Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Just curious.. wisdom Teeth?

Search this Thread

Old 7/21/14, 10:26 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Just curious.. wisdom Teeth?

Tonight my lower right wisdom tooth just started coming in. And I'm going on vacation in 3 weeks from Saturday. And I'm starting school on the 20th. How long were you out of work/school when you had yours removed? I am going to have my dad call the oral surgeon tomorrow and see if they can fit me in before my vacation and I will be able to somewhat eat solids.

P.S.Now I can see why babies scream so much when teething. It F*cking hurts! Also I have to work 8 hours tomorrow. And I have to deal with customers. I might just leave work early because I'm in so much pain. Oh and btw I was hoping I got my Dad's genes he has his wisdom teeth but they never came in. Figures mine decide to come in when I turn 22. This is my first wisdom tooth as well.
Old 7/21/14, 10:30 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
I played floor hockey the same day... No reason you can't be back to work or school in a couple of days.
Old 7/21/14, 10:36 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Joeywhat
I played floor hockey the same day... No reason you can't be back to work or school in a couple of days.
But I'm a baby though. I don't take severe pain well. And this pain right now with one just coming in is pushing it a bit
Old 7/21/14, 10:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Both my sisters got theirs removed, only out 4-5 days. Their teeth grew in normally.

It depends on how your wisdom teeth grow. Did your tooth come in normal or impacted?

I have a consultation later this week to so I can get an appointment to remove all 4 of mine. 2 top wisdom teeth will be simple, but my bottoms grew in impacted, so they'll have to cut/grind my gums up pretty good to get them out.
Old 7/21/14, 10:47 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by KushBandit
Both my sisters got theirs removed, only out 4-5 days. Their teeth grew in normally.

It depends on how your wisdom teeth grow. Did your tooth come in normal or impacted?

I have a consultation later this week to so I can get an appointment to remove all 4 of mine. 2 top wisdom teeth will be simple, but my bottoms grew in impacted, so they'll have to cut/grind my gums up pretty good to get them out.
I have no idea. I'm going to see if my dad can call and make me an appointment for a consultation this week.And I'm hoping I can get into surgery sometime next week. So I can enjoy my vacation.. Fingers crossed.
Old 7/22/14, 06:29 AM
Cobra R Member

It really didn't hurt me that much. Sort of like a bad tooth ache.

Just stick with "normal" painkillers and it shouldn't be an issue. If the pain is that much of an issue for you then either harden up or stay home for a few extra days. It's really not that bad (all of mine were impacted as well, and required some decent surgery to remove).

Taking hardcore pain killers might dull the pain more but it'll put you out of business for sure.
Old 7/22/14, 01:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Mine was no joke... Got mine out last year and The intensity of the pain lasted at least a week and a half. But then again my wisdom tooth was in sideways almost.

The painkillers they gave me were crap, never helped my pain, after going through two refills and repeatedly calling the dentist to get something strong all they did was tell me that should work... Yeah thanks, while I'm in agony from my tooth ache.

All I can say is I hope your experience is better than mine, and yo have your own home remedy to take on the pain.
Old 7/22/14, 01:31 PM
V6 Member

I was out four days. I didn't feel anything till about 6 hours after the surgery when the anastesia wore off. I got my left upper and lower pulled. They wanted to do all four now I regret not having done it. The pain wasn't to bad.
Old 7/22/14, 02:50 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,199 Posts
I got all 4 of mine pulled before they started giving me trouble. Did it on a Friday and was back to work on Monday. They were impacted and ingrown.
Talk about pain?!? No pain before, but AFTER.
I got local anesthesia and it took 1 and a half hours from start to finish. They had to break and tear the teeth. Ever hear that before? The most brutal sound you will hear. They had to cut muscle as well. I was in pain after that for almost a week. They gave me Percocet, but I was working around heavy machinery and could not take them. Took Advil instead which didn't do much. I also had to eat soups and light foods because chewing wasn't much of an option.
The crazy part was seeing the teeth being pulled from your face with the flesh and muscle all hanging around it.
But,......other than that,.......it wasn't too bad.
Old 7/22/14, 03:01 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The pain isn't bad, but no solid food for at least 4 days, and make sure to rinse after you eat.
Old 7/22/14, 03:22 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
It depends on how they're growing in and why you need them removed. The variation seems to be all over the place from person to person.

2 of mine had to come out in pieces. +1 on that being the worst sound ever. By the last tooth I was maxed out on whatever they were numbing me with. So it was either come back another day for just the one tooth, or man up and deal with the pain as they pulled it. It hurt like a *****, but I wasn't gonna come back for just 1 more tooth that was already started.

