Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Holly Jolly Holidays

Search this Thread

Old 11/27/04, 10:14 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well the weekend after Thanksgiving has arrived. I spent yesterday buying REAL Christmas decor for my supercool new house.........We got Deer and Candy Canes and A Giant angel for the tree top...... Located my Christmas stuff under the work bench in the garage.........

sooooooooo I was going to put the tree up while the man I love goes hunting for the mighty buck........ Unload my old ugly fake tree- the STAND is missing! Off to buy a nice looking one to go with my NOW nice looking decorations.

Oh and blast murphy and his laws too..........We got a heater for the downstairs- its underground and feels like the cave. Now that we have it, it warmed up....
Old 11/27/04, 10:31 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Cool

Santa baby, slip a mustang under the tree, for me
I've been an awful good girl
Santa baby, and hurry down the chimney tonight

Santa baby, an out-of-space convertible too…silver
I'll wait up for you dear

Think of all the fun I've missed
Think of all the fellas that I haven't kissed
Next year I could be oh so good
If you'd check off my Christmas list
Boo doo bee doo

Santa honey, I want my Car and really that's
Not a lot
I've been an angel all year

Santa cutie, there's one thing I really do need, the deed
To a Ford Mustang…. mine
Santa cutie, and hurry down the chimney tonight

Santa baby, fill my stocking with a GT, and checks
Sign your 'X' on the line

Come and trim my Christmas tree
With some decorations bought at Mccartys…..
I really do believe in you
Let's see if you believe in me
Boo doo bee doo

Santa baby, forgot to mention one little thing, a (key)ring
I don't mean a phone

Hurry down the chimney tonight
Hurry down the chimney tonight
Old 11/27/04, 11:05 AM
GTR Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
April, Please postpone any more Christmas postings until December
Old 11/27/04, 07:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 669 Likes on 542 Posts
No, I likes it. I mean, the Friday after TurkeyDay IS Christmas! So let the postings begin!

Dashing through the streets
In a 300 HP ride.
Over the hills we go
Laughing with such pride

Dual exhaust does sing
Making spirits bright
What fun it is to drive my steed
All day and through the night!

OH! GT wails, GT wails, GTs all the way!
Oh what fun it is to drive a 300 HP sleigh!
GT wheels, makin' squeals, sure it's fun to play!
Oh I'm havin' so much fun in my Mustang all the day!

Yay Xmas! Watch out for Santa... Especially you, Bender!
Old 11/27/04, 11:04 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Even though I was assured.......It will be an xm skyfi 2 and not Eleanor under it......
Old 11/28/04, 05:51 PM
Cobra Member

You're all nuts!

I plan on doing all my xmas shopping on 12/24 around noon-ish
Old 11/28/04, 06:26 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by FrankBullitt05@November 28, 2004, 7:54 PM
You're all nuts!

in a perfect world.....
The grinch is my hero
Old 11/28/04, 11:11 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Christmas is way too commercialized. I for one would rather it be like Thanksgiving and be done with it. As a matter of fact, I'd rather that every month there were a Thanksgiving. That'd be awesome.

BUT, that would just get commercialized too, right? Sigh.

/has to buy the one gift that is the most difficult because the guy has everything he wants or needs, but of course, that's the name I drew. Drat.
Old 11/28/04, 11:21 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Oh yeah, a song:

I'll be drunk for Christmas
And I'll have to pee.
Please let me go.... upon the snow...
and perhaps.... on a tree

Christmas Eve will find me
Where the drunkards sleep.
Post my bond for Christmas
So I can be set free.

Thank you, and good night!
Old 11/28/04, 11:55 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally posted by FrankBullitt05@November 28, 2004, 7:54 PM
You're all nuts!

My office is in the tower attached to the largest mall in this area. You wont catch me down there on 12/24! (or just about anytime in december :P) I wont even go downstairs for lunch in the food court or anything. Its plain crazy! People like april just clogging the place up

J/K April
Old 11/29/04, 12:01 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

You don't know what you got until it's gone. After missing Christmas last year being here in Iceland....I'm looking forward to the crowds, shopping, and Christmas decorations. I move back on the 9th and I plan on having a tree and decorations by the following Monday.
Old 11/29/04, 12:14 AM
GT Member

Sad thing about this is is that me and my girlfriend havent bought most of the gifts so far. Too me it's too early but the sooner the better.
Old 11/29/04, 01:42 AM
GTR Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I have to say that for once, my wife and I are pretty organised this year. got 80% of the gifts we need already, and it ain't even December yet! The reason for this is the same one Scot cited, I cannot be doing with Christmas shoppers in the shopping centres, they get a siege mentality on them
Old 11/29/04, 04:50 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by Scothew+November 29, 2004, 1:58 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Scothew @ November 29, 2004, 1:58 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-FrankBullitt05@November 28, 2004, 7:54 PM
You're all nuts!

