Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

I feel sick to my stomach...

Search this Thread

Old 2/7/08, 02:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
Originally Posted by codeman94
Take a deep breath bro....dont let emotions get you in an even worse position....if I were you, I wouldt get into detail with your work. Just tell them you need a day off and leave it at that....Youll be ok.
I agree 100% keep work and home seperate
Old 2/7/08, 02:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Yah, on the one hand you don't need more stress, so don't do anything to jeopardize your job. On the other hand, as my very cool boss kindly reminded me at one point, you have vacation and sick pay for a reason, and they are for (among other things) times that you need them which may not be convenient for everyone else. Sh%t happens. I'd just try your best to keep your boss informed of the pertinent details of what you need time off for, and inform your boss of everything as early as you can. Whether you like your boss or not, by consistently detailing your justifiable need for time off from work, you at least cover your behind so you can worry about your real problems. Might help to just minimize the number of different things that stress you out so it's more manageable.
Old 2/7/08, 03:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 1999 Black 35th GT
This has just gone from bad to worse...

Last night I called my boss and let him know that I wouldn't be in to work today because of the situation. Logically I needed the day so my dad and I could get some ideas together and I could make the needed phone calls. I also left a message last night for the office manager letting her know that I wouldn't be in today and that I would be back Friday and I would also call her today to update her on what the status is.

So I call and I ask if everything is going okay at the office. I get attitude right off the bat that she is so swamped since I called off (not my fault they still haven't hired someone to back me up like everyone else has) and when I tell her that I am going to need Monday off to meet with an attorney she has a fit saying that, "Why don't you go to one closer?", "This is your problem, not ours and you shouldn't affect the office because of your personal problem", and that as far as she's concerned I am not going to be able to take off on Monday.

Well F%^& her!!!! I have an excellent attendance record! I come in when it snows and half of the office calls off and I live 19 miles away, I come in when I am sick as a dog while this new girl in our office calls off if she has a hangnail! I'm serious, she called off one day early last year because she cut a hangnail too short and she said her finger hurt too bad to type!!!! What happens when she comes in..... she gets sympathy from the same
*female dog* that is giving me crap!

To give you guys a record of how many times I called off last year it's 2!!!

Once in January when I had to take my son to the hospital, and the last on April 21st (yes I actually remember the date) when I had pnuemonia and I only took off 1 day....1 measely day!!!

Since then I have not had ANY unplanned days off, and if I have a Dr.'s appointment I only take that hour or so I need and I ALWAYS put in a request at least a month ahead. That means it's been over 9 months since I have had to call off!

Maybe I'm talking out of my butt, but at this point, so help me God, if I get slack tommorow I am 2 seconds away from telling her what's what!

She has no idea what it is like to be on her own. She's such a loser that she is in her late 50's and lives with her sister and her mom, has never had kids, and has never lived on her own!
Honestly when it comes to personal stuff like this I would not be talking to an office manager about it. I would be talking to the REAL boss over her head if I was talking to anyone at all. She sounds like someone who would later use this as ammo against you if she gets the opportunity.
Old 2/7/08, 03:17 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
umm...good call.
Old 2/7/08, 04:06 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Exactly Lynda!!! Good Call!
Old 2/7/08, 05:15 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
sorry to hear all this andy I do wish you the best though. We can't do much but feel free to vent here as long as you need to.

As for the office manager..go over her head and put your boot in her teeth as you step on her.
Old 2/9/08, 05:46 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I'm sure that your outstanding record reflects you and all about you I would go over her head and see the boss on it I as well have been in the same situation and I Believe that I have never been canned due to my loyaty to the man how ever I've seen managers come and go. So just maybe that b e a t c h needs a guy driving a pumpkin to cart her away. Would the boss put more value on the backbone or her whoch then leads one to think why would they keep her ? I'm sorry I've got a bad cold and am now taking my 3rd personal day today hang in there really she'll get her just deserve in time.
Old 2/9/08, 04:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

Today, my father, wife and I went through all of the bills and payments. It looks really bad. I thought it was just the mortgage and the 2 credit cards. It's more like....

