Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

How you are spending your summer vacation

Search this Thread

Old 7/12/06, 05:45 PM
GTR Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm going to truck pulls in two weeks at the fair and going to Carlisle in september.
Old 7/12/06, 05:54 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by freebass55
I'm offended...

I might have to update my banned member list...

Please dont ban me
Old 7/12/06, 07:36 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Budders
so far i have
1. gotten into a car chase (involving paintbal guns) through downtown Orlando
2. stayed up for 36 hours straight
3. went to Denny's at 3 in the morning numerous times (in varying states of mental capacity)
4. kicked a show boatin ricers butt
5. made it to Cocoa Beach in 1/2 hour ( from my house near Downtown Orlando,the B-line is empty on weeknights)
6. nearly arrested twice, hassled by Denny's security(yes they exist) and laughed at a bicycle cops shorty shorts
7. and many more exciting, and probably illegal activities involving pretty much everything the DEA and ATF deal with.
That sounds almost exactly like my summer last year. Stayed up for 42 hrs. straight a couple months ago, then i thought i saw a pigeon walking across my buddys floor when i hadnt seen a pigeon since about 2 days earlier right before i had left Hawaii. Aaaaanyways, thumbs up for Dennys, the 3am trips are wicked. Did a trip from Calgary to Banff in 40min, about 1hr 10min normal, so those are fun too.

This summer im working about 50 or 55hrs a week. Moneys good though for an 18 year old, over a grand a week.
Old 7/12/06, 08:21 PM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by thezeppelin8
I just graduated from CSULB with a bachler's in liberal studies, and a teaching credential.
So, I am sitting in front of my computer, searching eBay for things (i.e. Comics!) to waste the money I havent made yet with the job I still do not have.
Congratulations!!!

Oh. . . I'm doing a bit of this . . .when I'm not working.
Old 7/12/06, 08:38 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Thanks a lot Jason!!

But, It's scary as hell out there!
Old 7/12/06, 08:43 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
been working my same job from the past year, only alot more, and adding "cheauffeur" to my list of many talents.

other than that, restoring a horse trailer with friends so we can sellit and split the cash, enjoying my wonderful performance automobile, and the rest of the time just loafing and goofing off with friends.
Old 7/12/06, 09:48 PM
Bullitt Member

I took the family down to Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure in Florida. We had a good time, but this was not our first trip and its getting old.
Old 7/12/06, 10:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Originally Posted by Budders
so far i have
1. gotten into a car chase (involving paintbal guns) through downtown Orlando
2. stayed up for 36 hours straight
3. went to Denny's at 3 in the morning numerous times (in varying states of mental capacity)
4. kicked a show boatin ricers butt
5. made it to Cocoa Beach in 1/2 hour ( from my house near Downtown Orlando,the B-line is empty on weeknights)
6. nearly arrested twice, hassled by Denny's security(yes they exist) and laughed at a bicycle cops shorty shorts
7. and many more exciting, and probably illegal activities involving pretty much everything the DEA and ATF deal with.

i have some pictures, i'll get them on photobucket later and post them
Hehe... I LOL'd.
Old 7/13/06, 07:10 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally Posted by MY05GT
I took the family down to Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure in Florida. We had a good time, but this was not our first trip and its getting old.
Ahh Come on! I go every December when its empty there(everyones at boring disney) I could alternate between the dragons, mummy and Hulk all day! IOA is my most favorite place on earth!

With that said: I may be going on a little trip in August
If you had to choose which would you:
Chattanooga Tennessee- Can only use up two days
Gatlinburg Tennessee-haven't been since I Was 14
PC Beach Florida-Sharks! and no more Miracle Strip, plus I can swim whenever I want here
Atlanta Georgia-can use up only two days......

