Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Iron Man

Search this Thread

Old 5/1/08, 11:19 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Iron Man

Just got back from seeing Iron Man. It's amazing. Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark is one of the best casting decisions in movie history! He completely captured the whole millionaire playboy thing Tony Stark does before he gets captured. The movie's a perfect blend of drama, action, and comedy. The movie really focuses on why Tony Stark becomes Iron Man. And CGI is top notch. This movie definitely has potential to become the next Spider-Man, a movie that everyone can go see and makes a metric ton of money. I just hope this series doesn't go down in flames by the third movie.

For you comic book fans, theres a bunch of little nods that you won't miss.

Be sure to stay after the credits! It's quite possibly the greatest set up for a sequel ever.

Oh, and if your theater has a digital projector, see it in that room. It's so much clearer than normal film.

Last edited by DarkHorse305; 5/1/08 at 11:24 PM.
Old 5/2/08, 12:59 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by daleksarewimps
Oh, and if your theater has a digital projector, see it in that room. It's so much clearer than normal film.
What if ALL of our projectors are digital?

I didn't get to see it yet, but we sold a whopping 54 tickets for it (8pm, 9pm, 10pm combined)... The only previews we're running are Incredible Hulk and Dark Knight (trailer #3)
Old 5/2/08, 01:40 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool! Hope it's still playing in theaters when I get back.
Old 5/2/08, 01:53 PM
Team Mustang Source

I heard in the review that they already mentioned the sequel to Terrance Howard, as he is VITAL to the 2nd movie! For those who want to see what I mean, highlight the below text by right clicking and dragging the mouse. Didn't want to be a spoiler, and post it on here with black ink.

Terrance Howard, who got the most chopped in the editing room, was already told at the beginning of the casting that he would be more than just "Rhoady", but also War Machine! Those who know the comic book know what I mean. According to comic lore, he takes over the Iron Man suit when Tony Stark relapes (alcoholism). When Stark returns, Rhoady has "issues" as the Iron Man suit was meant for the brain of Stark and not Rhoads. This leads to them becomming less of friends. When they reconcile, and Stark takes back the suit, he builds a suit for Rhoads, the War Machine suit. This is gonna be an AMAZING franchise!!!!

Last edited by 05fordgt; 5/2/08 at 01:56 PM.
Old 5/2/08, 04:02 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
I saw it at lunch today.
I liked it BETTER than Spiderman, maybe because it is more my type of superhero or maybe it was just the great cast.
Old 5/2/08, 05:50 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
I heard in the review that they already mentioned the sequel to Terrance Howard, as he is VITAL to the 2nd movie! For those who want to see what I mean, highlight the below text by right clicking and dragging the mouse. Didn't want to be a spoiler, and post it on here with black ink.
Like Rhodes said to the weaponless Mark 2, "Next time, baby."

Iron Man 2 is already being projected for a summer 2010 release. Of course, that depends on how much money Iron Man makes. But being that the movie is one of the best superhero movies ever, that shouldn't be a problem.

Iron Man is Marvel's first self produced movie under their new company Marvel Studios. If this one, and The Incredible Hulk do well, we'll get Thor, Captain America, Ant-Man, and eventually The Avengers.

You definitely gotta stay after the credits after Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk to see what Marvel has planned for the future.
Old 5/3/08, 12:22 AM
Team Mustang Source

Like Rhodes said to the weaponless Mark 2, "Next time, baby."

Iron Man 2 is already being projected for a summer 2010 release. Of course, that depends on how much money Iron Man makes. But being that the movie is one of the best superhero movies ever, that shouldn't be a problem.

Iron Man is Marvel's first self produced movie under their new company Marvel Studios. If this one, and The Incredible Hulk do well, we'll get Thor, Captain America, Ant-Man, and eventually The Avengers.

You definitely gotta stay after the credits after Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk to see what Marvel has planned for the future.
So right Jose!! I just got back 10 minutes ago from seeing it, and it was INCREDIBLE!!! I think I'm going to see it again tomorrow in the digital projection theater!! RDJ did an amazing job as Tony Stark!!! What a movie!

And the cars in Tony's garage are SWEET!! Especially the Tesla. Most people, who aren't "car nuts" won't know what that car is. The S7 looks SICK, but the coolest was seeing the R8, with the optional LED engine bay lighting actually lit up while the car was driving!!! Now thats SICK!!!(its a real option in the car)!!!
Old 5/3/08, 05:40 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I've gotta see this. Haven't heard a bad review yet. I was already interested, but everyone seems to love it.
Old 5/3/08, 06:41 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by DarkFireGT
I've gotta see this. Haven't heard a bad review yet. I was already interested, but everyone seems to love it.
I'm actually thinking of seeing it again tonight on the digital projector at the theater near me.