Mortgage
Boscovs account
New York & Co account
Home Depot account
Hospital bills
Capital One account
Bank of America account

I'm sure there's more but these are the major ones. We're now in the process of getting the current total amounts that are due. I honestly was floored to see how deep the rabbit hole really went.

I'm not making any decisions regarding moving until I find out what my options are.

I guess I'm really ticked off more by my wife's and in-law's disregard for my son's future. I can rebuild but I might not be able to give Wyatt or the coming baby what they really deserve, and that really hurts.
Old 2/9/08, 04:38 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Glad you're getting things figured out....still paryin for ya.
Old 2/9/08, 04:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

Thanks man.

You know I have to apologize to everyone out there that had emailed me regarding Mustangs for sale. I really thought I was in the market for one and I feel horrible for wasting anyone's time. I know it's not my fault, but I still want to apologize.

Andy
Old 2/9/08, 05:42 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oh man your deff in my prayers.
Old 2/9/08, 05:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hang in there, Andy. No matter how much debt you have, I would suggest you pick up a copy of Dave Ramsey's book, Total Money Makeover. You will be amazed at the success stories of people in situations very similar to yours. He explains a set-by-step process to help you dig out of your hole. There is no "magic formula" and it will take time. His plan is very practical.

Good luck!
Old 2/10/08, 01:03 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
good god Andy... this just gets worse and worse

I'm so sorry that you have to go through all this. You certainly don't deserve to have to put up and go through all this bullcrap.

I agree with you that your wife and inlaws are ridiculous and immature for not thinking about your children.

Once again, I am so sorry...

Take care buddy
Old 2/10/08, 01:25 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Good luck Andy, you'll get past this.
Old 2/10/08, 02:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

Thank you to everyone from the bottom of my heart. You guys have been very supportive and it really helps to vent. You all are true friends.

My parents are doing all that they can and I really am grateful for them.

I'll keep everyone as updated as I can as I go along.

God bless,
Andy
Old 2/10/08, 03:13 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
I really feel bad for you having to go through all this. I'll definately keep you in my prayers.
Old 2/10/08, 04:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

f that b.
what a dumb broad.
you should leave her with the debt she covered up.

i'm terribly sorry to hear about all this.
Old 2/10/08, 04:17 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by n00bstang
f that b.
what a dumb broad.
you should leave her with the debt she covered up.

i'm terribly sorry to hear about all this.
Believe me, I felt like that when she first told me. I still do a little bit. I feel as if she is a stranger to me. I don't think she has ever been unfaithful to me, but this is just as bad or worse in its own way.

I still don't know if she fully grasps what she has done and how much damage she has caused.

Yes, leaving her behind to shoulder the affects of this would not be hard to do but I have to think of my son Wyatt and his brother on the way. I think leaving her would just make things worse on my children.

I haven't made any final decisions regarding our relationship yet. I need to talk to the attorney first and see what is going to happen and then go from there.
Old 2/10/08, 04:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 1999 Black 35th GT
Believe me, I felt like that when she first told me. I still do a little bit. I feel as if she is a stranger to me. I don't think she has ever been unfaithful to me, but this is just as bad or worse in its own way.

I still don't know if she fully grasps what she has done and how much damage she has caused.

Yes, leaving her behind to shoulder the affects of this would not be hard to do but I have to think of my son Wyatt and his brother on the way. I think leaving her would just make things worse on my children.

I haven't made any final decisions regarding our relationship yet. I need to talk to the attorney first and see what is going to happen and then go from there.
You sir. Are a hero for being as selfless as you are and putting your family before yourself.

Still wishing you all the best.
Old 2/10/08, 05:18 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Andy, prayin for you and your family!, And... I know its none of mine or anyone elses buisiness but what happened to all the money??? There has to be a some reason that this happened to your family..

Quick Reply: I feel sick to my stomach...