My office is in the tower attached to the largest mall in this area. You wont catch me down there on 12/24! (or just about anytime in december :P) I wont even go downstairs for lunch in the food court or anything. Its plain crazy! People like april just clogging the place up

J/K April [/b][/quote]
ME?
Not. Forget fighting the crowds and the bells and kids and carousel and the other stuff.

I won't go near tha monstrosity again until at least my Birthday. Gimme the Summit and Patton creek and Colonial Plaza if I must go shopping till then!
Old 11/29/04, 04:59 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

My whole family is frigging insane! Thats enough to make Christmas tedious- time to change all that!

I love the whole Christmas smells and tree thing, Buying stuff for my immediate family, love it too. Hades, I like getting presents too. I DO NOT like the ungreatful parts- like drawing names and getting my loose aunts latest Piece of A.....Or having two kids under 18 and aunts who have kids over 18 and get ticked I Don't buy for them too-simple, don't buy for mine problem solved -quit jawing. Going by that logic,I should still get a present from everyone in my family. 18- adult, no more gratuitous kid presents. Or the other aunt- who tells everyone: my kid wants this amount of money from you......Drawing names, spending hours finding the perfect present and getting a check thrown at you in return not even in a card. Compounded by the fact that I am an only child, which means my parents have no one to stick the grief on, so even if I wanted a white Christmas in NY I couldn't do it until the 26th. BECAUSE I HAVE THEIR ONLY BABIES EVER! And where would Christmas be if they spent it alone?

And no one will EVER forget my zealot aunt telling us we are going to HADES because we have the nerve to eat Rumballs- because rum is the devils drink of choice and Jesus hates us.Oh, and then she sneezed on me and gave me and most everyone else the flu.(one bottle bacardi or appleton, one package of hersheys cocoa, 2 lbs of sugar,one package of walnuts or pecans one box of vanilla wafers- crush wafers and nuts in food processor, mix with cocoa, pour in rum until wet enough to roll into *****, add more wafers to soak more rum up, stick in a tub of sugar and "cook" for 2 days- get a little tipsy without all the work.)

I am just content, I don't need the whole commercial thing- I finally have a house I am proud of,we have good jobs, kids are in a great school, and everyone is healthy, I have Eddie which is the dog breed I have coveted for years, this time next year Eleanor will be safe at home........pretty much all I need.

I agree with Mike..... Commercialus is driving me insane. BUY BUY BUY.......Forget about the rumballs, and cookies and ham, and tree and music.....The mall had Christmas lights up in October.

This year I am skipping that dysfunctional family Christmas. Look up NUTS in the dictionary, theres my lunatic family. I want a happy Christmas...... And if it kills me I will accomplish it!!

My list is sooooooo not thought out this year All I have:
My son is getting an orange county choppers bicycle.My daughter the urbz, find some $$ for a new geetar for the hubby.. and thats as far as I have gotten.

There isn't even anything I want! Just a skyfi 2 for the car(WOW REWIND AND SONG REQUEST!!), but hey my birthday is in January...that's 27 days after Christmas for those who wonder And on the Bright side, the Eleanor fund is 5% full.
Old 11/29/04, 05:41 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

This is true-

For the ladies who are about to start Christmas shopping, and the men who need to drop a hint...

Rule #1: When in doubt - buy him a cordless drill. It does not matter if he already has one. I have a friend who owns 17 and he has yet to complain. As a man, you can never have too many cordless drills. No one knows why.
Rule #2: If you cannot afford a cordless drill, by him anything with the word ratchet or socket in it. Men love saying those two words. "Hey, George, can I borrow your ratchet?" "OK, by the way, are you through with my 3/8-inch socket yet?" Again, no one knows why.

Rule #3: If you are really, really broke, buy him anything for his car, a 99-cent ice scraper, a small bottle of de-icer or something to hang from his rear view mirror. Men love gifts for their cars. No one knows why.