This is the DVD that I would by the ultimate super-duper double disc, comes with something special gift from the store version.
Old 5/3/08, 11:03 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Just seen it tonight ! Liked it a lot enough to also bye the super duper dvd & Blue Ray set I sure hope that it will come with a Digital download copy ! those are sweet and they seem to be catching on ! I give the movie a 10 and can;t wait for the next one too !
Old 5/4/08, 12:50 AM

Our "film" is only about 120GB in filesize. How much memory can you stuff onto a Blu-Ray disc? [then again, thats mostly audio]
Old 5/4/08, 01:36 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Iron Man is the greatest superhero movie I've ever seen (granted, i havent seen the Batman)

I may be biased though, as Iron Man was my absolute favorite superhero growing up anyway. Great role model if you ask me

Go see it folks. ABSOLUTELY one of the best movies out there
Old 5/4/08, 02:10 PM
Cobra Member

Saw last night and loved it as well.. Check it out all...
Old 5/5/08, 03:09 AM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yep...was good - new trailer for The Dark Knight that came before it looked pretty impressive, too, I have to say.
Old 5/5/08, 02:04 PM

Ok, so I finally watched this movie... I have to agree with reviews I've heard, except I have a feeling it will fall victim to being released the same summer as Dark Knight. People are going to love this movie then forget about it.
Old 5/5/08, 08:10 PM
GT Member

Good News Everyone!

Iron Man has made $197.6 million dollars worldwide, with $102.1 million domestically and $95.5 million internationally! Hopefully it can continue making this kind of money. It has big competition for the young child market with Speed Racer coming out this week. Then there's Narnia 2 the week after, and then Indy 4. Batman Begins had a similar opening weekend money wise, but eventually made over $200 million. Let's hope Iron Man can do the same!

The Incredible Hulk looks to be a lot better than 2003's Hulk, but it has some major competition too. Adam Sandler's You Don't Mess With The Zohan comes out exactly one week before TIH, and Mike Myer's The Love Guru comes out exactly a week after TIH. Adam Sandler and Mike Myers are guaranteed box office hits, so hopefully TIH can make enough the opening week and pull in enough before WALL-E sucks up the last dollar in every parent's wallet. Pixar are gods, this is guaranteed!

And for the greatest news of all, Marvel Studios has greenlit more movies!

Iron Man II: April 30, 2010
Thor: June 4, 2010
The First Avenger: Captain America (working title): May 6, 2011
The Avengers: July 2011

Iron Man II will be used to set up Thor, and Captain America will most likely be filmed back to back with The Avengers. No new word on Ant-Man, other than Edgar Wright, director of Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz is still attached to the project. I read somewhere Simon Pegg might be involved, so it seems they're going with a comedy route on this one. Spider-Man 4 is in development, but everyone still remembers the travesty that was Spider-Man 3 so I think they should hold off on that or create something so completely amazing that it makes us forget Emo Parker and his dance moves.

As for other Marvel movies, Punisher: War Zone (a complete reboot of the franchise) comes out December 5, 2008 and X-Men Origins: Wolverine is set for May 1, 2009.

Last edited by DarkHorse305; 5/5/08 at 08:26 PM.
Old 5/5/08, 08:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Loved Iron Man, completely agree that Robert Downey was the right choice and can't really imagine any other playing the role. Can't wait for the next installment, though so far my fav superhero movie recently was Batman Begins.

My only criticism about the movie, the music. Blech. Symphonic drivel. There were so many points where Tony Stark appears just Bad A$$! Why not throw in the black sabbath song BEFORE the credits, or something else that gets your pulse pounding instead of "generally excited" elevator music. Other than that, awesome.
Old 5/5/08, 08:30 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Mackitraz
Loved Iron Man, completely agree that Robert Downey was the right choice and can't really imagine any other playing the role. Can't wait for the next installment, though so far my fav superhero movie recently was Batman Begins.

My only criticism about the movie, the music. Blech. Symphonic drivel. There were so many points where Tony Stark appears just Bad A$$! Why not throw in the black sabbath song BEFORE the credits, or something else that gets your pulse pounding instead of "generally excited" elevator music. Other than that, awesome.
The only problem I have with the music is that the movie should've opened with AC/DC's Highway to Hell instead of Back in Black. It fits the scene so much better and if you look up the lyrics, it kinda describes Tony Stark's life.
Old 5/7/08, 02:23 AM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The only problem I have with the music is that the movie should've opened with AC/DC's Highway to Hell instead of Back in Black. It fits the scene so much better and if you look up the lyrics, it kinda describes Tony Stark's life.
Probably because the beats fit the action in the scene better. If you listen to 'Highway to Hell' - while the lyrics are definitely a bit more fitting - the music itself isn't quite as slow, nor does it match the action quite as well.
Old 5/7/08, 04:02 AM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Small price to pay considering the rest of the movie

Quick Reply: Iron Man