The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Off-Topic Chatter (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f649/)
-   -   The Geek Out (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f649/geek-out-513549/)

AlsCobra 9/21/12 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500

It is but I'm not sure it outweighs the sheer lame dimensions. It's complete nonsense to just make a screen longer with no added width. Is 1/4 inch too much to ask for?

Well my phone stays in my front pocket with no case. Wider might not work for me because I usually have a radio clipped to my pocket also. I'm waiting for someone at work to upgrade and I'll buy their 4S off them till next year. The regular 4 sucks compared to just the S.

11SHELBYGT500 9/21/12 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by AlsCobra

Well my phone stays in my front pocket with no case. Wider might not work for me because I usually have a radio clipped to my pocket also. I'm waiting for someone at work to upgrade and I'll buy their 4S off them till next year. The regular 4 sucks compared to just the S.

What are you using now?

Scothew 9/21/12 01:20 PM

I just got done trying to fix some dudes old *** pc's they use for voice mail. they have to use these cause the voice mail system they are using in these pc's are based off of ISA slot cards. UPGRADE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY. ISA was out before i was born i think. thats how old this crap was. WHy i even touched it is beyond me, i guess since the guy that signs my paycheck is buddies with him, i had to deal with it. :censored:

AlsCobra 9/21/12 01:21 PM

What are you using now?

Just the 4. I gave the wife my 4S when I upgraded. Yeah I'm just a great guy. :bs:

shurtual86 9/21/12 01:22 PM

:disappointed: I hit the AT&T store around 7:30 with about 30 people in. Around 9:00 they came out and told the people in line (about 10 in front of me) that they were out of 32 and 64 black and had 3 16 blacks left and 2 32 whites. Which means they only received about 30 phones, total. That's not why I was disappointed. I went to one of the best buys that had some extras and as soon as I saw it :( disappointed. It looks odd, it's longer with no added width :dumb: I couldn't buy it, it just looked too stupid. I'm going to wait to see if it grows on me, but I'm a little pissed they didn't add even a 1/4 inch to the width.

Did you not read anything about the dimensions of the new iPhone, prior to seeing it in person? They all said its basically a longer, thinner 4S with a slightly bigger screen.

11SHELBYGT500 9/21/12 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by shurtual86

Did you not read anything about the dimensions of the new iPhone, prior to seeing it in person? They all said its basically a longer, thinner 4S with a slightly bigger screen.

I had that picture in my head of them side by side at an angle, which gave the illusion of the 5 being a little wider and I just assumed that since they were making the screen larger that meant wider too, like any normal human being would think. "Bigger" screen is a bull**** description, they should have said thinner with a "LONGER" screen.

shurtual86 9/21/12 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Scothew
I just got done trying to fix some dudes old *** pc's they use for voice mail. they have to use these cause the voice mail system they are using in these pc's are based off of ISA slot cards. UPGRADE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY. ISA was out before i was born i think. thats how old this crap was. WHy i even touched it is beyond me, i guess since the guy that signs my paycheck is buddies with him, i had to deal with it. :censored:

I had to look it up :shame:

I had that picture in my head of them side by side at an angle, which gave the illusion of the 5 being a little wider and I just assumed that since they were making the screen larger that meant wider too, like any normal human being would think. "Bigger" screen is a bull**** description, they should have said thinner with a "LONGER" screen.

Yeah, :dunno: I'll go look at one sometime this weekend

Scothew 9/21/12 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by shurtual86 (Post 6446047)
I had to look it up :shame:

sad huh??

shurtual86 9/21/12 02:00 PM

sad huh??

Yeah, I guess ISA started getting phased out in the early 2000's

Scothew 9/21/12 02:02 PM

ISA. dip switch irq's, mobos where you have to actually map out what had what irq vs bios controlled.... all old crap.

11SHELBYGT500 9/21/12 02:04 PM

sad huh??

Originally Posted by shurtual86

Yeah, I guess ISA started getting phased out in the early 2000's

What do you guys mean, that's only 10 years ago and only 20 years old in tech talk. :jester:

2k7gtcs 9/21/12 03:33 PM

So my Colorado tape backup is old too I guess?

Scothew 9/21/12 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
So my Colorado tape backup is old too I guess?

That's newer than these things were. They had 128mb ram and pentium pro 233 CPUs

Ethanjbeau 9/21/12 05:49 PM

That's newer than these things were. They had 128mb ram and pentium pro 233 CPUs

Lets start using assembler too!!

Rog13GTCS 9/21/12 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Ethanjbeau (Post 6446195)
Lets start using assembler too!!

Hey what's wrong with assembler? :D Real programmers use assembler.

houtex 9/21/12 07:25 PM

mt

/as they say in the games when you type something that's not meant for that channel. :p

myponyandme 9/23/12 11:46 PM

Have any of y'all had a problem sending pics from your iPhone album to Facebook since it updated? Tonight is the first time I tried to upload to Facebook like that?!? It made the iOS album, but no pics?!? Just curious :)

11SHELBYGT500 9/23/12 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by myponyandme
Have any of y'all had a problem sending pics from your iPhone album to Facebook since it updated? Tonight is the first time I tried to upload to Facebook like that?!? It made the iOS album, but no pics?!? Just curious :)

Very few here use Facebook that I know of.

lalayla 9/24/12 01:17 AM

I'm guilty of the FB

shurtual86 9/24/12 10:42 AM

I want!

http://gizmodo.com/5945681/watch-a-m...h-a-real-laser