Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Is it just me or...?

Search this Thread

Old 5/15/06, 06:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it just me or...?

Is it just me or are there barely any new posts anymore since the new upgrades were done? I check day in and out and see the same ones. Where ever1 be?
Old 5/15/06, 06:47 AM
GT Member

Is NOT you as I see the same as you.
Old 5/15/06, 07:05 AM
Team Mustang Source

I think some people have just moved on...

Have you heard the term "beating a dead horse"... (not a mustang)

How many times can you discuss the same topic, over and over and then 3 to 6 months later, someone posts the same topic again... I realize that there is a lot of new people, but what happened to the search feature. Maybe it doesn't work, since the upgrade.

I use to look forward to logging on every day, but now maybe once a week.

When you do post, there is always some wise guys who put you down anyway, so why even bother...

By the way, I think this will be my last post...
Old 5/15/06, 07:09 AM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It usually dies down in the summer. All the guys who spent the cold winter sitting infront of their computer now have their cars on the road.
Old 5/15/06, 07:47 AM
Big Falken Tires

I think its a combination of things - I truthfully think that some of the hardcore post-every-day folk don’t come on here as often or at all anymore after all the website downtime, and the ups and downs of ‘is the site UP today or isn’t it?’ They have gone elsewhere. I also know that some folks are a bit peeved after spending time creating these huge posts to detail what they are doing or have done to the car, maybe last year or a few months back, and since the switch over, all pictures that were implanted in the post (if you don’t simply link them from an outside website) are –POOF- history. That’s a bit annoying.
Comparing the site to when I first started, I see two things – (A) any total amount of new posts for the day are usually harder to see as the site is more segmented since say, start of 2005, and the mods stay on moving threads to their appropriate area. (B) Back in late 2004, people hadn’t even GOTTEN their S197 yet – it was a whole new ballgame with people desperate and scrambling for the latest info and to see pics when people FINALLY got their cars. Do you remember that day you’d log on and finally see the color YOU were going to order with the stock WHEELS you wanted? (took me forever to see a black with bullitts….. J ) Then when the cars started showing up in people’s driveways, it was seeing what the newest accessories and mods were and so on…. FLASH forward a year and the Stang is not the rare, brand new thing it was back then. People have settled in with their cars and they are definitely more commonplace – and new mods that people don’t know about are coming at a slower pace now. Most people pretty much know what’s OUT there for the new Stang now.

So whereas before it was a whole ‘we’re all in the same boat’ group dynamic thing with people wrapped up in the new stang and all info regarding it, it is now the more regular type car forum – compare how many locked threads or multipage online arguments there were then compared to now and you’ll see the difference.
Old 5/15/06, 08:20 AM
Bullitt Member

Burke, I think you got it there, when I first got on board in Jan. 05 everything was new and mysterious, now its more or less tidbits about our lives with the new Mustang...which isnt a bad thing at all, most of the names on the board are like familiar old friends anymore
Old 5/15/06, 08:22 AM
Team Mustang Source

I know for me the whole server up/down thing turned me off. I don't check the site as much as I did and it's turned me on to other Mustang sites. I'm still not feeling the new interface even though it's not that much different.
Old 5/15/06, 08:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

I have to go along with the above. Guess it is time to go back to my old favorite Mustang forum. At least they dont change things every week or lose threads you have been following. Oh well. Maybe I will check back in a few weeks. If not, it was fun while it lasted.
Old 5/15/06, 08:43 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k5GTC
I have to go along with the above. Guess it is time to go back to my old favorite Mustang forum. At least they dont change things every week or lose threads you have been following. Oh well. Maybe I will check back in a few weeks. If not, it was fun while it lasted.
What threads have been lost? I can see threads and posts going back as far as April 2004. Do you have some further back than that you were following?
Old 5/15/06, 08:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

The ups and downs of the site kept me away a little bit but the main culprit was workload in the real life. They're trying to change the site for better, so I can deal with the growing pains, it's not like I pay to be here so I feel that I really don't have a reason to complain.

