Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Life is fragile

Search this Thread

Old 1/18/06, 10:26 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Last night was probably one of the worst evenings of my life. My parents came down to visit and told me some very bad news. My cousin had been murdered on Saturday. They waited to tell me because the details were very sketchy at first, and they still are somewhat. All we know is that this girl that lived in his apartment complex shot him. It was an apartment complex for the deaf.

At first the realism just didn't hit at all. It seemed just surreal, kind of like my imagination playing a game on me. As my parents told me I just got angrier and angrier. I was so furious that I felt as if I could have pulled the trigger on that person who took his life.

Then this morning at work I just broke down, I thought of all the things I should have said and should have done.

But now I realize that you just can't focus on the "wouldas" and "shouldas" but on the things that you did do and enjoy.

The reason I am writing this is that I want everybody to stop and think for a moment, think of what life would be like without your loved ones. Then I would like you all to just realize how important they really are and how much you love them. Tell them how much they mean to you, tell them that you love them. Enjoy every second of life, because it is so fragile and delicate and can be taken away from us in a heartbeat.

That's all...

Andy
Old 1/18/06, 10:33 AM
Cobra Member

Andy
I am sorry to hear about your loss. A lot of us have had tragedy in our lives and it really makes you stop and think. It will be hard for a while, I know but eventually you will get back to normal. if you need to talk, fell free to call. In the meantime, your family will be in my prayers.
Ed
Old 1/18/06, 10:43 AM
FR500 Member

thats terrible, man.....i'm so sorry about your loss....I hope his killer is brought to justice
Old 1/18/06, 10:48 AM
Team Mustang Source

Thank you all. I think I'm fine but I am really concerned for my Aunt and Grandparents. I don't pray a lot but I sure did last night.
Old 1/18/06, 11:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

Andy, very well put. Sorry to hear about your loss, but if you do have faith, know that it will help you through this hard time. I try to tell my loved ones I love them as much as I can, but probably not as much as I should. Thanks for sharing your pain, and we'll keep your family in our thoughts and prayers.
Old 1/18/06, 11:34 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Andy, I'm terribly sorry to hear this. Like others have said, you'll get through it. The best thing you can do is be strong for your family, they are the ones that need you the most.

Im here if you need to talk, you know how to get in touch.

Scott
Old 1/18/06, 12:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. Try to be there for your Aunt-let her talk about it if she wants to. People are afraid their loved ones will be forgotten, let her know her child will be remembered. Prayer is good, even if you're out of practice. My cousin died in a car wreck years ago.It took a while,but now I think of her and all that we did and I laugh and smile. She is always with me!
Old 1/18/06, 12:37 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 123 Likes on 90 Posts
Andy, I am so sorry for your loss.

You have clearly taken in something important and special from this tragic death. Keep it with you always and you will honor your cousin's memory. People will learn from your experience. As a result, your cousin's death with not be a pointless one.

It cannot begin to overcome the loss you must all feel. Nor should it. But it is something to carry for the future.

God bless you and keep you and your family. Prayers are winging their way to you.
Old 1/18/06, 12:51 PM
GTR Member

Hey man, sorry for ur loss, if u need anything I'm here. I greatly appreciated how good you were to me back in June when my grandfather passed away. anything u need man, anything just tell me.

-Doug
Old 1/18/06, 08:02 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
As others have already said, I am also sorry to hear about your loss. I don't pray anywhere near as much as I should but tonight I'll make sure I do, for you and your family.
Old 1/18/06, 08:12 PM
Cobra Member

My heart goes out to you man. I know how you feel. My sister was Murdered back in 97' while I was in college. I broke down and had to withdraw from college and returned the following year with a new head on my shoulders. Take your time with this.
Old 1/18/06, 08:29 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
I offer my condolences and sympathy to you and your family. I know exactly how you feel. Time will somewhat soothe the wound although it will never heal since the gap will always be there. This is a time when one has to maintain strength, perspective, and a very clear head. There is nothing which can be done at this time but there will be opportunities to even up the score. Life is fragile, and the world is very small. Take it slow.
Old 1/18/06, 09:14 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by 1999 Black 35th GT@January 18, 2006, 12:51 PM
Thank you all. I think I'm fine but I am really concerned for my Aunt and Grandparents. I don't pray a lot but I sure did last night.

Been there. I wish you and your family peace and comfort.
Old 1/19/06, 12:02 AM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
OMG andy... im soo sorry to hear that

things like this really make me doubt my beleifs of human goodness sometimes. i hope you and your family are alright, and just remember, we're here for you man.

well, i pray pretty often, and you, your cousin, and the rest of your family will be in my prayers. losing a loved one is quite possibly the worst feeling in life, and im sorry to hear that it happened to you. just try and remember all the good times you and your cousin have, and keep his memory alive.

my sorrow and condolences to you and your familia

take care bro
Old 1/19/06, 05:06 AM
Bullitt Member

Sorry for your loss. Try to take solace in the love that you have for your cousin and keep him alive in your heart.
Old 1/19/06, 07:47 AM
Team Mustang Source

I just wanted to say thank you all. Last night I prayed again, and this time I did it thanking God for all of you good people.

It's gonna take a while I'm sure. And it's unfortunate that I can't make it to the funeral but my family and I will pull through. Sometimes I think about how he was taken from us and it angers me but like all of you said, I just have to remember the good things.

God bless all of you.

Andy
Old 1/19/06, 10:30 AM
GTR Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Andy, My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Old 1/19/06, 11:04 AM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Andy, my sincere condolonces to you and your family

In the last year I've also gone through a very difficult loss, the only advice I can give to you is stay strong for your family. Even though it may pain you, do your best to help carry the burden of loss for the rest of the family. Try your best to keep your aunt, uncle and grandparents strong.

I wish you the best
Steve
Old 1/19/06, 11:14 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Andy, I'm very sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and your family. If you feel like talking, I'm hear for you brother.