Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

GOD

Search this Thread

Old 8/14/04, 07:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are there any Christians out there? I just got saved about 2 years ago and I would like to talk with some other fellow believers.
Old 8/14/04, 07:57 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I was saved about a month ago and just joined my church. PM me if ya wanna talk.
Old 8/17/04, 04:28 PM
GT Member

Yes! I got saved in 1966! The most important thing you can ever do! Mark
Old 8/17/04, 04:35 PM
GTR Member

Originally posted by MustangMan311@August 14, 2004, 10:00 AM
I was saved about a month ago and just joined my church. PM me if ya wanna talk.
What does being "Saved" entail? I am baptised, got confirmed into the faith at 12 yo and still visit church, please tell me I do not need saving! I am not being flippant here, just not sure of the American termnology.

James
Old 8/17/04, 07:16 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Being 'Saved' is accepting Christ into your heart. If you don't, you go to H_ll and there fore spend eternity working or, well, burning. So, if you accept Christ, you are saved from H_ll.
Old 8/17/04, 07:38 PM
Team Mustang Source

Yes being Saved is accepting Christ as the ruler of your life. You follow his plan and guidance for your life as revealed in the Bible. He sends the Holy Spirit to live inside you so that you are a new creation aka born again. The Holy Spirit empowers you to do Gods will and to guide you by the gentle promptings to your soul. But you need to pray daily and read the bible daily so you are not deceived by false teachings or spirits.
Old 8/18/04, 10:01 AM

Here's the way I see it. We are born and WHEN we get to the age that we know right from wrong, then we are sinners. That age may vary from person to person depending on maturity levels. We are destined for heck the moment that we realize that we are doing wrong, (sinning). We must repent which means ask God for forgiveness and turn from our evil ways. Romans 10:9 says it best. If you believe in your heart in GOD and that HE died for you, then you will be saved. Like the other guy said, the BIBLE is our armor against Satan. To me the BIBLE stands for Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth. That's a good way to look at it because the Bible is God's law and teachings for us. We Christians are to reflect a mirror image of GOD and show the lost people that without GOD, they are nothing. So if you are lost, please hit your knees and ask The Lord for forgiveness of your sins. Believe in The Lord and you will be saved. One sweet day HE is coming back to get HIS people. He already died once for us all, so don't wait until it's too late. Get saved now!!!!!!!! Baptism does not save you, it is simply a "public" way of telling the world that you belong to Christ. So get saved first, then be baptized and tell the world what great things GOD has done for you.
Old 8/18/04, 10:12 AM

In my previous response, I misspelled heck. I typed in HECK. heck is a real place and it awaits the sinners. I love my Roush stage II, but one day it will melt when the Earth is being rained on by fire and brimstone. Earthly things are temporal, but HEAVEN and heck are eternal (forever). Just read about the rich man and Lazarus in the Bible. Please invest your time in GOD and live forever.
Old 8/18/04, 12:01 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Originally posted by GtownRoush@August 18, 2004, 9:15 AM
In my previous response, I misspelled heck. I typed in HECK.

langauge filter strikes again
Old 8/18/04, 12:52 PM

Okay, now I feel really dumb. I finally see that there is a language block on this site. I don't believe that I was cursing, but the word I was using can be taken for as slang foul language. But you all know the word that I am talking about and that it is all throughout the BIBLE and that it is a real place. I just want to encourage people to live for the Lord and go to Heaven. God Bless.
Old 8/18/04, 01:01 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

all righty then.
Old 8/18/04, 01:06 PM
Cobra Member

I was saved when I was 7 years old, on my sister's 6th birthday (4/14/91). My grandfather, who was a Baptist preacher at the time, led me to the Lord and I accepted Christ as my personal Savior. I was baptized when I was 10. I went to private Christian schools my entire life, and for that, I am forever thankful to God and to my parents for dishing out the tuition

