Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Feedback for vacuum accessory

Old 5/9/16, 04:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Feedback for vacuum accessory

Hi everyone, I'm Daniel, born and raised a Mustang lover. Growing up, my father had numerous Mustangs and I was raised in a car show atmosphere. Currently, he continues to own his first vehicle, a 1969 Mustang with a 302 dropped in as well as his daily driver, a 2011 heavily modified 5.0. For myself, I'm only 25, but I purchased a 2013 V6 at age 20 and went on to trade that in for a 2014 V6 Roush the next year (kinda stupid in retrospect, I know, but hey, I met Jack and he signed it!).

Growing up, I was helping dad clean and detail cars since I was a toddler. I took great pride in car detailing during my life and one thing has irritated me since I was a little kid: vacuum attachments. I always wondered why the didn't have lights on the ends of them because invariably I'd be out cleaning the car in a mix of sunlight and shade which really made vacuuming a bigger chore than it should've been. Furthermore, cars just never seem to have enough interior lighting down below to adequately make a quick vacuuming pass.

Fast forward to a year ago: I sponsored a group of engineering seniors at my alma mater to develop lighted accessories for their senior capstone. They finished about 85% of the initial prototype and what they turned over to me was a rather decent start to launch me to the second phase, or production prototype.

My questions to you, my second family, are 1.) Would there be an interest in such a product? And 2.) Would anyone be interested in joining me to bring the project to completion and market?

If there is an interest, I can describe in more detail plus post prototype pictures and the phase 2 design. The plan for powering the accessories and the design of them is rather creative and I believe it could be a success with a little help from some believers.

Thank you for your time,
Daniel
Old 5/10/16, 06:27 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 841 Posts
Sounds interesting. I know the LED light on my Dewalt cordless drill/screwdriver is nice to have.