I think more along the lines of Burke. I got my car Nov 04 and while I still check in regularly, I don't reallyhave much to contribute. I don't have the budget to be on the leading edge of aftermarket parts and am not inclined to do a wholesale renovation anyways. So I check in every once in a while to see if anything cool has come out and try to keep tabs on a couple things that interest me, like the B&M shifter or the flush quarter window louvers.

It's all good though. I'll be coming here prob in 2015 when our cars are archaic and maybe only 2 or 3 people I remember from "the beginning" are still around. Maybe we'll be answering questions for second or third owners at that point.
Old 5/15/06, 09:28 AM
Bullitt Member

Hey everyone, Burke0011, hows everyone? Well this is my first login sice all the changes. I guess ther there are good and bad changes, good board, speed and all, bad that some things are lost. I guess all the stripe spreadsheets with all the pictures of everyone stripes and all that are gone huh?
Glad to see some familiar names again. I guess I have to get my sig and avitar set up all over again. Well Im still a regular reader, though maybe not as often. Im still looking forward to Birmingham in Sept, big TMS/MCA meet.
Old 5/15/06, 09:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

I guess all are valid points. What keeps me going is every now and then I'll get a new idea in my head and see if any1 else has done the same thing to their car. Hence the posts keep me interested and give me new ideas n stuff.
Old 5/15/06, 10:09 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

I think Burke has pretty much nailed it. I still thoroughly enjoy this site and I'm glad they switched to VBulletin...it'll be better in the long run.
Old 5/15/06, 10:32 AM
Big Falken Tires

Originally Posted by runfox
Hey everyone, Burke0011, hows everyone? Well this is my first login sice all the changes. I guess ther there are good and bad changes, good board, speed and all, bad that some things are lost. I guess all the stripe spreadsheets with all the pictures of everyone stripes and all that are gone huh?
Glad to see some familiar names again. I guess I have to get my sig and avitar set up all over again. Well Im still a regular reader, though maybe not as often. Im still looking forward to Birmingham in Sept, big TMS/MCA meet.
Hey man!
How you doin'?
Yeah I am still really looking forward to Sept....

I might be up at my Pop's place in Deltona in late June or so - I will let you know and give you a shout when I do!
Old 5/15/06, 10:47 AM
Queen Of Nascar

I've made some really cool friends here so I'll keep visiting, but just as Dave said theres just not much new info anymore here or anywhere else.
Old 5/15/06, 11:11 AM
Bullitt Member

I'm just waiting for my '07 to be built. Hopefully by this time next month it will have been built or at least scheduled. Dang....these next few weeks are gonna drag by.

Chip in SC
Old 5/15/06, 12:08 PM
Team Mustang Source

I think this a natural lull which would have happend regardless of the server change. Once people start getting their 07's, than there will be IMO an increase in posts. For those who have gone thru the buying and mod stages, probably not much action. I scan the site daily but my post number has decreased. Still think this is the best site- if you need help chances are you going to get people who will do their best to assist
Old 5/15/06, 05:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Donna
I've made some really cool friends here so I'll keep visiting, but just as Dave said theres just not much new info anymore here or anywhere else.
I agree with you Donna! I have a much easier time posting my pictures and downloads on the Allfordmustangs.com site. And also the BMC site. I think I'll visit time to time, But for some reason it's just not the same as before. I have meet alot of good people here! even some of the sponsors threads are not showing.
Old 5/15/06, 05:25 PM
Cobra Member

Well said Dave...I remember the first good pic of a black 05 I saw here. She was parked on a big open grassy area and kept me up nights thinking about her...lol

This was my favorite site but all the down time forced me to find an alternative site that happens to be more supercharged orientated, so I guess it all worked out. There does seem to be a lot more donkeyholes on here now but I guess that just comes with growth. I have made some good friends here that I hang out with in the real world so for that I'm thankful for TMS...
Old 5/15/06, 06:07 PM

re:

I've gotta say I've stopped coming here as much because there just isn't as much to learn about the new Stang. Plus the down time was really irritating. I trust that those problems are fixed now.

Stangnet didn't satisfy my Mustang needs.

Quick Reply: Is it just me or...?