I myself am not "Baptist," but I attend a non-denominational Christian church whose teachings I've found mirror the teachings of the Bible. It is similar to the Baptist teaching, but not as strict in certain areas. For instance, dancing is not an abomination, and the scare-tactics used by SOME Baptist ministries to talk people into getting saved are not used. We don't constantly tell people they're going to lleh if they don't get saved. If they ask, we most certainly tell them the outcome of living a life on their own terms, which is lleh. We just tell people the good news if they choose to get saved, which is an eternity with God in heaven, or the New Jerusalem. Living where the streets are paved with gold, and everyone gets along and has their own mansion, and loves to worship God day and night. But, Christianity is trying at times, and I've found myself tested and tried on several occasions. But, I've stuck with God, and He's stuck with me through everything. :worship:

I seriously hope this thread doesn't turn nasty.
Old 8/18/04, 01:19 PM
GTR Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by GtownRoush@August 18, 2004, 1:55 PM
Okay, now I feel really dumb. I finally see that there is a language block on this site. I don't believe that I was cursing, but the word I was using can be taken for as slang foul language. But you all know the word that I am talking about and that it is all throughout the BIBLE and that it is a real place. I just want to encourage people to live for the Lord and go to Heaven. God Bless.
The language filters do not look at the context in which a word was used, just the word itself. They are automatic. Everyone here has been makes for a funny post.

Old 8/18/04, 01:35 PM
Cobra Member

HECK, I knew a FEMALE DOG who would never shut her DARN mouth, so I told her to eat POO.

Old 8/18/04, 02:14 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

ummmm...The language filter hates me- I coulda got in trouble.
Old 8/18/04, 03:30 PM
Cobra Member

i was born a lutheran but find church service boring and unispiring
Old 8/18/04, 03:48 PM
Cobra Member

Church is not everything, though. Being religious is one's own PERSONAL relationship with God (or the higher power in the respective religion.)

I spend 167 hours of the week not in church, and therefore, church service has nothing to do with the basis of my faith. It is something I love to do and I feel it is necessary in one's own walk, but I do often times hear the argument that a certain person is not religious because they don't like church. I'd be just as religious without church. Nothing personal, Charles, you just solidified a point of mine.
Old 8/18/04, 05:00 PM
Cobra Member

This is my 1000th post.

I figured this was the best thread to post it in.

I just wanted to let everyone out there who is not a Christian know that Christianity is not as awful as many believe. I know the stereotype of a Christian is that of a Bible-beater, stick-up-the-butt, judgmental, holier-than-thou kinda person. It's not what Christianity is about. Sure, there are many Christians who are like that, and I can't stand 'em. I wish they'd shut up sometimes. But, just like there are radical Muslims, there are radical Christians. They're the ones who make us look bad. Not the religion itself, and most definitely not the Bible. Being a Christian is a choice (the most important one I've ever made), but not everyone understands our beliefs, and if you don't, that's up to you. But, I'm not one to force my beliefs on anyone else. But just know that I believe that Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life, and you'll never know happiness until you believe that yourself and accept Christ as your Savior.

And I also believe that Mustangs kick HINEY.
Old 8/18/04, 05:29 PM
Team Mustang Source

Some people a weird some people are strange then they become Christians. Now they are my weird strange brothers and sisters in Christ you can't chose your family. YHVH (God) loves them all but we won't be perfect till we get to heaven. If church services are boring to you visit other denominations there are many styles of Worship not all people are the same as the bible says. Tolerance of others as long as they don't defame Christ by thier actions i.e. murder,adultery, etc. is ok just find a congregation that TEACHES the bible and enjoy. I've been to congregations that bored me and some that inspiried and awed me all in the same denomination. The bible teaches that we should not forsake assembling together. We are family and we should look out for each other.
Old 8/18/04, 05:44 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by Dr Iven@August 18, 2004, 3:51 PM
Church is not everything, though. Being religious is one's own PERSONAL relationship with God (or the higher power in the respective religion.)

I spend 167 hours of the week not in church, and therefore, church service has nothing to do with the basis of my faith. It is something I love to do and I feel it is necessary in one's own walk, but I do often times hear the argument that a certain person is not religious because they don't like church. I'd be just as religious without church. Nothing personal, Charles, you just solidified a point of mine.
I agree, Church isn't everything. I REALLY do not like sitting in the services but I think it shows The Lord and others that I respect him. Chruch may not be the best fun in the world but you can learn many good lessons from it. Our new preacher just started a few months ago and is REALLY good. He is young and has some very good sermons.

Quick Reply: GOD