I couldn't eat real food for just a couple days. They gave me Tylenol 3 for the pain, which is worthless, so I just got drunk instead of taking the pills. Aside from occasional pain and not being able to eat, I was back to normal as soon as I walked out of the Dr's office.
Old 7/22/14, 04:22 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by shurtual86
The pain isn't bad, but no solid food for at least 4 days, and make sure to rinse after you eat.
I am getting it done on Thursday but I only have 2 (lower right and upper left). They gave me a pill that will make me calm that I take an hour before and they will give me laughing gas. But I'm taking off Thursday and Friday. But I'm hoping I'll be okay for work saturday and Sunday. Then I'll be off for Monday and Tuesday. So I can relax and sleep. lol

Also, I am going to eat solid food at the beach(We leave August 9th) I'll just be sure to swish with salt water after I eat to get any food left inside my holes. My Dr thinks I'll have an easy recovery. Since I only have two

Last edited by MustangLover2013; 7/22/14 at 04:23 PM.
Old 7/26/14, 09:56 PM
V6 Member

Update: I had the surgery done on Thursday. It was only 20 minutes. I know really short. But my Surgeon had been doing this for a long time. Anyways,my left side isn't giving me any problems. But my right side is! I can't open it very wide. I guess I also bit the inside of my cheek while numb. So now I have like loose flesh on the inside of my cheek. Which is making it hard to talk and open and close my mouth. I did do the hot towel on jaw and open your mouth wider every time. Didn't help but I did take a hot shower and it helped. But now its back to where it was. I tried to eat Mac and Cheese barely ate any cause I couldn't open my mouth wide and it hurt to chew. I JUST WANT REAL FOOD! I have lost 5 lbs already because all I've eaten is a couple of those popsicles in the tube (you probably had them when you were a kid) and some milkshakes. If I could find a spoon that could fit in my mouth.
Old 7/26/14, 10:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by MustangLover2013
Update: I had the surgery done on Thursday. It was only 20 minutes. I know really short. But my Surgeon had been doing this for a long time. Anyways,my left side isn't giving me any problems. But my right side is! I can't open it very wide. I guess I also bit the inside of my cheek while numb. So now I have like loose flesh on the inside of my cheek. Which is making it hard to talk and open and close my mouth. I did do the hot towel on jaw and open your mouth wider every time. Didn't help but I did take a hot shower and it helped. But now its back to where it was. I tried to eat Mac and Cheese barely ate any cause I couldn't open my mouth wide and it hurt to chew. I JUST WANT REAL FOOD! I have lost 5 lbs already because all I've eaten is a couple of those popsicles in the tube (you probably had them when you were a kid) and some milkshakes. If I could find a spoon that could fit in my mouth.
what a coincidence, I had mine done Friday, I had all four, they gave me the same pill, and put me to sleep. At least I'm not the only one here, I've just been eating applesauce and those soft Keebler crackers, I've also tried eating ripped up chicken and (slowly) French fries, it's hard because you have to eat with your front teeth, I'm just looking foreword for it to heal.

Last edited by Supersnake04; 7/26/14 at 10:14 PM.
Old 7/26/14, 10:39 PM
Cobra R Member

Fruit smoothies are nice for post wisdom teeth removal food. Toss in some protein powder as well.

Stick to fruit that doesn't have small seeds so they don't get stuck in the wound.
Old 7/26/14, 11:46 PM
V6 Member

Fruit smoothies are nice for post wisdom teeth removal food. Toss in some protein powder as well.

Stick to fruit that doesn't have small seeds so they don't get stuck in the wound.
I got stitched up.. So I don't have a "wound" He had to cut mine out and I was awake for it. Luckily I was to loopy to realize what he was doing. And I hardly bled at all. Now I just gotta get over this cheek and jaw thing and I'll be 100% again
Old 7/26/14, 11:50 PM
Cobra R Member

Those seeds will still get stuck in there. Just sayin', it's a real PITA to keep it clean with those seeds sticking around in there.
Old 7/26/14, 11:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

I got stitched up.. So I don't have a "wound" He had to cut mine out and I was awake for it. Luckily I was to loopy to realize what he was doing. And I hardly bled at all. Now I just gotta get over this cheek and jaw thing and I'll be 100% again
how are you doing with yours? Mine have been bleeding, and it feels like the stitches are pulling in the skin sometimes.
Old 7/26/14, 11:58 PM
V6 Member

Those seeds will still get stuck in there. Just sayin', it's a real PITA to keep it clean with those seeds sticking around in there.
Considering all I've been eating is Ice pops( those ones in the tubes) and milk shake. Oh and I had three noodles on Mac and Cheese tonight(Don't worry I swished with warm salt water.) I am fine
Old 7/27/14, 02:09 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,199 Posts
I got stitched up..
Yeah,...I got stitched up as well as I had all four impacted and they had to be "dug " out. lol Dissolvable stitches.
Be sure to rinse after every meal.

Quick Reply: Just curious.. wisdom Teeth?