Where else in the Southeast that IS NOT mississippi would be fun to go waste a week?
Old 7/14/06, 11:57 PM
Cobra Member

In 12 days I'll take my first vacation in 3 1/2 years. I'll spend 2 days in Germany and 5 in Poland. I'll see friends and will have an interview with a school in Warsaw where I'll spend a month getting an English teaching certificate next summer before landing a full time job teaching next fall. So it's a bit of business mixed with pleasure, and am I ever ready for it!
Old 7/21/06, 02:50 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

I went to Las Vegas for few days, I've also spend few days in Twin Falls, Idaho where I used to live, and now I'm back in borning Wisconsin.
Old 7/21/06, 04:09 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Well My son wanted to see some Lego, but we had to make some stops.
Attached Thumbnails How you are spending your summer vacation-trip-home-086.jpg   How you are spending your summer vacation-trip-home-058.jpg   How you are spending your summer vacation-coho-211.jpg   How you are spending your summer vacation-disney-day-2-129.jpg   How you are spending your summer vacation-disney-day-2-006.jpg  

Old 7/22/06, 06:01 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

In Gatlinburg For Ralphs Inagural Road Trip....Oh and I spent a good hour drooling on the REAL!! Eleanor
Attached Thumbnails How you are spending your summer vacation-generallee.jpg   How you are spending your summer vacation-kissses.jpg   How you are spending your summer vacation-usskylift.jpg  
Attached Images   
Old 7/23/06, 02:24 PM
Team Mustang Source

If anyone is as crazy as I to drive in Sanfransico on Lumbard St. with a manual trani from one end to the other might I suggest look first that there ARE " NO " other vehicles to impeed you climb up hill !
Attached Thumbnails How you are spending your summer vacation-arinsfamily-012.jpg   How you are spending your summer vacation-arinsfamily-015.jpg   How you are spending your summer vacation-arinsfamily-016.jpg   How you are spending your summer vacation-arinsfamily-011.jpg  
Old 7/23/06, 03:57 PM
Team Mustang Source

The Oregon Coast or Columbia river sure has some nice sunsets !
Attached Thumbnails How you are spending your summer vacation-coho-196.jpg   How you are spending your summer vacation-coho-197.jpg   How you are spending your summer vacation-coho-208.jpg   How you are spending your summer vacation-coho-209.jpg   How you are spending your summer vacation-coho-215.jpg  

Old 7/23/06, 05:35 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by ScottyBoy302
This summer im working about 50 or 55hrs a week. Moneys good though for an 18 year old, over a grand a week.
holy crap! I should have moved to Alberta for the summer. I only work between 35-40 hours a week but it takes me four weeks to make that much money. I make $8/hr. which sucks and that isnt even bad for an 18 year old in Nova Scotia.

but yeah, party as much as I can and work as much as I can, thats my summer this year. I work with fireworks so at least my job sounds cool.
Old 7/25/06, 07:01 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Holy snot- summer just passed me by.
I just realized my kids only have this week and next out of school before it starts again August 9th. WTH!

So to answer the question- I spent a good part of summer in the pool, which I am now bored with.
I got rid of the Alero finally.
I went to the Mountains, something we never did before.
And along the way somewhere I aquired a little skater boy and a little girl who likes to dress in black.
Old 7/25/06, 08:24 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EleanorsMine
Holy snot- summer just passed me by.
I just realized my kids only have this week and next out of school before it starts again August 9th. WTH!

So to answer the question- I spent a good part of summer in the pool, which I am now bored with.
I got rid of the Alero finally.
I went to the Mountains, something we never did before.
And along the way somewhere I aquired a little skater boy and a little girl who likes to dress in black.
Your kids school starts in August? that sucks. When do they get off?
Old 7/25/06, 08:32 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally Posted by korinwoodo
Your kids school starts in August? that sucks. When do they get off?
The week before Memorial Day.
Doesn't suck to me- I don't like the September to June school year.
Old 7/25/06, 03:56 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just got back from a week on the beach in St Augustine Beach,FL. Lots of fun. My kids got to see a real ocean and beach and I got reminded of what it was like growing up on the beach when I was a kid in Miami. I also got to see the wonderful white Calera,AL water tower(Eleanor was nowhere to be seen) and the world renowned Scothew Tower as I drove by the mall on my way home. I'll post some pics when I get them sized.

Quick Reply: How you are spending your summer vacation