Rule #4: Do not buy men socks. Do not buy men ties. And never buy men bathrobes. Once I was told that if God had wanted men to wear bathrobes, he wouldn't have invented Jockey shorts.

Rule #5: You can buy men new remote controls to replace the ones they have worn out. If you have a lot of money, buy your man a big screen TV with the little picture in the corner. Watch him go wild as he flips, and flips, and flips.

Rule #6: Do not buy a man any of those fancy liqueurs. If you do, it will sit in a cupboard for 23 years. Real men drink whiskey or beer.

Rule #7: Do not buy any man industrial sized canisters of after shave or deodorant. I'm told they do not stink, they are earthy.

Rule #8: Buy men label makers. Almost as good as cordless drills. Within a couple of weeks, there will be labels absolutely everywhere. "Socks, Shorts, Cups, Saucers, Door, Lock, Sink." You get the idea. No one knows why.

Rule #9: Never buy a man anything that says "some assembly required" on the box. It will ruin his Special Day and he will always have parts left over.
Rule #10: Good places to shop for men include Northwest Iron Works, Parr Lumbar, Home Depot, John Deere, Valley RV Center and Les Schwab Tire. (Auto parts stores and Sears Clearance Centers are also excellent men's stores.) It doesn't matter if he doesn't know what it is. "From Sears Auto, eh? Must be something I need. Hey! Isn't this a starter from a '57 Chevy? Wow! Thanks!"

Rule #11: Men enjoy danger. That's why they never cook - but they will barbecue. Get him a monster barbecue with a 100-pound propane tank. Tell him the gas line leaks. "Oh, the thrill! The challenge! Who wants a hamburger?"
Rule #12: Tickets to a Lakers game or the Anaheim Ducks are smart gifts. However, he will not appreciate tickets to "A Retrospective of 19th Centural Quilts" Everyone knows why.

Rule #13: Men love chain saws. Never, ever, buy a man you love a chain saw. If you don't know why - please refer to Rule #8 and what happens when he gets a label maker.

Rule #14: It's hard to beat a really good wheelbarrow or an aluminum extension ladder. Never buy a real man a stepladder. It must be an extension ladder. No one knows why.

Rule #15: Rope. Men love rope (especially a ropin' rope!). It takes us back to our cowboy origins......or at least to the Boy Scouts. Nothing says love like a hundred feet of 3/8" manila rope. No one knows why.
Old 11/29/04, 08:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

...HUMBUG...
Old 11/29/04, 08:55 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@November 29, 2004, 4:44 AM
Rule #12: Tickets to a Lakers game or the Anaheim Ducks are smart gifts.
Uh NO!

Plus, rule six is right on!
Old 12/2/04, 05:16 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Why men can't design Christmas wrap......
Old 12/2/04, 05:26 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Well its here;Christmas time!

Some little updates: Due to some things I gotta fix,sell, and pay off- I may actually get so screwed up I will wind up with a DHG or Titanium Eleanor(If offered) Which is both good and bad I guess? So Santa Baby will be slipping me a Skyfi 2 under the tree instead..... B) and and Good things come...........a pink ice ring would be nice too....

This weekend kicks off the holiday parade..........Mine throws Mardis Gras beads and Candy..........And Santa on a firetruck.

I got Elvis' Christmas Classics keyed up in the CD player....Can't have Christmas without Elvis......

My list is complete, I just have to buy the stuff.

Oh, and my fake tree is the coolest ever- It came prelit, so when I added my cool lights, it made it look VERY cool.

I got some reindeer for the yard too, I am bucking the neighborhood and will not be getting a giant blow up whatchamacallit(santa, bear,moose) or icicle lights.

And its cooooooooold outside: Lemme share my second favorite Christmas song:

really can't stay - Baby it's cold outside
I've got to go away - Baby it's cold outside
This evening has been - Been hoping that you'd drop in
So very nice - I'll hold your hands, they're just like ice
My mother will start to worry - Beautiful, what's your hurry
My father will be pacing the floor - Listen to the fireplace roar
So really I'd better scurry - Beautiful, please don't hurry
well Maybe just a half a drink more - Put some music on while I pour

The neighbors might think - Baby, it's bad out there
Say, what's in this drink - No cabs to be had out there
I wish I knew how - Your eyes are like starlight now