05, 01:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@June 17, 2005, 12:24 PM
Or to extend that.........

When they STAY there for ten minutes after their stuff is checked and bagged getting everything in their purse situated just right...ALL BEFORE they put their stuff in their cart.
Meanwhile your stuff is rang up and the morooon in front of you won't get the hades out of your way.

Or further- when people congregate in aisles chatting- with their carts blocking the way of you.....

:scratch: were you at walmart too last night?? LOL
Old 6/17/05, 01:24 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Spring steel leaf rakes on concrete... Skreeeeetch....Skreeeeeeetch..

And being in any long line for awhile only to have the moron in front of you to finally look at the menu/screenings/whatever when they get to the cashier.
Old 6/17/05, 01:34 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by southern_stang_girlee@June 17, 2005, 1:03 PM
:scratch: were you at walmart too last night?? LOL
As a matter of fact........
Old 6/17/05, 03:08 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Mustang folk who don't wanna play with Eleanor....

Last night I had a prime opportunity. A redfire 05 pulled up to the light next to me.....I revved...Looked over. Turned green and I was GONE before he had started going.

AND to figure, there is a green older vert around here who engages me at every opportunity. Unfortunately its modded and beats the snot out of me everytime we "play"

Quick Reply: Little things which annoy the heck out of you...